Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Default 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

0 Not allowed!
    What would you guys think about using both of the first round picks on the O-line?

Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

Then using the majority of the remaining picks on the defense. This would really help to solidify the o-line. Then we could Brodie 1 full season behind a good line to figure out if he is the real deal. If he isn't, we'd have another high pick next year to go get a franchise QB.

Not saying I'm in agreement with this strategy. I'm just curious what others think of this kind of strategy.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to agree on that note. I do think he's a lil old. But Im sure he'd give a good 3-4yrs. idk bout the 1st rd. pick.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    Glad to agree on that note. I do think he's a lil old. But Im sure he'd give a good 3-4yrs. idk bout the 1st rd. pick.
    Don't ask texaschief about him or he will call you stupid.

He did it to me and I'm still crying.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Don't ask texaschief about him or he will call you stupid.

He did it to me and I'm still crying.
    I didn't call you stupid yet.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I didn't call you stupid yet. :piss:
    FYR!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    No on trading a 1st for Taylor. This team is building for the future. Now I'm thinking that J Long is gone by #5. So we end up taking Sedrick Ellis or Vernon Gholston.

But now I think I'd like to see us take Matt Ryan with our first pick if he's there. Very risky, but he could be a franchise QB. He seems to be very smart and a game tape junkie. I worry what some of the other guys will do once they get a #5 payday. There really is no wrong choice at #5 because of all of the team needs. The buckeye fans I have talked to don't seem that high on Gholston though, so I'm hoping for someone other than him.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    No on trading a 1st for Taylor. This team is building for the future. Now I'm thinking that J Long is gone by #5. So we end up taking Sedrick Ellis or Vernon Gholston.

But now I think I'd like to see us take Matt Ryan with our first pick if he's there. Very risky, but he could be a franchise QB. He seems to be very smart and a game tape junkie. I worry what some of the other guys will do once they get a #5 payday. There really is no wrong choice at #5 because of all of the team needs. The buckeye fans I have talked to don't seem that high on Gholston though, so I'm hoping for someone other than him.
    I think we KNOW by now that J. Long will be gone considering he's signed a contract. I personally think the other Long will be the pick. The Raiders don't need him as much as they need a franchise RB. Dorsey goes #2, Ryan at #3 and DMac at #4. Long will be the pick.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think we KNOW by now that J. Long will be gone considering he's signed a contract. I personally think the other Long will be the pick. The Raiders don't need him as much as they need a franchise RB. Dorsey goes #2, Ryan at #3 and DMac at #4. Long will be the pick.
    I meant Chris Long.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I meant Chris Long.
    oh....

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I changed my first round #5 pick from Ryan to no friggin' clue after the JA trade.

I won't even venture a guess at this point.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I changed my first round #5 pick from Ryan to no friggin' clue after the JA trade.

I won't even venture a guess at this point.
    Repeat it 3 times Biermann!!!! Lets all say it out loud!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast