Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.


    0 Not allowed!
    What would you guys think about using both of the first round picks on the O-line?

    Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

    Then using the majority of the remaining picks on the defense. This would really help to solidify the o-line. Then we could Brodie 1 full season behind a good line to figure out if he is the real deal. If he isn't, we'd have another high pick next year to go get a franchise QB.

    Not saying I'm in agreement with this strategy. I'm just curious what others think of this kind of strategy.


  2. #41
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Repeat after me... Biermann... I want to start a campaign!!!
    I'm not willing to go that far, but if he's available in the 3rd round I say we take him!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #42
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I'm not willing to go that far, but if he's available in the 3rd round I say we take him!

    In the 3rd?!!!! MAYBE....MAYBE the 5th...but i'm not willing to spend a 3rd on that guy. We need to take Zuttah and Nelson with at least 2 of those picks and probably a CB as well.

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    In the 3rd?!!!! MAYBE....MAYBE the 5th...but i'm not willing to spend a 3rd on that guy. We need to take Zuttah and Nelson with at least 2 of those picks and probably a CB as well.
    Jared was a 4th round pick so I guess we bust on this hand.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gardner
    Posts
    2,834
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    In the 3rd?!!!! MAYBE....MAYBE the 5th...but i'm not willing to spend a 3rd on that guy. We need to take Zuttah and Nelson with at least 2 of those picks and probably a CB as well.
    Nope 4th round would be good, but we need him - trust me, if they are smart.... they need to follow what has worked... ie.. jA

    He is a friggin mountain!!!

  6. #45
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Nope 4th round would be good, but we need him - trust me, if they are smart.... they need to follow what has worked... ie.. jA

    He is a friggin mountain!!!
    yeah, screw drafting DEs in the first...let's go to the 4th to pick them all....we all know with Peterson's draft history that finding studs late in the draft....especially in the 4th and 5th rounds is common for him.

    **sarcasm**

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Nope 4th round would be good, but we need him - trust me, if they are smart.... they need to follow what has worked... ie.. jA

    He is a friggin mountain!!!
    I wouldn't say he is a mountain, but he is like me, a hill that can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee!



    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    yeah, screw drafting DEs in the first...let's go to the 4th to pick them all....we all know with Peterson's draft history that finding studs late in the draft....especially in the 4th and 5th rounds is common for him.

    **sarcasm**

    Smarty pants.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #47
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If Long isn't there at 5, let's trade the #5 and #140 picks to the Cowboys who want Dmac for the 22nd, 28th and 61st picks.

    Next, we trade the 22nd, 61st and 82nd picks to the Bills for the 11th pick.

    Next, we trade the 11th, and #105 to Cinci for the 9th pick where we take Albert.

    Next, we trade the 17th and 129th and 136th picks to the Bengals for the 11th pick.

    With the 9th pick, we take Branden Albert.

    With the 11th pick, we take Ryan Clady.

    With the 28th pick, we take Cailis Campbell.

    With the 34th pick, we take Antoine Cason.

    With the 66th pick, we take Early Doucet

    With the 73rd pick, we take Chris Ellis

    With the 140th pick, we take whoever Tammie wants lol

  9. #48
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If Long isn't there at 5, let's trade the #5 and #140 picks to the Cowboys who want Dmac for the 22nd, 28th and 61st picks.

    Next, we trade the 22nd, 61st and 82nd picks to the Bills for the 11th pick.

    Next, we trade the 11th, and #105 to Cinci for the 9th pick where we take Albert.

    Next, we trade the 17th and 129th and 136th picks to the Bengals for the 11th pick.

    With the 9th pick, we take Branden Albert.

    With the 11th pick, we take Ryan Clady.

    With the 28th pick, we take Cailis Campbell.

    With the 34th pick, we take Antoine Cason.

    With the 66th pick, we take Early Doucet

    With the 73rd pick, we take Chris Ellis

    With the 140th pick, we take whoever Tammie wants lol
    I'm not gonna call you retarded or anything, but that is retarded to think that you can know who will be available at those picks.


    Diet Coke drinker.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  10. #49
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I've brought up Taylor a few times with mixed results.

    Some think he's too old for what we are building here in KC.

    I think he's a little old for a first round pick, but he would be an awesome addition to the team.
    Plus he can teach all the Chiefs how to dance!!!

  11. #50
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gardner
    Posts
    2,834
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I'm not gonna call you retarded or anything, but that is retarded to think that you can know who will be available at those picks.


    Diet Coke drinker.
    If you don't I will!

    With the 140th pick, we take whoever Tammie wants lol[/quote]

    Come on.... I deserve better than that

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •