Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

Default 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

What would you guys think about using both of the first round picks on the O-line?

Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

Then using the majority of the remaining picks on the defense. This would really help to solidify the o-line. Then we could Brodie 1 full season behind a good line to figure out if he is the real deal. If he isn't, we'd have another high pick next year to go get a franchise QB.

Not saying I'm in agreement with this strategy. I'm just curious what others think of this kind of strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    We don't need to move anyone to end, we are gonna get Jason Taylor from the Dolphins if we are smart.
    you can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    you can't be serious.
    Why not?

We replace Allen by trading our #17 first round pick for Taylor, then we still have the two 3rd round picks left from the trade.

We win all around.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Why not?

We replace Allen by trading our #17 first round pick for Taylor, then we still have the two 3rd round picks left from the trade.

We win all around.
    We trade a 25 year old DE to get a 34 year old DE? No thanks. I'd rather have the picks. While at THIS VERY POINT in time, i DO think Taylor is the better of the two DEs, i just don't think it would be smart to spend a first round pick and that kind of money on a guy you can't build around for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    We trade a 25 year old DE to get a 34 year old DE? No thanks. I'd rather have the picks. While at THIS VERY POINT in time, i DO think Taylor is the better of the two DEs, i just don't think it would be smart to spend a first round pick and that kind of money on a guy you can't build around for the long term.
    You're right he's too old.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I actually think we're going to be able to draft C. Long. I think Dmac goes to the Raiders. I also think Long is probably the 4th player on the Raiders' draft board. Obviously Dorsey, Dmac are ahead of him, but i also think Ellis could be ahead of Long. The Raiders desperately need to replace Sapp and aren't in that desperate need of a DE as opposed to a DT.

I think the Chiefs believe this as well considering the Allen trade didn't happen until they were positive that Long was no longer available. I don't think it was coincidental that the trade happened so quickly after the J. Long signing.

By trading Allen, they got what could be an equally talented player in Long while additionally acquiring a couple 3rd round picks. I think this was a very good move if....IF Long is there at 5.

IF

Is that a big enough "if" for ya?

IF
    .....he's not, the Chiefs HAVE to trade out of that 5 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What would you guys think about using both of the first round picks on the O-line?

Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

Then using the majority of the remaining picks on the defense. This would really help to solidify the o-line. Then we could Brodie 1 full season behind a good line to figure out if he is the real deal. If he isn't, we'd have another high pick next year to go get a franchise QB.

Not saying I'm in agreement with this strategy. I'm just curious what others think of this kind of strategy.
    I think we should use those two draft picks to get the very best two O-linemen available that the draft has to offer. But Carl and Herm will use at least one of them on a DE to attempt to fill the hole left behind by Allen's departure which occurred as a result of Carl's huge brain fart.

I would agree with it, but after hearing some new news, my mind rattled. Jason Taylor on the table? Empty DE spot? 2 1st rd. picks?

Just me, you dont have to agree at all, but I would use the 5th pick for a O-Line or trade someone down lil bit for their 1st picks this yr and next. Then take the OL at that spot, nothing past 14/15th. Then for the 17th pick, I trade for Jason Taylor. Maybe even grab a OG 17th and trade some other picks for Taylor. Later on I grab a guy like Henne or Flacco. I grab another OL, and I grab a 2nd/3rd rd. WR.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I would agree with it, but after hearing some new news, my mind rattled. Jason Taylor on the table? Empty DE spot? 2 1st rd. picks?

Just me, you dont have to agree at all, but I would use the 5th pick for a O-Line or trade someone down lil bit for their 1st picks this yr and next. Then take the OL at that spot, nothing past 14/15th. Then for the 17th pick, I trade for Jason Taylor. Maybe even grab a OG 17th and trade some other picks for Taylor. Later on I grab a guy like Henne or Flacco. I grab another OL, and I grab a 2nd/3rd rd. WR.
    I've brought up Taylor a few times with mixed results.

Some think he's too old for what we are building here in KC.

I think he's a little old for a first round pick, but he would be an awesome addition to the team.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast