Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

Default 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

What would you guys think about using both of the first round picks on the O-line?

Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

Then using the majority of the remaining picks on the defense. This would really help to solidify the o-line. Then we could Brodie 1 full season behind a good line to figure out if he is the real deal. If he isn't, we'd have another high pick next year to go get a franchise QB.

Not saying I'm in agreement with this strategy. I'm just curious what others think of this kind of strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What would you guys think about using both of the first round picks on the O-line?

Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

Then using the majority of the remaining picks on the defense. This would really help to solidify the o-line. Then we could Brodie 1 full season behind a good line to figure out if he is the real deal. If he isn't, we'd have another high pick next year to go get a franchise QB.

Not saying I'm in agreement with this strategy. I'm just curious what others think of this kind of strategy.
    I think this is an absolutely wonderful strategy that would be friggin' impossible to get Herm to do.

Now that Jared it gone we will almost definitely go for Gholston or Long if they are available.

If they are not, I just can't see Herm taking anything other than a Defensive player now with our first pick since Jared is gone.

I would seriously like us to spend 6 picks on the O line.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

With ja a vike queen now, I would go for Chris Long, drafting a # 5 the expense of signing would be more justified, imo, then go o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

I think Albert is an extremely long reach if you're looking for a LT at #5. He couldn't beat out D'Brick at Virginia to play LT and i hate fast risers in the 2 weeks leading up to the draft. I for one don't want to waste our #5 pick on a guard when we could get a serviceable guard in the 3rd round.

Now, if Dorsey or Long aren't there at #5, i hope we trade down to 8 or so and take Clady then if it's another OL you want at 17, that would be fine by me.

We obviously need two OTs. I don't want a guy like Albert who COULD play OT, but will probably end up at guard. Clady and Williams would be the dream scenario if we took two OTs with the first two picks.

I hope Chris Long is there, and I hope we take him! Time will tell what will happen! Wish I did not have to work Saturday! This will probably be the most exciting draft for the Chiefs fans, that I can rember, this many picks! I am not still very happy about losing JA, but that is over so we move on.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 04-24-2008 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    With ja a vike queen now, I would go for Chris Long, drafting a # 5 the expense of signing would be more justified, imo, then go o-line.
    If Chris Long is available we take him.

This is my official changing my opinion because I was wrong decision
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I hope Chris Long is there, and I hope we take him! Time will tell what will happen! Wish I did not have to work Saturday! This will probably be the most exciting draft for the Chiefs fans, that I can rember, this many picks! I am not still very happy about losing JA, but that is over so we move on.
    Make Howie suffer!!!!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Make Howie suffer!!!!
    How sweet that will be! Howie cheering on the Chiefs! Yes!!!! I like that.

i think the raiders will grab chris long?

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    i think the raiders will grab chris long?
    If they get the chance, yes they will.

Let's start arguing!

Last edited by hermhater; 04-24-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast