Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

Default 2 O-line picks in the 1st round.

What would you guys think about using both of the first round picks on the O-line?

Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

Then using the majority of the remaining picks on the defense. This would really help to solidify the o-line. Then we could Brodie 1 full season behind a good line to figure out if he is the real deal. If he isn't, we'd have another high pick next year to go get a franchise QB.

Not saying I'm in agreement with this strategy. I'm just curious what others think of this kind of strategy.

I don't know. They are pretty high on McFadden.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Yeah, and Al Davis will completely ignore the needs of the Raiders horrible defense, that's not surprising at all. Tell me something though, you think it could be trouble having to face a guy like McFadden twice a year?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What would you guys think about using both of the first round picks on the O-line?

Something like:
    #5 Branden Albert
    #17 Jeff Otah

Then using the majority of the remaining picks on the defense. This would really help to solidify the o-line. Then we could Brodie 1 full season behind a good line to figure out if he is the real deal. If he isn't, we'd have another high pick next year to go get a franchise QB.

Not saying I'm in agreement with this strategy. I'm just curious what others think of this kind of strategy.
    Most of you know how big I am about the offensive line, and if we were (fat chance) to take o-line with the first two picks, I would prefer it to be

#5 - Clady (Rather trade down)

#17 Cherilus or, even better... #36 Albert

Otah looks stiff in both game footage, and at the combine. It may be nothing, but it worries me.

However, if I were in the drivers seat at draft time, I would have to take DE Chris Long, or DT Glenn Dorsey if I were unable to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think Albert is an extremely long reach if you're looking for a LT at #5. He couldn't beat out D'Brick at Virginia to play LT and i hate fast risers in the 2 weeks leading up to the draft. I for one don't want to waste our #5 pick on a guard when we could get a serviceable guard in the 3rd round.

Clady and Williams would be the dream scenario if we took two OTs with the first two picks.
    Normally I would blast that kind of comment, but I definitely agree that Albert would be a tremendous reach at #5. Two months ago, Albert was being projected to the early/middle second round. Did he have an awesome season since then?

I would be O.K. if we got him in the second round.

I do like the Clady/Williams choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    i think the raiders will grab chris long?
    Rams.

Fancy meeting you here!

The O-line picks would be good.

I doubt C. Long will fall as far as #5. It would be great if he did, because he would definately be a good pick and a POSSIBLE replacement for JA.

I still havent got anyone to respond to my senario, that I think would be ideal. Here goes again.... If Matt Ryan is still available at #5. Dangle that pick in front of the Ravens. I think they would truely bite, because their QB is worse than ours. We get their pick (7th i think) and possibly a 3rd or early 4th pick. Then we pick with #7 an O-line. The guys we are talking about will probably still be available at 7 and we dont have to pay them near as much as a 5th round pick.

I think the Ravens are at #8, but doesn't change the results of previous post.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think Albert is an extremely long reach if you're looking for a LT at #5. He couldn't beat out D'Brick at Virginia to play LT and i hate fast risers in the 2 weeks leading up to the draft. I for one don't want to waste our #5 pick on a guard when we could get a serviceable guard in the 3rd round.

Now, if Dorsey or Long aren't there at #5, i hope we trade down to 8 or so and take Clady then if it's another OL you want at 17, that would be fine by me.

We obviously need two OTs. I don't want a guy like Albert who COULD play OT, but will probably end up at guard. Clady and Williams would be the dream scenario if we took two OTs with the first two picks.
    I think Clady is just as big a reach as Albert. At this point I'm hoping we trade down or take Dorsey because C. Long won't be there at #5.

Do we have any DT's that could possibly convert to end? McBride or Tyler and then take Dorsey to replace that spot?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Do we have any DT's that could possibly convert to end? McBride or Tyler and then take Dorsey to replace that spot?
    Why don't you try out?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

The Tank is a true DT...he, Hali and Dorsey would be horrific for opposing O-lines. If anyone could slide to end it would have to be Turk. Some say he's too slow to play end while others say he's too small to play DT...so who knows.

We don't need to move anyone to end, we are gonna get Jason Taylor from the Dolphins if we are smart.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast