Thread: Matt Ryan...

Default Matt Ryan...

....will probably be the pick at 6 or 7. Look for the Chiefs to trade down with either the Jets or Pats who will be looking to take Gholston. It's believed that the Chiefs will trade up to take a LT at the 11 spot from the Bills with the 17th pick and possibly a CB or another OL with their 2nd round pick.

I'm on the fence about this personally. It could set us up offensively and we could possibly wait to fill that DE spot in next years draft with a first rounder...who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ....will probably be the pick at 6 or 7. Look for the Chiefs to trade down with either the Jets or Pats who will be looking to take Gholston. It's believed that the Chiefs will trade up to take a LT at the 11 spot from the Bills with the 17th pick and possibly a CB or another OL with their 2nd round pick.

I'm on the fence about this personally. It could set us up offensively and we could possibly wait to fill that DE spot in next years draft with a first rounder...who knows.
    I too believe there will be some trades made. I do not think that Peterson or Edwards want to take a QB this year.

The way I see it Edwards and Queen Carl will give Croyle another shot this year, next year they will draft a QB if he does not step up to take charge of the team.

Right now, I personally think this is the best course of action. I still maintain that no one knows how good Croyle is going to be.

I wonder what it is like being a star player in college and sitting through this draft. I wonder if it is like waiting to be selected for the pickup game on the school yard... Sucks to be picked last.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

sounds like Long will go 2, Ryan at 3 and Dmac at 4. If that's the case, we're staying put at 5 and taking Dorsey or trading down to the Saints.

Cool Oh here we go to?

Why wait on a QB? We have a high draft now! If Ryan is left take him. Everybody knows it takes at least 2 years plus to develop a QB. If we trade down our pick that sets the tone where we are going in this years draft. Herm recently stated he would like 15 draft picks. Talk about a rebuild year. Yikes. :director: I hope Herm is ready for this. A pivotal point in his career depends on this draft-me thinks.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    sounds like Long will go 2, Ryan at 3 and Dmac at 4. If that's the case, we're staying put at 5 and taking Dorsey or trading down to the Saints.
    Thought you said that this would never happen. I proposed this exact scenario yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Why wait on a QB? We have a high draft now! If Ryan is left take him. Everybody knows it takes at least 2 years plus to develop a QB. If we trade down our pick that sets the tone where we are going in this years draft. Herm recently stated he would like 15 draft picks. Talk about a rebuild year. Yikes. :director: I hope Herm is ready for this. A pivotal point in his career depends on this draft-me thinks.
    You wait for two reasons:

1. We have so many other holes that need to be filled. We have to have an offensive line no matter who you decide will be quarterback. Bringing in Ryan now without addressing a protection for him would be a huge issue for any young quarterback. We simply cannot put a new QB behind a swiss cheese offensive line. If we drafted Ryan this year, we would be calling for him to be replaced on one or two years because we did not address the bigger issue we have here.

2. Elluded to above, we have too many holes right now for us to not address more immediate needs. Cornerback, Offensive Line, and now Defensive End to name a few. We need to get some good players in those positions.

The discussion of selecting Matt Ryan is a moot discussion, he is off the list now.

Yep. My dream went bye bye (Ryan)We got a good pick. Watch-we will trade em. I hope not!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    So, Croyle has played one year. How about allowing him the second year that you refer to?

No Ryan for us.

I am stoked about our picks.

Herm!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png