Thread: Nice Draft!

Default Nice Draft!

Congrats, KC did well with the picks the Vikings traded to them.

Dorsey, IMO, will be a top 5 DT as a rookie.
    Albert should start right away
    Flowers might challenge for a starting CB role
    Charles should be a good change of pace from LJ as a backup
    Cottam was the best TE in the draft, IMO, and should be a good replacement for Gonzo if he's not around.
    Morgan is a little rough around the edges but has huge upside. Should be a good Special Teams contributor this year and possibly a starter in the future.
    Franklin, Physically gifted but has a learning disability,poor route running and isn't agressive enough when a catch is challenged. Still, his prototypical build, speed and decent hands make him a solid pick in round 4.

looking at the rest of the draft it looks like they picked up the player with the best physical makeups for their positions that were availible. They will all need extensive coaching and technique work but all have prototyipcal measurables and you can't teach that.

Nice recap mcrow!

I think we got a bunch of really good athletes in this draft.

Let's hope Herm has the Coaches in place to utilize this talent!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
    Congrats, KC did well with the picks the Vikings traded to them.

Dorsey, IMO, will be a top 5 DT as a rookie.

He's gonna need to be.

Albert should start right away

WILL start right away.

Flowers might challenge for a starting CB role

What? WILL start right away.

Charles should be a good change of pace from LJ as a backup

Yes.

Cottam was the best TE in the draft, IMO, and should be a good replacement for Gonzo if he's not around.

We'll disagree on best TE but I'm glad we got him. He needs to work on blocking.

Morgan is a little rough around the edges but has huge upside. Should be a good Special Teams contributor this year and possibly a starter in the future.
    Franklin, Physically gifted but has a learning disability,poor route running and isn't agressive enough when a catch is challenged. Still, his prototypical build, speed and decent hands make him a solid pick in round 4.

I like his speed for his size and I'm a Mizzou homer but I've seen him drop some passes he should catch. My fear is if he does that with us, he won't be on the roster for long.

looking at the rest of the draft it looks like they picked up the player with the best physical makeups for their positions that were availible. They will all need extensive coaching and technique work but all have prototyipcal measurables and you can't teach that.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Nice recap mcrow!

I think we got a bunch of really good athletes in this draft.

Let's hope Herm has the Coaches in place to utilize this talent!
    Yeah, they drafted as well as possible so now it's up to the coaches to coach.

I think your top 4 picks could be plugged directly in an do well because they are all complete, polished players.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I only said "might" with Flowers because his position is very difficult for rookies to do well at. Talentwise, he's good enough to be your starter but we'll have to see how he adjusts to the pro game.

I only said "might" with Flowers because his position is very difficult for rookies to do well at. Talentwise, he's good enough to be your starter but we'll have to see how he adjusts to the pro game.
    Who would you suggest start before Flowers on our current squad? IMO, he TAKES Law's spot. I do agree that he will need adjustment to the pro game but you could say that with any position.
    Last edited by royalswin100games; 04-28-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: agreeing with a point

Who would you suggest start before Flowers on our current squad? IMO, he TAKES Law's spot.
    Yup, he'll probably start.

Yup, he'll probably start.
    I'm not trying to be negative(or be an ***) with all my replies but I just don't see an alternative. It would be great if we had an Asante Samuel on the team to give him time to adjust to the pro game but unfortunately, we don't.

I'm not trying to be negative(or be an ***) with all my replies but I just don't see an alternative. It would be great if we had an Asante Samuel on the team to give him time to adjust to the pro game but unfortunately, we don't.

Ok, barring injury, falling flat on his face, or the Chiefs signing a FA he will be the start. Hows that? geez.