Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY!! LJ on the block!!

Default FINALLY!! LJ on the block!!

NFL Network reported on tuesday evening that the Chiefs are shopping LJ...but for real. Apparently the strongest suiters are Cleveland, Tennessee, Buffalo, and Green Bay.

I'm sorry, Carl did a good job getting this guy and he's been huge the past two seasons, but this would be outstanding for K.C.!! With the possibility of trading Trent Green, Greg Wesley, and Dante Hall also, we could see a draft anywhere between 10 and 14 players in all trades are made. We may also see more than one first round draft pick, which would be a novel idea considering the Broncos seem to have two first rounders every damn year!!

With 5 starters coming from last year's draft and a best case scenario of double digit players in this year's draft, we could be looking at 8-10 new starters for the '07 season out of just the last 2 years. After letting all these young players play or a season, we go into the '08 draft and pull out another starter or two and we could be looking at a VERY promising 2008 season.

I've said it before, this is the year to build through the draft. we can't afford to let our young studs grow older and older before we become legit.

The Chiefs have a GREAT opportunity here. Let's just pray that Herm and his staff is calling the shots and not Carl's.

This does seem to be more and more like a distinct possibility; now that the buzz around the media is that this is not just a rumor anymore.

The Chiefs may need to re-think their approach to the draft now. With Shields and Terry gone a trade of LJ to Buffalo looks solid:

TRADE #1
    K.C. to N.O.: (If the trade for RFA CB Jason David/Colts is matched)
    Pick #1st/23 and #6th/196

N.O. to K.C.: Picks #1st/27, #4th/125 and #4th/126

TRADE #2
    K.C. to Miami: QB Trent Green and pick #4th/126
    Miami to K.C.: Picks #2nd/60 and #6th/181

TRADE #3
    K.C. to Detroit: DE Jared Allen
    Detroit to K.C.: Pick #5th/139 and a conditional 2008 2nd: If Allen is suspended this pick falls to a 3rd round.

TRADE #4
    K.C. to Detroit: DT Ryan Sims
    Detroit to K.C.: Pick #5th/158

TRADE #5
    K.C. to Buffalo: RB Larry Johnson and pick #5th/160
    Buffalo to K.C.: Picks #1st/12 and #3rd/74 along with a 2008 3rd (Buffalo's own pick or the Ravens' pick acquired in the trade for McGehee, which ever is highest)

Here would be the Chiefs draft seletion order and picks...

1st/12 OT Joe Staley

1st/27 RG Justin Blalock

2nd/54 RB Brian Leonard

2nd/60 DE Tim Crowder

3rd/74 RB Tony Hunt

3rd/84 SS Sabby Piscitelli or (BA CB)

4th/125 DE Brian Robison

5th/139 OT Jacob Bender

5th/158 DT Jay Alford

6th/181 FB Cory Anderson

7th/231 DE Xzavie Jackson

UDFA

FS Craig Dahl
    WR Roy Hall
    DT Louis Leonard
    DE Jacob Ford
    RB Thomas Clayton
    OT Elliott Vallejo

CHRIS TERRY IS IN HOT WATER
    FOX 5 in Atlanta reports that Chiefs offensive lineman Chris Terry failed to show up for an April 20 hearing in connection with recent assault allegations, and a judge has issued a warrant for his arrest.
    "He just knocked here in my face," says Foronda Stodgehill. She alleges that Terry hit her with a fistful of cash, and that he then came back and poured a bottle of beer over her head.
    Terry's lawyer claims that his client has been out of town, and efforts had been made to postpone the hearing. But given the recent publicity generated by the suspensions of Pacman and Pukeman, and in light of the Commish's new get-tough Personal Conduct Policy, it was beyond idiotic for Terry not to get his butt to the courtroom. And for his lawyer not to explain to him the dire importance of showing up.
    Brace yourself, Chris -- given your history, the decision to diss a judge could be enough to result in a one-year ban.
    Last edited by Cisco Kid; 04-25-2007 at 05:03 AM.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

if half of these so-called trades goes down we would have gotten young fast. the trouble is to many rookies willbe starting. i guess the faiders need company in the seller of the west. "rebulding" ususally doesnt happen anymore in the nfl. rebuilding dosnt sell tickets and the bottom line is it is a busness. its hard to justify raising ticket prices every year for a losing team. this maybe a sad year, seen these lean times before,70`s,80`s,but born a chief fan, die a chief fan. just wont like it.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i just wish hermmie knew how to run a offense.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I perfer reloading to rebuilding, however, it is the NFL we're talking about.

[QUOTE=Cisco Kid;7065]
    The Chiefs may need to re-think their approach to the draft now. With Shields and Terry gone a trade of LJ to Buffalo looks solid:

TRADE #1
    K.C. to N.O.: (If the trade for RFA CB Jason David/Colts is matched)
    Pick #1st/23 and #6th/196

N.O. to K.C.: Picks #1st/27, #4th/125 and #4th/126

TRADE #2
    K.C. to Miami: QB Trent Green and pick #4th/126
    Miami to K.C.: Picks #2nd/60 and #6th/181

TRADE #3
    K.C. to Detroit: DE Jared Allen
    Detroit to K.C.: Pick #5th/139 and a conditional 2008 2nd: If Allen is suspended this pick falls to a 3rd round.

TRADE #4
    K.C. to Detroit: DT Ryan Sims
    Detroit to K.C.: Pick #5th/158

TRADE #5
    K.C. to Buffalo: RB Larry Johnson and pick #5th/160
    Buffalo to K.C.: Picks #1st/12 and #3rd/74 along with a 2008 3rd (Buffalo's own pick or the Ravens' pick acquired in the trade for McGehee, which ever is highest)

Here would be the Chiefs draft seletion order and picks...

1st/12 OT Joe Staley

1st/27 RG Justin Blalock

2nd/54 RB Brian Leonard

2nd/60 DE Tim Crowder

3rd/74 RB Tony Hunt

3rd/84 SS Sabby Piscitelli or (BA CB)

4th/125 DE Brian Robison

5th/139 OT Jacob Bender

5th/158 DT Jay Alford

6th/181 FB Cory Anderson

7th/231 DE Xzavie Jackson

UDFA

FS Craig Dahl
    WR Roy Hall
    DT Louis Leonard
    DE Jacob Ford
    RB Thomas Clayton
    OT Elliott Vallejo

CHRIS TERRY IS IN HOT WATER
    FOX 5 in Atlanta reports that Chiefs offensive lineman Chris Terry failed to show up for an April 20 hearing in connection with recent assault allegations, and a judge has issued a warrant for his arrest.
    "He just knocked here in my face," says Foronda Stodgehill. She alleges that Terry hit her with a fistful of cash, and that he then came back and poured a bottle of beer over her head.
    Terry's lawyer claims that his client has been out of town, and efforts had been made to postpone the hearing. But given the recent publicity generated by the suspensions of Pacman and Pukeman, and in light of the Commish's new get-tough Personal Conduct Policy, it was beyond idiotic for Terry not to get his butt to the courtroom. And for his lawyer not to explain to him the dire importance of showing up.
    Brace yourself, Chris -- given your history, the decision to diss a judge could be enough to result in a one-year ban.
    [/

I like the trades and everything but in your mock draft you didnt have any Wide Receivers. come on, with all those picks we must pick up at least 2

Packers are making an offer for Larry Johnson, but I have no idea what they are offering.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&...%2f638963.html

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i just wish hermmie knew how to run a offense.

Me too, wolfpack, I am not sure he knows how to spell it, (grin)

:joker: :smilies_sport15: :character00257:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Sure he does: R - U - N - L - J.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast