Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Latest on Jake Long

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Latest on Jake Long


    0 Not allowed!
    Reports: Dolphins in serious negotiations with Jake Long






    It's looking more likely that the Miami Dolphins will select Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long with the top overall selection in Saturday's NFL draft.

    NFL Draft Central

    The NFL draft is April 26 and 27 on ESPN, starting at 3 p.m. ET. For updated coverage, bookmark our Draft Central page. Index



    According to several reports, the Dolphins are in serious negotiations with Long and the Palm Beach Post reported Tuesday that an announcement on an agreement could be just days away.
    A source told the Post that "there's a very good chance" Long will sign with Miami before the draft begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday.
    Despite speculation that Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells really plans to select Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston or Virginia defensive end Chris Long, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith that since the Dolphins opened negotiations with Jake Long they were talking to him exclusively.
    Long, a 6-foot-7, 313-pound senior who moved to left tackle in 2006 and started his final 26 games, was an All-America selection and Big Ten lineman of the year in each of his last two seasons.
    Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Reports: Dolphins in serious negotiations with Jake Long






    It's looking more likely that the Miami Dolphins will select Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long with the top overall selection in Saturday's NFL draft.

    NFL Draft Central

    The NFL draft is April 26 and 27 on ESPN, starting at 3 p.m. ET. For updated coverage, bookmark our Draft Central page. Index



    According to several reports, the Dolphins are in serious negotiations with Long and the Palm Beach Post reported Tuesday that an announcement on an agreement could be just days away.
    A source told the Post that "there's a very good chance" Long will sign with Miami before the draft begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday.
    Despite speculation that Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells really plans to select Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston or Virginia defensive end Chris Long, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith that since the Dolphins opened negotiations with Jake Long they were talking to him exclusively.
    Long, a 6-foot-7, 313-pound senior who moved to left tackle in 2006 and started his final 26 games, was an All-America selection and Big Ten lineman of the year in each of his last two seasons.
    Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year.
    Not by most. I thought they were happy with their o-line from last season.

    I think that that would be the best thing for them to do, but I don't want them to.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I have heard that the Dolphins will announce the signing of the number one pick today in just 15 minutes.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I have heard that the Dolphins will announce the signing of the number one pick today in just 15 minutes.
    What time did you post this? I am an hour ahead here so they announced it like45 minutes ago. I will go see what I can find!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What time did you post this? I am an hour ahead here so they announced it like45 minutes ago. I will go see what I can find!!
    They just signed Jake Long to a 5 year 57.5 million dollar contract with $30 million guaranteed.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    They just signed Jake Long to a 5 year 57.5 million dollar contract with $30 million guaranteed.
    Thats old news, I heard that like an hour ago!! :p
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Thats old news, I heard that like an hour ago!! :p
    Well you should have told me.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Killer City, KS
    Posts
    1,497
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    the dolphins needed jake long more than we did anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well you should have told me.
    I posted it at about 1:00 here, you should be getting it soon
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    They just signed Jake Long to a 5 year 57.5 million dollar contract with $30 million guaranteed.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •