Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest on Jake Long

Default Latest on Jake Long

Reports: Dolphins in serious negotiations with Jake Long

It's looking more likely that the Miami Dolphins will select Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long with the top overall selection in Saturday's NFL draft.

NFL Draft Central

The NFL draft is April 26 and 27 on ESPN, starting at 3 p.m. ET. For updated coverage, bookmark our Draft Central page. Index

According to several reports, the Dolphins are in serious negotiations with Long and the Palm Beach Post reported Tuesday that an announcement on an agreement could be just days away.
    A source told the Post that "there's a very good chance" Long will sign with Miami before the draft begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday.
    Despite speculation that Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells really plans to select Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston or Virginia defensive end Chris Long, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith that since the Dolphins opened negotiations with Jake Long they were talking to him exclusively.
    Long, a 6-foot-7, 313-pound senior who moved to left tackle in 2006 and started his final 26 games, was an All-America selection and Big Ten lineman of the year in each of his last two seasons.
    Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Reports: Dolphins in serious negotiations with Jake Long

It's looking more likely that the Miami Dolphins will select Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long with the top overall selection in Saturday's NFL draft.

NFL Draft Central

The NFL draft is April 26 and 27 on ESPN, starting at 3 p.m. ET. For updated coverage, bookmark our Draft Central page. Index

According to several reports, the Dolphins are in serious negotiations with Long and the Palm Beach Post reported Tuesday that an announcement on an agreement could be just days away.
    A source told the Post that "there's a very good chance" Long will sign with Miami before the draft begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday.
    Despite speculation that Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells really plans to select Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston or Virginia defensive end Chris Long, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith that since the Dolphins opened negotiations with Jake Long they were talking to him exclusively.
    Long, a 6-foot-7, 313-pound senior who moved to left tackle in 2006 and started his final 26 games, was an All-America selection and Big Ten lineman of the year in each of his last two seasons.
    Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year.
    Not by most. I thought they were happy with their o-line from last season.

I think that that would be the best thing for them to do, but I don't want them to.

I have heard that the Dolphins will announce the signing of the number one pick today in just 15 minutes.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I have heard that the Dolphins will announce the signing of the number one pick today in just 15 minutes.
    What time did you post this? I am an hour ahead here so they announced it like45 minutes ago. I will go see what I can find!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What time did you post this? I am an hour ahead here so they announced it like45 minutes ago. I will go see what I can find!!
    They just signed Jake Long to a 5 year 57.5 million dollar contract with $30 million guaranteed.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

They just signed Jake Long to a 5 year 57.5 million dollar contract with $30 million guaranteed.
    Thats old news, I heard that like an hour ago!! :p
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Thats old news, I heard that like an hour ago!! :p
    Well you should have told me.

the dolphins needed jake long more than we did anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well you should have told me.
    I posted it at about 1:00 here, you should be getting it soon

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast