Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dante Hall Traded

Default Dante Hall Traded

Updated: April 25, 2007, 12:08 PM ET
    Rams deal fifth-round pick for Hall

ESPN.com news services

Dante Hall has a new NFL home.

Hall

The St. Louis Rams traded a fifth-round pick in this weekend's NFL draft to the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday to acquire one of the NFL's most dynamic kick returners.
    "We have filled a need with one of the top players in football at his specialty, returning punts and kicks," Rams coach Scott Linehan said. "Dante will fit in nicely on our special teams and can be utilized as a receiver in certain situations."
    Hall has 12 career kick-return touchdowns, one behind Eric Metcalf for second all-time. Brian Mitchell holds the NFL record for kick-return TDs with 14. Hall had one kick-return touchdown in 2006.
    Last season, Hall returned 53 kickoffs for a 22.8-yard average and 27 punts for an 8.9-yard average. He also had 26 receptions for two touchdowns.

adsonar_placementId=1277351;adsonar_pid=580757;ads onar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=420;adsonar_zh=150;adsonar_jv='ads.es pn.adsonar.com';
    :character00112:

I'm happy picking up a 5th rounder and swapping thirds
    Dante Hall is not worth that anymore.
    this could open the doors to get Aaron Ross to be the kick returner.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan27 View Post

Just as long as we get someone who will advance a punt/kick-off return forward instead of backwards.

The year that he had 4 returns for TD's, no one complained. I think it is the hardest spot on the team to be stand out year after year after year. Ganz said one year his job was exciting because with the exception of just one or two people, he had no clue who would be on special teams any given year. It was always the stand outs and the 3rd / 4th string position players.

Dante still has it. Herm didn't field a team w/ special teams in mind. You couple that with is obvious "the ball can only go one way" attitude, and Hall never had a chance with him.

Given all that, it's a good move for the Rams - they will let him run his style, good move for Hall - he'll return a couple this year, good move for the Chiefs - he was like an expensive sports car that Herm wouldn't let out of the garage.

It's enough to make me go to a Rams game this year. I'll be the guy with the sign that reads:

Always a Chiefs fan - still a Hall fan.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    The year that he had 4 returns for TD's, no one complained. I think it is the hardest spot on the team to be stand out year after year after year. Ganz said one year his job was exciting because with the exception of just one or two people, he had no clue who would be on special teams any given year. It was always the stand outs and the 3rd / 4th string position players.

Dante still has it. Herm didn't field a team w/ special teams in mind. You couple that with is obvious "the ball can only go one way" attitude, and Hall never had a chance with him.

Given all that, it's a good move for the Rams - they will let him run his style, good move for Hall - he'll return a couple this year, good move for the Chiefs - he was like an expensive sports car that Herm wouldn't let out of the garage.

It's enough to make me go to a Rams game this year. I'll be the guy with the sign that reads:

I have nothing against Hall personally. My problem with him is that ever since he got lucky in that home Denver game a couple of years ago he thought that dancing around and running backwards was then somehow the way in which to return all kicks. I can't tell you how frustrated I got with him the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post

I am behind you, all the way, here. But, at least we don't have to worry about scoring, on special teams, just like on offense. Our special teams and offense are now on the field for the purpose of giving our defense room to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan27 View Post
    Yeah, I always like to get nothing, in trade, for one of the best players, at his position, in the NFL. Maybe we should go ahead ans accept the seventh rounder, for Trent Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Just as long as we get someone who will advance a punt/kick-off return forward instead of backwards.
    Yeah, we don't want to take any chance, on special teams. (We wouldn't want to actually score, or anything.)

Herm? What have you done with Chiefster?You better let him go! I like his posts, on here.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah, we don't want to take any chance, on special teams. (We wouldn't want to actually score, or anything.)

Herm? What have you done with Chiefster?You better let him go! I like his posts, on here.

LOL!! ROFL!

Edit:
    (Yeah, we wouldn't want to give the offense positive field position or anything.)
    Last edited by Chiefster; 04-26-2007 at 09:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast