Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For Once Rand and I Agree

Default For Once Rand and I Agree

I have a hard time with Jonathan Rand, he is usually writing without any criticism of Edwards, even when criticism screams to called out.

THis time however, he clearly got it right with me.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05...a_quarterback/

Why not a quarterback? Rand echos the same thing many of us on this forum have been saying for a while now.

I will be the first to tell you that this season it is do or die for Croyle. I am willing to give the kid a shot, if we can get him some protection, which it seems we are starting to do, then I want to give the kid a full season to go out there and lead the team.

Rand also mentions unimaginitive play calling. Looks like he is reading Chiefs Crowd for his material. This year I would really like to see us take some chances on offense, let's test this kids arm once in a while, take some chances on first down, you know the drill.

Bottom line, I am pleased to give Rand five stars for once.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am crossing my fingers and hoping that it is Chan calling the plays this season and not Mart....Herm!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    "In seven of the eight seasons that Gailey was either a coordinator or head coach in the NFL, he had a player attain the 1,000-yard rushing mark each time, including Jerome Bettis of the Steelers and Emmitt Smith of the Cowboys.
    Before joining the Cowboys in 1998, Gailey spent the previous four seasons (1994-97) with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including each of the last two as offensive coordinator. His first two years there were spent tutoring the club's wide receivers. In his four seasons with the Steelers, the team won the AFC Central Division crown each time, appeared in the AFC Championship Game on three occasions and reached the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh finished second in the NFL in rushing offense in 1996, averaging 143.7 yards per game. In Gailey's final season with the Steelers, he presided over the league's top-ranked rushing team, averaging 154.9 yards per contest.
    The NFL team with which Gailey coached reached postseason play each of his last eight years in the league, and 11 of his 14 seasons overall." I'm with you on that one Canada!

Kick ***!

We are gonna make the playoffs!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Brodie is the man! I don't care what anyone says he is the man for the job! There isn't a QB in the league that would have donemuch better given the pressure he took and no running game

Let's hope they do get more creative w/ the play calling because I believe they drafted 2 guys w/ 4.3+ speed this year in Jamaal Charles and Will Franklin... Screens for charles... and Lets let Brodie use his arm and Franklin use that 4.37 (i think) speed to stretch the field....or let Franklin/Charles run some reverses...

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    Let's hope they do get more creative w/ the play calling because I believe they drafted 2 guys w/ 4.3+ speed this year in Jamaal Charles and Will Franklin... Screens for charles... and Lets let Brodie use his arm and Franklin use that 4.37 (i think) speed to stretch the field....or let Franklin/Charles run some reverses...
    that would be great, but I would be a lot happier if we got to watch LJ an DBowe kickin ***!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Brodie CRoyle doesn't deserve to be our starting quarterback for the 2008 seaosn.What makes certain people believe that a quarterback the registered a 0-6 season can bounce back and lead his team toward success during the next season.He'll lose his job after the fifth week of the season to Damon.Or he'll actually get hit hard and suffer the consequences because he is definitely injury proned and can't take hits.Sorry Brodie CRoyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Brodie CRoyle doesn't deserve to be our starting quarterback for the 2008 seaosn.What makes certain people believe that a quarterback the registered a 0-6 season can bounce back and lead his team toward success during the next season.He'll lose his job after the fifth week of the season to Damon.Or he'll actually get hit hard and suffer the consequences because he is definitely injury proned and can't take hits.Sorry Brodie CRoyle.
    What makes you so certain that he can't? All most people are sayign is give the guy a realitic chance. LJ didn't win a lot of games for us last year, but he is still the RB. Your thought process would have had Peyton Manning out of the league after his first year!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Croyle also did not have a line to protect him. He is beefing up too, from 180 to 210. I think he will be doing a great job, he has a rocket arm and very good accuracy. He steps out of the pocket and with a new line to protect him, he will be great.

You must be an elvis fan..... he would have been nothing without Gannon..... in fact he lost our playoffs for us, after gannon got him there.

What makes you so certain that he can't? All most people are sayign is give the guy a realitic chance. LJ didn't win a lot of games for us last year, but he is still the RB. Your thought process would have had Peyton Manning out of the league after his first year!!
    I agree, the decision about Brodie can be made after next season... His decision making was questionable because when you're 190 lbs and constantly running for your life in the NFL, everyone would be prone to make bad decisions...

He hasn't shown us much but give him a chance behind a decent line and we'll go from there...

Good point about Peyton...he was 3-13 his first year..
    I'm not saying Brodie is P Manning but if a qb of that stature can suck it up his first year starting then Brodie also deserves some time...

For real!!! Since when does a QB need anything else to win games?

I doubt that he will ever get that chance now, as we don't have OTs. Even if Albert can make a successful transition to NFL OT, the likelihood is that Croyle will be injured long before Albert can get comfortable there.

Even if Croyle is the second-coming of Peyton Manning, he probably had his fate sealed during the third round of the draft, when Herm imposed his QB hatred on him, by passing on the oportunity to protect him...yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    For real!!! Since when does a QB need anything else to win games?

If you didn't just respond to timsatt, then it is his even stupider twin!

I doubt that he will ever get that chance now, as we don't have OTs. Even if Albert can make a successful transition to NFL OT, the likelihood is that Croyle will be injured long before Albert can get comfortable there.

Even if Croyle is the second-coming of Peyton Manning, he probably had his fate sealed during the third round of the draft, when Herm imposed his QB hatred on him, by passing on the oportunity to protect him...yet again.
    I'm pissed about not taking more linemen as well, I hope that Charles guy can jump over the D line as he probably won't have any holes to run through.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast