Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Draft Day Thread***

Default ***Official Draft Day Thread***

Post your comments, opinions, and concerns about the Draft Day picks here! I look forward to updates as I will be working.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Smile

We got off to a good start with Dwaqyne Bowe, I am not sure about Turk
    Mcbride, but Demarcus Tyler is a solid pick, I am very interested in how management is going to pick in the next rounds, who knows what other surprises we might have, could be good, the only thing I have to say before goodnight is "GO CHIEFS!!!"

:1374: :Banane36: :violent-smiley-038:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think i would have picked a CB in the 3rd. after law and surtan basically we have nothing. the first two picks were great. sure hope also we pick up some o-line help.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I actually forgot that Allen will be sitting out the entire first quarter of the season; hence the reason for Turk.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You guys are a bunch of pessimists. We've had three picks and you've already given up on this draft. We got what most believe to be the 2nd best WR in the entire draft with the 23rd pick. We got defensive help in the 2nd round. McBride was a 1st team defensive player in the SEC. The 3rd round we got more d-line help. Tyler was being touted as the 3rd best DT in the draft.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10082534

I think the draft is going pretty well.
    :kali:

LOL!!

...Defensive mechanism. :yes:

You raise good points; I would have liked to have seen us get the offensive line beef first, but then the best wide receiver left on the board wouldn't be there for the second round. I have no problem with Tyler as long as he keeps his saliva to himself.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 04-29-2007 at 05:29 AM.

O.k., can someone tell me where Mcbride is supposed to play? What position? The man is listed at 276 lbs. Play him at DT and he will get thrown around, like a high school kid. He doen't have any pass-rushing skills, so DE is innapropriate. He's too slow to play antwhere else, so what is this guys purpose?

This is exactly my point. When your best receiver isn't a WR at all, that should tell you something.
    What is that supposed to tell me? The tandem of Gonzales and Kennison has been one of the best, in the league.

Do you think that Bowe is going to be a better reciever than Gonzales? I can't name five WRs, in the NFL, who are better recievers than Tony. We had an offense that ranked in the top five, in passing yards, for four of the past five years.

I don't get why everyone thinks that Gonzales should be getting the ball, less often, than what he does. If you are wanting more catches, from your WRs, then you must be wanting to take away throws to the TE. There are only so many passing plays that a team will run, over the course of a game. So, if you want a real number one WR, then you want to throw the ball to Tony Gonzales, less often. That is insane. Tony has proven himself, as one of the best recievers in the game. Why not allow him to play?

Who is the big-name WR in San Diego? You don't need a WR to lead the league in receptions, when you have someone else doing that.

Esentially, what we drafted, in the first round, is someone who we expect to take receptions from Tony Gonzales. This won't happen, until Tony gets injured, or retires. While he might be listed as a nuber one WR, Bowe will be a number two reciever.

Not to mention, Eddie Kennison is agreat WR, who Dewayne Bowe will be lucky to play as well as. Eddie has taken alot of flack, for not being the best reciever, on the team. Thoughts, like yours, Coach, "When your best reciever isn't a wideout, at all, that should tell you something." When you use the talent and success, of Gonzales, against Eddie Kennison, he is bound to look like a loser. But, watch Eddie play the game. He makes amazing catches, along with the routine ones. He rarely drops a pass. He runs terrific routes. He has great speed. What more do you want from the guy?

I know, you want him to be a better reciever than Tony Gonzales. Good luck, with that.

Why use the 23rd, overall pick, on a number two reciever? When your O-line has lost, both, Willie Roaf,( HOFer) and Will Shields (HOFer)? And, after three rounds, we still haven't adressed that situation.

I am, at least, pleased with our third round selection.

You guys are a bunch of pessimists. We've had three picks and you've already given up on this draft. We got what most believe to be the 2nd best WR in the entire draft with the 23rd pick. We got defensive help in the 2nd round. McBride was a 1st team defensive player in the SEC. The 3rd round we got more d-line help. Tyler was being touted as the 3rd best DT in the draft.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10082534

I think the draft is going pretty well.
    :kali:
    Yeah, maybe we got some talented guys.(Even if Mcbride is too small to play in the NFL) But we failed to address the biggest hole on our roster. Not failed, that wound suggest that there was some kind of an attempt, refused, is more like it.

wow...it shocked me... and u guys picked Boyle?
    :character00112:

Quote Originally Posted by timbok View Post
    wow...it shocked me... and u guys picked Boyle?
    You do mean...Bowe, right?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast