Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Draft Day Thread***

Default ***Official Draft Day Thread***

Post your comments, opinions, and concerns about the Draft Day picks here! I look forward to updates as I will be working.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    What is that supposed to tell me? The tandem of Gonzales and Kennison has been one of the best, in the league.

Do you think that Bowe is going to be a better reciever than Gonzales? I can't name five WRs, in the NFL, who are better recievers than Tony. We had an offense that ranked in the top five, in passing yards, for four of the past five years.

I don't get why everyone thinks that Gonzales should be getting the ball, less often, than what he does. If you are wanting more catches, from your WRs, then you must be wanting to take away throws to the TE. There are only so many passing plays that a team will run, over the course of a game. So, if you want a real number one WR, then you want to throw the ball to Tony Gonzales, less often. That is insane. Tony has proven himself, as one of the best recievers in the game. Why not allow him to play?

Who is the big-name WR in San Diego? You don't need a WR to lead the league in receptions, when you have someone else doing that.

Esentially, what we drafted, in the first round, is someone who we expect to take receptions from Tony Gonzales. This won't happen, until Tony gets injured, or retires. While he might be listed as a nuber one WR, Bowe will be a number two reciever.

Not to mention, Eddie Kennison is agreat WR, who Dewayne Bowe will be lucky to play as well as. Eddie has taken alot of flack, for not being the best reciever, on the team. Thoughts, like yours, Coach, "When your best reciever isn't a wideout, at all, that should tell you something." When you use the talent and success, of Gonzales, against Eddie Kennison, he is bound to look like a loser. But, watch Eddie play the game. He makes amazing catches, along with the routine ones. He rarely drops a pass. He runs terrific routes. He has great speed. What more do you want from the guy?

I know, you want him to be a better reciever than Tony Gonzales. Good luck, with that.

Why use the 23rd, overall pick, on a number two reciever? When your O-line has lost, both, Willie Roaf,( HOFer) and Will Shields (HOFer)? And, after three rounds, we still haven't adressed that situation.
    This is the problem I had with the first choice as well.

You do mean...Bowe, right?

I'm guessing that's what he means.

I am the only one who has sat on watch the chiefs draft for so many years hoping they will trade up and do something and they never do. I dont think thats always the answer, But if we could have jumped up and gotten Leon Hall that would have been huge. I really would like to know what Carl plans to do with our O-Line. Is anyone watching Carl's interview on here- I think I might hate listening to him talk he drives me crazy. "If the season starts today he is our starting QB" so your genius plan is to have 3 qb we are too lean in other places to do that. I understand having a poker face, but he must think the other GM's out there are idiots if thats the plan

We got a kicker........What the !@#$?
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

We got a kicker........What the !@#$?
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

we have 2 old-timers for CB`S with no backup. we have a o-line that needs help but we can pick 2 DT`S and a kicker. i dont know who to cuss out the most ,the queen or hermmie. ah i`ll just bit@h about both, they are the same.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

O.k., it's all better now. We got a dominant, starting offensive tackle.

Herbert Taylor!!!! He played for the........uhh....

Texas-Christian......Horned-Frogs!!!!!!!

In the........uhh......Mountain-West Conference.

There, that aught to save our team.

What is that supposed to tell me? The tandem of Gonzales and Kennison has been one of the best, in the league.

Do you think that Bowe is going to be a better reciever than Gonzales? I can't name five WRs, in the NFL, who are better recievers than Tony. We had an offense that ranked in the top five, in passing yards, for four of the past five years.

I don't get why everyone thinks that Gonzales should be getting the ball, less often, than what he does. If you are wanting more catches, from your WRs, then you must be wanting to take away throws to the TE. There are only so many passing plays that a team will run, over the course of a game. So, if you want a real number one WR, then you want to throw the ball to Tony Gonzales, less often. That is insane. Tony has proven himself, as one of the best recievers in the game. Why not allow him to play?

Who is the big-name WR in San Diego? You don't need a WR to lead the league in receptions, when you have someone else doing that.

Esentially, what we drafted, in the first round, is someone who we expect to take receptions from Tony Gonzales. This won't happen, until Tony gets injured, or retires. While he might be listed as a nuber one WR, Bowe will be a number two reciever.

Not to mention, Eddie Kennison is agreat WR, who Dewayne Bowe will be lucky to play as well as. Eddie has taken alot of flack, for not being the best reciever, on the team. Thoughts, like yours, Coach, "When your best reciever isn't a wideout, at all, that should tell you something." When you use the talent and success, of Gonzales, against Eddie Kennison, he is bound to look like a loser. But, watch Eddie play the game. He makes amazing catches, along with the routine ones. He rarely drops a pass. He runs terrific routes. He has great speed. What more do you want from the guy?

I know, you want him to be a better reciever than Tony Gonzales. Good luck, with that.

Why use the 23rd, overall pick, on a number two reciever? When your O-line has lost, both, Willie Roaf,( HOFer) and Will Shields (HOFer)? And, after three rounds, we still haven't adressed that situation.
    Good poins about tony.

O.k., it's all better now. We got a dominant, starting offensive tackle.

Herbert Taylor!!!! He played for the........uhh....

Texas-Christian......Horned-Frogs!!!!!!!

In the........uhh......Mountain-West Conference.

There, that aught to save our team.
    Is this a joke? Herbert Taylor is a good tackle and could be starting in a couple years

jets sucked
    :character00112:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast