Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Mike Cox at FB

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,196
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default Mike Cox at FB


    0 Not allowed!
    Interesting read.
    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...ry/603051.html

    It would be nice to have a bonafide FB again.


  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The flip side to that coin is that 5 players are good enough to walk on to our team and start. I'm not sure that speaks kindly to the program.
    We wouldn't have that problem if we had drafted better earlier this decade....but, no. Herm was left with a team of old past super stars and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round busts.

    Time to replace those players with REAL, NEW talent.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    We wouldn't have that problem if we had drafted better earlier this decade....but, no. Herm was left with a team of old past super stars and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round busts.

    Time to replace those players with REAL, NEW talent.
    You can get all over Dick and his drafting, but he has won more with his style of football than Herm has with his.

    I realize he left after his contract, but he did his best to make the team win games and get to the playoffs.

    The guy had a good run, and I for one appreciate what he did for the Chiefs as an organization and for what he did for the fans.

    He is getting up there in years, and decided to go ahead and leave the organization to spend time with his family and I don't blame him for that, nor the position the Chiefs are in right now.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You can get all over Dick and his drafting, but he has won more with his style of football than Herm has with his.

    I realize he left after his contract, but he did his best to make the team win games and get to the playoffs.

    The guy had a good run, and I for one appreciate what he did for the Chiefs as an organization and for what he did for the fans.

    He is getting up there in years, and decided to go ahead and leave the organization to spend time with his family and I don't blame him for that, nor the position the Chiefs are in right now.


    REP!!!


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post


    REP!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You can get all over Dick and his drafting, but he has won more with his style of football than Herm has with his.

    I realize he left after his contract, but he did his best to make the team win games and get to the playoffs.

    The guy had a good run, and I for one appreciate what he did for the Chiefs as an organization and for what he did for the fans.

    He is getting up there in years, and decided to go ahead and leave the organization to spend time with his family and I don't blame him for that, nor the position the Chiefs are in right now.
    The only problem i had with the guy was his inability to draft good players or build a defense capable of stopping Peyton Manning JUST ONCE.

    Other than that, i liked the guy.

    But if you don't blame him for the position the Chiefs are in right now, you're blind. He and Peterson ran this team ragged and he abandoned ship before it went down. He saw this team get old and peaced out for the next coach to take the blame.....guess it worked.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The only problem i had with the guy was his inability to draft good players or build a defense capable of stopping Peyton Manning JUST ONCE.

    Other than that, i liked the guy.

    But if you don't blame him for the position the Chiefs are in right now, you're blind. He and Peterson ran this team ragged and he abandoned ship before it went down. He saw this team get old and peaced out for the next coach to take the blame.....guess it worked.
    Well he got good players to win games while he was here, and he had done it before.

    His drafting was not horrible (I think you pointed that out yourself once when referring to how great of a trade we got for Jared, him being a 4th rounder and all) and you know it.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well he got good players to win games while he was here, and he had done it before.

    His drafting was not horrible (I think you pointed that out yourself once when referring to how great of a trade we got for Jared, him being a 4th rounder and all) and you know it.
    Yeah...one super star he and CP tripped on, the other he didn't even want....

    2 super stars and 5 or 6 contributing players out of 46 drafted players....

    Thank GOD he's not drafting for us anymore.

    HH, this isn't even debatable. He was horrible in the draft and there's no reason you need to try and defend him. It's a fact that EVERY SINGLE ONE of his drafts were busts with the exception of 7 or so players out of 6 years.

    That isn't successful drafting no matter how you try to spin it.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yeah...one super star he and CP tripped on, the other he didn't even want....

    2 super stars and 5 or 6 contributing players out of 46 drafted players....

    Thank GOD he's not drafting for us anymore.

    HH, this isn't even debatable. He was horrible in the draft and there's no reason you need to try and defend him. It's a fact that EVERY SINGLE ONE of his drafts were busts with the exception of 7 or so players out of 6 years.

    That isn't successful drafting no matter how you try to spin it.
    I am not attempting to prove that his drafting was successful.

    I am simply stating that we were doing well with him as HC, and now we are not.

    Are you saying that Herm is a genius for taking the job, or just ambitious?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yeah...one super star he and CP tripped on, the other he didn't even want....

    2 super stars and 5 or 6 contributing players out of 46 drafted players....

    Thank GOD he's not drafting for us anymore.

    HH, this isn't even debatable. He was horrible in the draft and there's no reason you need to try and defend him. It's a fact that EVERY SINGLE ONE of his drafts were busts with the exception of 7 or so players out of 6 years.

    That isn't successful drafting no matter how you try to spin it.
    Also...

    I am trying to outdo you with my sig pic.

    I am more a villain than you!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I am not attempting to prove that his drafting was successful.

    I am simply stating that we were doing well with him as HC, and now we are not.

    Are you saying that Herm is a genius for taking the job, or just ambitious?
    Vermeil was dealing from a position of strength. He was able to trade away players who were drafted before he got here to obtain players like Roaf. Waters, Shields, Weigman, Gonzo, and John Tait were all in place before he got here.

    The Chiefs were already a descending defense and he did nothing to fix it...which made things even worse. He was too busy trading away first round draft picks for offensive players and busting one the 1st rounders he DID have.

    Vermeil didn't HAVE to rebuild an entire defense and offense in 2 years. He already had the most dominant line in the NFL in place.

    He brought in Trent and traded for Horn for Roaf after Tait left.

    Other than that, what did the guy do besides install a high scoring offense and a high yielding defense?

    Tell me what Herm has had on this team that even comes close to resembling a dominant portion of the team. Vermeil already had the offensive players he needed and a middle of the pack defense....Herm wasn't left with SH@#.

    He was left with JA and LJ. Two players who want out, one we should've traded and one we finally DID trade....that's it. Thank GOD the guy can find talent or we'd be even more fu%$# than we already are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •