Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: New fantasy football game

Default New fantasy football game

Hey guys, first post but long time lurker here, I registered just to share this pretty kick-a$$ game I started playing recently. Its an online football game, where you get to make players, own teams, build stadiums, get equipment, and develop your own players.

Once you have your players made you can either join a human run team, make your own team, or join a CPU run team and compete in games vs. thousands of other players.

You don't have to pay any money just to play, and spending cash to upgrade is completely optional. Give it a try, my in game name is "Untouchable" if you have questions or need anything!

Heres the link: Goal Line Blitz
    Last edited by Coach; 03-31-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Pulled referral code out of link. I'm sure he won't mind since he is only letting us know because it is so cool! :P

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    So you're saying put it on agility, or does it even matter now since the game is so close from now?
    Take your pick. I would try to improve on the speed a bit, but that's me. If you get it done before about two o'clock, then you will still get the SP adjustment.

Went with speed.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Hi guys, game plan is up on the site...sorry I haven't been around here seems like a missed some conversation, but I had to watch Abbotsfords last few games as they've mixed up their gameplan significantly in each game.

Guru...you have levelled up, did you apply your skill points yet?

Royals...I don't have your password so I can't change your player...but knowing when you set him up, you'd only be at level 5-6 without boosting. So I'd guess you boosted.

Anyone that is thinking about creating another d-league player I'd suggest Offensive line, Defensive tackles and middle linebacker types. I do intend to use the 3-4 base defense extensively when available. Which will mean our Dtackles will tire out quickly, and we'll be playing two Inside Linebackers as starters. O-line is the one area we are still using CPU players. We also use a CPU CB but both Chief 31 and I have a CB in the D-league. Mine will be over on the team by next week.
    Last edited by rbedgood; 05-13-2008 at 04:49 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Hi guys, game plan is up on the site...sorry I haven't been around here seems like a missed some conversation, but I had to watch Abbotsfords last few games as they've mixed up their gameplan significantly in each game.

Guru...you have levelled up, did you apply your skill points yet?

Royals...I don't have your password so I can't change your player...but knowing when you set him up, you'd only be at level 5-6 without boosting. So I'd guess you boosted.

Anyone that is thinking about creating another d-league player I'd suggest Offensive line, Defensive tackles and middle linebacker types. I do intend to use the 3-4 base defense extensively when available. Which will mean our Dtackles will tire out quickly, and we'll be playing two Inside Linebackers as starters. O-line is the one area we are still using CPU players. We also use a CPU CB but both Chief 31 and I have a CB in the D-league. Mine will be over on the team by next week.
    Glad to hear it. I was beginning to think that it might fall on my shoulders today. And I am not particularly up to that challenge this morning.

Let's also keep in mind that next season we will be adding my other DT; OT and WR to the lineup, and I'm not sure if Donovans WR will be joining us or not just yet, but he is sounding like it, due to a shortage of playing time with the team he is on now.

But don't worry anyone, if there is depth at a position, I will be happy to put my players in backup roles. They get plenty of playing time anyway, and we definitely need them.

Oops. Almost forgot this...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9403978
    Last edited by chief31; 05-13-2008 at 07:19 AM.

Just so everyone knows...where we have depth I am trying to keep the snaps fairly even. This isn't always possible as the SIM does take over on some decisions during the game. However by setting the energy settings to sub in sooner I'm usually able to get our backups at least 35-40 snaps. As you can see however even when it is in my vested interest (my HB) at times it doesn't work.

It sounds like we're pretty well rounded at the current time for most positions. I am looking forward to dumping the CPU players that have consistently underperformed for their level.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

I went ahead and boosted my 2nd CB to lv 6 and signed him. He'll be much better than the CPU corner that we've had playing #3 on the depth charts and he should still level to #8 by Mon or Tues of next week. It will benefit the team to get the CPU corner off the field, and should only cost the CB about 10-15 snaps a game.

I just changed my QB's training to Speed.

I should have him up to almost 15 for our next game, hopefully that helps him scramble.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I was just scouting the lower leagues, and it looks like we would have a big advantage over the teams down there. Most of them look like we did two or three weeks ago, as far as starters' levels and even starting some CPUs.

Our next four games are against some of the better teams in our league, so it could be a pretty rough stretch for us. But then we will have a decision to make, about rather or not to sand-bag our way out of this particular league, and into a league that doesn't have a full seasons head-start on us.

Also, I was looking at our players' morale. It is getting pretty low across the roster. I'm not sure of the actual effects of confidence yet, but we might have to start throwing a skill point or two in that direction soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I was just scouting the lower leagues, and it looks like we would have a big advantage over the teams down there. Most of them look like we did two or three weeks ago, as far as starters' levels and even starting some CPUs.

Our next four games are against some of the better teams in our league, so it could be a pretty rough stretch for us. But then we will have a decision to make, about rather or not to sand-bag our way out of this particular league, and into a league that doesn't have a full seasons head-start on us.

Also, I was looking at our players' morale. It is getting pretty low across the roster. I'm not sure of the actual effects of confidence yet, but we might have to start throwing a skill point or two in that direction soon.

There is a slight tie from confidence to morale...but frankly unless we can start winning we aren't going to turn the morale around for a bit.

FYI...

A few of you have asked me if I have made changes to your players. If I make any changes I will PM you on either this site or the GLB site. I have a few of you that have given me your passwords...the only unannounced changes I've made (ask HH) is adding avatars to your profile/players.

If anyone does need assistance managing your player just send Chief31 or myself a PM on one site or the other and we'll be happy to help out.

As has been mentioned this season is a "building" effort. The negative of that is we are looking like last year's version of the Miami Dolphins. We have our 1 win in the bag, but we'd like more. The bright side is that we've developed some nice players, learned a bit about the simulator that runs the games and which attributes it looks at for what skills. There is some inter-connection between a number of the attributes. We finally got a little bit going with our running game the last game, and started to generate some pass rush. We're still looking for a sack, but I think some of the changes Chief31 is making to his Defensive End as well as some upgrades expected to the gameplanning options in the next few weeks should address that issue. Our secondary is looking pretty solid and our linebackers are doing great. Twister bear with me, when we get the option for a 3-4 defense you'll be starting, in the meantime I've got you backing up all 3 LB positions so that you get plenty of snaps.

Please make sure you go to the GLB website and read the team forum at least every other day to set the tactics on your player to match the gameplan. Also you'll want to spend your skill points that you earn as you level up. There is a guide for important skills by position on the forums, if you need help, again Chief31 and I are picking up the keys, and are happy to help.