Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New fantasy football game

Default New fantasy football game

Hey guys, first post but long time lurker here, I registered just to share this pretty kick-a$$ game I started playing recently. Its an online football game, where you get to make players, own teams, build stadiums, get equipment, and develop your own players.

Once you have your players made you can either join a human run team, make your own team, or join a CPU run team and compete in games vs. thousands of other players.

You don't have to pay any money just to play, and spending cash to upgrade is completely optional. Give it a try, my in game name is "Untouchable" if you have questions or need anything!

Heres the link: Goal Line Blitz
    Last edited by Coach; 03-31-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Pulled referral code out of link. I'm sure he won't mind since he is only letting us know because it is so cool! :P

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I made a QB and he doesn't even have a bench to ride.
    Have you posted in the players looking for team forum? In general theres a fairly high demand for human players, I'm sure someone will snatch you up..

If you want you can look in the teams looking for players forum as well, and maybe retire your qb (you get all his flex back) if you see another position that interests you that has high demand.

My team is pretty set for QB, but we're looking for a good DT and SS if those interest you make one and shoot me the link to the player and I'll get you a contract offered.

Leveling up a player either for free if you make a non-glamour position or by spending 10 bucks will make your player a lot more attractive too. But you shouldn't NEED to do that to get a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Have you posted in the players looking for team forum? In general theres a fairly high demand for human players, I'm sure someone will snatch you up..

If you want you can look in the teams looking for players forum as well, and maybe retire your qb (you get all his flex back) if you see another position that interests you that has high demand.

My team is pretty set for QB, but we're looking for a good DT and SS if those interest you make one and shoot me the link to the player and I'll get you a contract offered.

Leveling up a player either for free if you make a non-glamour position or by spending 10 bucks will make your player a lot more attractive too. But you shouldn't NEED to do that to get a team.
    I haven't posted anywhere yet, I thought I was gonna play some football?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I am in the process of trying it out. I built an OT named Arion Roaf, and joined the Bankock Bears. That's about all I know about it right now.

OT is a position in demand there. QB is not. Anywhere along the offensive line, or DT are positions that are needed most.

Once I created my player, and boosted him up a level, I just went to the "Players looking for teams" forum, and started a thread. I had to give it a bump, after about an hour, because there are alot of players looking for a team.

I wound-up sorting through five offers, and took the best one-year deal that I could find. (Didn't want to get "duped" into some long-term rip-off.

Once I accepted the offer, after looking at each of the offering teams depth charts to see if I would get to play, a new forum opened at the bottom of the forums list, for my teams forum.

I just posted a "glad to be part of the team" thread, and started asking some questions.

Requires too much thinking on my part. :p

I probably won't have the time for this. somebody can have my Center if they want him.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I probably won't have the time for this. somebody can have my Center if they want him.
    How's little Guru doin?? :)

For anyone who might be intersetd in trying this out...

This is my link... http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=4878773

( You get credit for your players, with these referals.)

The most importanat thing that I would tell you, is that there is a site-currency called flex points. They will start you out with 800(?) of these flex points.

You will want to use them wisely, because there are only two ways to get more of them. Pay for more, using real money, or you can earn a certain amount by getting referrals. (Up to three referrals, anually)

You can play the game without paying. But, obviously, you will be at a dissadvantage.

The first thing that they will prompt you to do, after signing up, is to create a player. Different positional players cost different amounts of flex points to create. Also, some positions have too many created players already. So choose wisely.

If you choose to create a defensive player, (200 flex points) then you will be able to afford to "boost" your player up a level three times. (That's the maximum, per season.) A level boost has the same cost as the creation of your player. (300 flex points to create a RB, 300 points to level boost a RB)

Upon creating a player, they will give you 15 "skill points" to add to your players attributes. And you will get five more "skill points" per level boost that you perform. This will give you a total of 30 "skill points" to add to your player, total.

You can use them however you see fit, but I will give you my advise. Make your player stand out. Make him ultra-fast, or ultra-strong. Don't use all of the points on that single attribute, but try to stand out.

Aslo, there are "special abilities" to the right of the screen, when creating a player. Either pick one of the ones to the left, and cram several point on it, or avoid them altogether. They will be far more valuable once your character has made a few levels.

After you have created your character, you can buy him special equipment, that also improve your charcter by awarding a one-point boost to the attribute that you choose. These cost player money. (Easily replaced, once your player has a contract.) Except custom equipment, which costs flex points, and can add as many as six skill points to your player. But, with zero flex points left, you will need some referrals, or actual money to but custom equipment.

The game is brand new, and hasn't got the best set-up for new members yet, as it does not give you any of this information before having you create a player.

If you have already tried it, and were unsuccesful in getting on a team, you can still start over if you like. You can start a whole new account, and try again, if you want.

I decided to post this, eventhough the entire thread is kinda SPAMish, because I am on there playing, and I really enjoy it, and thought that some of you might too.

Any questions? Feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by chief31; 04-12-2008 at 09:53 AM.

post whore
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    post whore

Gotta have that arrowcash!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    post whore

One must go with ones strengths here.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast