Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: New fantasy football game

Default New fantasy football game

Hey guys, first post but long time lurker here, I registered just to share this pretty kick-a$$ game I started playing recently. Its an online football game, where you get to make players, own teams, build stadiums, get equipment, and develop your own players.

Once you have your players made you can either join a human run team, make your own team, or join a CPU run team and compete in games vs. thousands of other players.

You don't have to pay any money just to play, and spending cash to upgrade is completely optional. Give it a try, my in game name is "Untouchable" if you have questions or need anything!

Heres the link: Goal Line Blitz
    Last edited by Coach; 03-31-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Pulled referral code out of link. I'm sure he won't mind since he is only letting us know because it is so cool! :P

By the end of this season or early next we should have another team roster to place our developing players on. We'll likely use that for players that can't make the Ottawa roster, but don't fit the D-league mold. I'm currently 782nd on the waiting list for a team. I'll be looking for 1-2 guys that want to help with OC/DC duties on the other team. My cousin (Bedgood42) will help, but another would be great.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    By the end of this season or early next we should have another team roster to place our developing players on. We'll likely use that for players that can't make the Ottawa roster, but don't fit the D-league mold. I'm currently 782nd on the waiting list for a team. I'll be looking for 1-2 guys that want to help with OC/DC duties on the other team. My cousin (Bedgood42) will help, but another would be great.
    Canada needs more stress.

Make him do it.

And when I say give me beer, i really mean

I don't think I will be able to give any advice for the coming season, but I'm willing to put a few bucks on a winning player,
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Canada needs more stress.

Make him do it.

And when I say give me beer, i really mean

I don't think I will be able to any advice for the coming season, but I'm willing to put a few bucks on a winning player,
    Did you already boost for Season 2? If not you only have a couple days left to do so. If you did, then hold off on boosting. Let's get a feel for what our schedule looks like and when we're facing the top dogs before deciding when to boost.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

LOL...know what fantasy football and soccer have in common??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Why no; what.

Oh...oh...I know,

Both soccer and Fantasy Football have a bigger following than HOCKEY!!!

BURN

Oh...oh...I know,

BURN
    Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!

We got a winner Johnie!!!

Oh...oh...I know,

BURN
    Close...soccer and fantasy football are for those who can't take a hit!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

All right guys, gameplan for 6/13 is up on the team forums at GLB...please set your player(s) and confirm

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...read_id=373519

Offense- With the addition of Roaf on the outside of our line we should be able to shore up the pass protection and we are planning on running the ball up the gut at their LV5 DT. Their MLB is a LV 18, but as long as we get clear of the DT consistently I'll take our chances on our FB getting to their MLB every once in a while and busting a big run for our HBs.

Advanced Tactics
    QBs- Both set scramble to sometimes, clear favorite receivers, and "yes" to favor long passes. We will run mostly short and medium routes, but I want to favor the open receiver farthest downfield.
    HBs- Bedgood will set to Pass block, Tyler to run block as he'll be the back-up FB also, both will set running style to power.
    FBs- set to run block, set to run power
    TEs- set to run block
    WRs- set to run block, set running style to your build
    OT- set to balanced blocking
    G/C- set to run block focus

Defense- We are going to mix up the defense a bit, we'll be running some more run based defensive schemes, but have more players focused on the pass so as not to over value the run d. Blitzing will continue to be a high percentage

DT/NT- Set play type focus to "run", set tackling on wrap up
    DE- set to pass, set tackling on wrap-up
    MLB- Rex & Twister- set focus to balanced, tackling to wrap-up, pass coverage medium, INTS on aggressive
    OLB- set focus to pass, tackling to wrap up, pass coverage close, and INTs on aggressive
    CBs- set focus to pass, tackling to wrap up, pass coverage to close, and INTS on aggressive
    Strong safeties, set focus to balanced, tackling to wrap up, pass coverage to loose and INTs to medium
    Free safeties, set focus to pass, tackling to wrap-up, pass coverage to medium, and INTs to aggressive

Please confirm when set. Oh and anyone who didn't notice...All defenders should have tackling set on wrap-up...

FYI...last season we lost to the Titans 22-7, in a game where we gave up 377 yards of total offense and only gained 182...the big difference was on the ground, so lets take it to them this time and show them the improvement on our O-line.

I can either focus on pass block or run block. Do I set to no focus for balanced?

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten