Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: New fantasy football game

Default New fantasy football game

Hey guys, first post but long time lurker here, I registered just to share this pretty kick-a$$ game I started playing recently. Its an online football game, where you get to make players, own teams, build stadiums, get equipment, and develop your own players.

Once you have your players made you can either join a human run team, make your own team, or join a CPU run team and compete in games vs. thousands of other players.

You don't have to pay any money just to play, and spending cash to upgrade is completely optional. Give it a try, my in game name is "Untouchable" if you have questions or need anything!

Heres the link: Goal Line Blitz
    Last edited by Coach; 03-31-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Pulled referral code out of link. I'm sure he won't mind since he is only letting us know because it is so cool! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Any needs I need to address on my player?
    Eric Manchester seems to be developing nicely. Keep putting any skill points you earn in Strenth & Blocking, and every once in a while build your stamina, vision, speed & agility. If you have any flex points available you could boost him a couple levels which would allow you to apply 5 skill points per level (up to 3 levels/season)...I'd suggest laying most of this on speed & blocking as getting those two towards the "soft cap" would be the biggest improvement.

FYI, the soft cap is at 49, where it takes 2 skill points to move an attribute up 1 point after that level.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

FYI...guys

I am on the waiting list for a 2nd team. The goal here is to use the 2nd team as a bridge between the D-leagues and our current team. Our current team will be mostly levelled up to around 15-20 next season and it would be hard for a player to come into that team and have much value straight from the D-leagues. I'm not sure I'll get a team right away, but if I do, I'll likely delegate football operations to someone on that team. I know TexasChiefs, my cousin and myself all have some players in the D-leagues, that could use an extra season of growing before they join the Ottawa Chiefs.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

I think I'm good with Omar Rodriguez. I have to study for advancement for the next 3 months.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I've been busy the past few days, but it doesn't look like I missed much.

How many more games until this god awful season is over?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Season over!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Season over!
    TS,

In glancing through the box score today, I noticed that for some reason Twister didn't show up...I double checked the depth charts and sub settings and can't figure out why!? Glad it didn't cost us the game, as your build is one of our more solid tacklers.

You'll be getting plenty of playing time going forward.

Reminder to everyone, set your training to normal or intense for the next week. Energy is no longer an issue, but growing skill points is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    TS,

In glancing through the box score today, I noticed that for some reason Twister didn't show up...I double checked the depth charts and sub settings and can't figure out why!? Glad it didn't cost us the game, as your build is one of our more solid tacklers.

Reminder to everyone, set your training to normal or intense for the next week. Energy is no longer an issue, but growing skill points is!!!
    done. Thanks for the heads up.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    TS,

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    done. Thanks for the heads up.
    And done!

My training is still on stamina, and is above 26 now. Should I stick with stamina or work on my speed and agility?

I just checked the GLB site, and it says we have a game in 40 hours???

Aren't we all gonna be worn out?
    Last edited by hermhater; 05-28-2008 at 12:54 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    And done!

My training is still on stamina, and is above 26 now. Should I stick with stamina or work on my speed and agility?

The game is a "scrimmage"...it doesn't count to the standings, or for XP. I'm going to use the opportunity to play some of the 2nd stringers and test out some tactics changes. I'd rather lose those games and have our players develop a little more for next season, since the games don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    And done!

I think that your stamina is probably pretty good. You don't seem to have had too much of an issue with it.

We have scrimmage games, throughout the playoffs. They are essentially meaningless games, and Rich and I have decided that the training benefits far outweigh any energy situations for the remainder of this season.

I reccomend checking the price of your 'intense' training, as it rarely is worth the price-increase over 'normal' training, considering the very mild gains to attributes, from intense to normal.