Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: New fantasy football game

Default New fantasy football game

Hey guys, first post but long time lurker here, I registered just to share this pretty kick-a$$ game I started playing recently. Its an online football game, where you get to make players, own teams, build stadiums, get equipment, and develop your own players.

Once you have your players made you can either join a human run team, make your own team, or join a CPU run team and compete in games vs. thousands of other players.

You don't have to pay any money just to play, and spending cash to upgrade is completely optional. Give it a try, my in game name is "Untouchable" if you have questions or need anything!

Heres the link: Goal Line Blitz
    Last edited by Coach; 03-31-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Pulled referral code out of link. I'm sure he won't mind since he is only letting us know because it is so cool! :P

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Most definitely. I might even put a preference on CONFIDENCE, over STRENGTH.
    i wasn't sure...I think those two attributes being short (I just said short when talking about HH's QB ) are contributing to the INTs...not sure which is a bigger difference-maker.

Confidence definitely adds to the issue as his low confidence leads to one mistake piling on another...

However I've read in the forums (on GLB) that strength actually contributes to throwing and arm strength for a QB...which may be why he gets picked a lot on medium and long passes.

Obviously both are important, I'd probably split the points each level between the two?!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Well I just got back around to this thread, has someone already used the points for me?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well I just got back around to this thread, has someone already used the points for me?
    Not me...I was going to last night, but it was in the middle of running the "training" and I couldn't access the screen. You played well today though. 3TDs and no INTs.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

'Tweren't me.

What should I use them on then?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

What should I use them on then?
    I'll tell you what...

How about if you go ahead and boost Bob Katt the remaining two times. That will give you 15 SP to distribute.

I say. once you have definitely reached the soft-cap on THROWING and VISION, throw all of your remaining points into STRENGTH. Since you have the Bowe-boys able to go deep, we might as well have Bob Katt able to throw it there.

Try that, I'll take a look at him, and we'll probably go back to the "prefer long passes" option for him.

I'll tell you what...

How about if you go ahead and boost Bob Katt the remaining two times. That will give you 15 SP to distribute.

I say. once you have definitely reached the soft-cap on THROWING and VISION, throw all of your remaining points into STRENGTH. Since you have the Bowe-boys able to go deep, we might as well have Bob Katt able to throw it there.

Try that, I'll take a look at him, and we'll probably go back to the "prefer long passes" option for him.
    I boosted him to level 20, now explain this soft cap??

How much should I spend on Throwing and Vision?

Throwing is at 49.6, and Vision is at 39.6, so how much should I spend on each of them?

I boosted him to level 20, now explain this soft cap??

How much should I spend on Throwing and Vision?

Throwing is at 49.6, and Vision is at 39.6, so how much should I spend on each of them?
    The 'soft-cap' is at 48.10 (?) somwhere in that area. And as you exceed the soft-cap, you will have to pay two of yoour Skill Points (The points that you distribute after you make a level) to raise that attribute one more time.

Instead of paying double for that next THROWING point, you should be able to put nine points on the VISION attribute, putting it at the soft-cap. Then lay the remaining 6 points on STRENGTH.

The 'soft-cap' is at 48.10 (?) somwhere in that area. And as you exceed the soft-cap, you will have to pay two of yoour Skill Points (The points that you distribute after you make a level) to raise that attribute one more time.

Instead of paying double for that next THROWING point, you should be able to put nine points on the VISION attribute, putting it at the soft-cap. Then lay the remaining 6 points on STRENGTH.
    I helped HH this morning and explained the soft-cap to him. The extra points were put on confidence instead of strength...hope that's okay. A lot of the reading I'm doing on the forums has suggested that confidence is a huge factor in INTs

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I helped HH this morning and explained the soft-cap to him. The extra points were put on confidence instead of strength...hope that's okay. A lot of the reading I'm doing on the forums has suggested that confidence is a huge factor in INTs
    Yeah. I am really torn between those two atts. But I will have to get a good idea of what I find to be more important soon, as Steve Bono will be ready to select his #3 att. by seasons end.

I intend to boost Steve Bono (all three left) if we lose a game, or right before our first playoff game. Whichever would come first.