Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Firefox rocks!!!

Default Firefox rocks!!!

I utilized Firefox's adblock feature so I don't have to see all the other rep whore levels out there.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Let's all take a step back and a deep breath. I don't see anyone getting booted, and I'm not going to edit your post as we were supposed to have a filter in place to edit the swearing. The rules for swearing were in place because it was communicated to me by Coach some time back that he didn't want the site to be inundated with threads containing a lot profane language. I don't believe that enforcing a rule, something mods are charged with doing on a BB, is treating it's members like preschoolers especially when it involves content that maybe unacceptable o a site that is supposed the family oriented. As far as the rep goes it doesn't bother me to see who has what rep and recognize that it is members who dole it out to others and not them themselves. I think it is impossible to control it and think that perhaps making the rep leaders public is an issue that maybe needs to be revisited by board administration. All members here have done a good job contributing to the boards, and simply think that we all need to try and work out the differences between us that arise out of the inevitable personality clashes that come along when a BB grows into what we have in the Chiefs Crowd we see today. We need to get passed this. I know that apologies have been extended; accept them and lets get on with life and let this issue die.

Well said...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Just so Canada has to scroll through the thread again to find the new post...

Actually I have an idea...I agree that rep is shall we say a silly system at best. What if instead of rating a poster, we rated the post instead. Say a choice of a thumbs up, a football, a thumbs down, a smilie face, etc.

A thumbs up for the post would be for a good post
    A smilie would be for a funny
    A Football would be for a great football post

Y'all get the idea. Instead of showing HH as having some logarithmically growing amount of 58's on his stoopid parrot posts that frankly deserve negative rep, it would honor his good posts and give him thumbs down for his parrots, and the senseless mutterings would probably remain unrated?!

Thoughts?

Flames?

Anyone...?
    Go to the top of any thread, you will see a place to 'Rate This Thread'.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    My problem with this whole thread is that it has been a personal attack on HH an myself. I apologize that we happen to have more rep then everyone else. I have never read in the rules or FAQ forum what the criteria for repping a post is. I did not know that it was wrong to get rep for a funny post, all I know is that members of these boards are the ones who give out rep and it was never a problem until it was myself and HH at the top of the rep system. Personally, I do not care about rep outside of the fact that I appreciate when other members give me some rep for contribution to the site. As much as you all may call HH and I post whores and you all hate to read parrot threads etc....take a look at these boards one night when HH is not around. It gets real boring real fast. He starts more threads here than anyone, and to know have mods turn around and complain about the recognition we have gotten for our contributions to the site is an absolute load of bull****. I don't know why this site is run like we are a bunch of preschoolers who can not deal with someone saying **** or "being more popular" than them, but it is crap and I am getting sick and ****in tired of it!! So feel free to now slap on the infraction that I am sure is on its way for me swearing and if I have to get booted for it then so be it!!
    This thread wasn't started by Guru to attack anyone. He mentioned that we was annoyed by the amount of space that the rep images took up. Screen real estate is how he referred to it if I recall correctly. It just happened that Canada and HH have the most rep, therefore the most icons. I feel comfortable speaking on behalf of Guru when I say this was not an attack on anyone. I would ask that the members of this site also pay the mods of this site the same respect by not attacking them. If you have a problem with any mod or me, then shoot me a PM and I will address it. It doesn't need to be part of a 12 page thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Let's all take a step back and a deep breath. I don't see anyone getting booted, and I'm not going to edit your post as we were supposed to have a filter in place to edit the swearing. The rules for swearing were in place because it was communicated to me by Coach some time back that he didn't want the site to be inundated with threads containing a lot profane language. I don't believe that enforcing a rule, something mods are charged with doing on a BB, is treating it's members like preschoolers especially when it involves content that maybe unacceptable on a site that is supposed the family oriented. As far as the rep goes it doesn't bother me to see who has what rep and recognize that it is members who dole it out to others and not them themselves. I think it is impossible to control it and think that perhaps making the rep leaders public is an issue that maybe needs to be revisited by board administration. All members here have done a good job contributing to the boards, and simply think that we all need to try and work out the differences between us that arise out of the inevitable personality clashes that come along when a BB grows into what we have in the Chiefs Crowd we see today. We need to get passed this. I know that apologies have been extended; accept them, lets get on with life and let this issue die.
    Agreed. Thread Closed.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112