Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Turk" Mcbride

Default "Turk" Mcbride

Appearently, I have been looking at this second round draft selection the wrong way. It's not that he is too slow to play defensive end, but that he is slow enough to play defensive tackle. It's not that he is too small to play defensive tackle, but that he small enough to play defensive end. That must be why he is a "tweener".

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Well, since Herm is replacing Allen anyways, why don't we just trade him to Carolina for Kris Jenkins. We can put Turk on the outside with Hali and our starting DTs could be Jenkins and Tank. The rotation obviously would include Edwards, Reed and Boone.

Anybody have an idea how we could land Lance Briggs? I'd like to package Trent Green with maybe a second round pick and PERHAPS Donnie Edwards for Briggs and a 4th. The Bears run a similar defense and Briggs could be the true stud of our defense. Although i realize that Green may not restructure his deal for Chicago, with Briggs off the books, the Bears might be able to keep green at his current figure.

How awesome would it be to see Briggs, Harris and Johnson backing Hali, Tank, Jenkins, and Turk? Then with the two young stud safeties Pollard and Page and the All-Pro corners of Law and Surtain behind them...good lord!!

Who needs an offense with a defense like that? lol

Sorry...I've been working in the sun too long today and a go off on these fantasies.
    Sounds like a very good defense. I think we will have that with, or without Lance Briggs, in the mix. Although, there isn't anyone on our team, that is capable of filling Jared Allens shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Haven't you learned yet? We rarely draft a player for the actual position they play. We convert them.

Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Sounds like a very good defense. I think we will have that with, or without Lance Briggs, in the mix. Although, there isn't anyone on our team, that is capable of filling Jared Allens shoes.

I think that Edwards and Harris will provide some much needed leadership for our new defense.

I think our defense is going to be a top 10 defense next year.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I think our defense is going to be a top 10 defense next year.

Very well could be.

Smile

Our defense looks to be solid, I hope we get a TD or two from them to help our sagging offense. GO CHIEF'S!!!

:rockon: :character0045:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Our defense looks to be solid, I hope we get a TD or two from them to help our sagging offense. GO CHIEF'S!!!

:rockon: :character0045:

Our defense is very solid. IMHO. As pessimistic as I have been this off season I do think we will win some games with our defense.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i`m not worried about the defense. last year they showed signes of greatness. we`ve seen them at the bottom and they seem far from it. its hermmie`s ofense i`m worried about.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i`m not worried about the defense. last year they showed signes of greatness. we`ve seen them at the bottom and they seem far from it. its hermmie`s ofense i`m worried about.
    Same here, but this can of worms has been opened and re-opened; I think we need to move on. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123