10 15.63%
  • Ricky Santos

5 7.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle or Thigpen?

Default Croyle or Thigpen?

PFT:

With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.

Thigpen last played on a regular basis at Coastal Carolina, which we didn’t realize even had a football program.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    And many others too great to count.

Just wondering why timsatt would create so many screen names way back then.

Perhaps he was doing this for sometime before I even got to the site.

Was the site boring before I got here?

Did it take opposing opinions to get a response from folks back then?

What the hell was going on with the Crowd back then?

I will have to go ahead and explore some of the earlier threads/posts from then.
    hey...help a out. Who the F*** is Tim Satt???????? Why is his name always referenced??

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Hi Grbac.

L-Dub,Tornadospotter and Three7s were the three group in a row that support Damon "killer" Huard.Why disagree?If we give Damon protection in the pocket,we know how dangerous he can be.Just look back on the 2006 season when he was ranked second to Peyton in interception ratio.It's strange how people switch it up and mention what if we give Brodie plenty of time in the pocket then he'll be good for our offense.That's not true.Playcalling and decision making while throwing the ball is something that CRoyle and Thigpen are not built on.Our firepowered offense still is intact with Damon as the starter because he knows of all of the volumes being that he has experience with our offense.I'll have to belive that Dick Vermeil's style of offense os completely a nonfactor with Thigpen or CRoyle in as the starter because they are not aware of the volumes that truly exist.Especially when you consider that they are going to be bought uyp through Herm's era as coach.Herm's emphasis on getting young at the quarterback position is foolish.Dick Vermeil didn't feel like getting young when we had Trent green and we all know that Trent was a old quarterback but was still more definitely sharper than most young quarterbacks.Our offense was basically full of vets over 30 and we still we were of the best offenses in the league.What does that tell you?Damon has been here ever sense Dick Vermeil was with us and that's why he can be depended on to have success while still having experience through key guys such as Gonzo and L.J. but also while having a leader that he knows in Brian Waters which will be in front of him.All things vanish with CRoyle or Thigpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    L-Dub,Tornadospotter and Three7s were the three group in a row that support Damon "killer" Huard.Why disagree?If we give Damon protection in the pocket,we know how dangerous he can be.Just look back on the 2006 season when he was ranked second to Peyton in interception ratio.It's strange how people switch it up and mention what if we give Brodie plenty of time in the pocket then he'll be good for our offense.That's not true.Playcalling and decision making while throwing the ball is something that CRoyle and Thigpen are not built on.Our firepowered offense still is intact with Damon as the starter because he knows of all of the volumes being that he has experience with our offense.I'll have to belive that Dick Vermeil's style of offense os completely a nonfactor with Thigpen or CRoyle in as the starter because they are not aware of the volumes that truly exist.Especially when you consider that they are going to be bought uyp through Herm's era as coach.Herm's emphasis on getting young at the quarterback position is foolish.Dick Vermeil didn't feel like getting young when we had Trent green and we all know that Trent was a old quarterback but was still more definitely sharper than most young quarterbacks.Our offense was basically full of vets over 30 and we still we were of the best offenses in the league.What does that tell you?Damon has been here ever sense Dick Vermeil was with us and that's why he can be depended on to have success while still having experience through key guys such as Gonzo and L.J. but also while having a leader that he knows in Brian Waters which will be in front of him.All things vanish with CRoyle or Thigpen.
    Pink Elephants on parade...

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    I think this is a ridiculous argument. Does anyone...HAS anyone EVER really thought that Damon Huard could possibly lead any team into the promised land??? Seriously???? Do you jump every year to be the first guy to take him in your fantasy draft? Because if so, we have openings in my league next year.

We really need to put this in perspective...this "experience" you mention is as a career backup for multiple teams. I think if he was going to surprise everyone, he would have done it by now...no???
    Bottom line...does he bring anything to the table that a younger guy can't? I think the answer is no.

You can chirp all you want about how he gave us 4 wins last year, but let's put THAT into perspective too. 4 wins. 4 WINS!!! woop de freakin do. I would rather have a winless season and develop a new guy in a trial by fire situation, than bet my life savings on an unproven journeyman second string. He's not the dark horse you are hoping he is.

I vote for "OTHER"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief from the North View Post
    hey...help a out. Who the F*** is Tim Satt???????? Why is his name always referenced??
    Hiya nooB...TimSatt1 is a former member of the crowd. He chose to ignore...no, actually intentionally run over warnings, infractions, etc. from the mods and Coach, continually berating members on a personal level...(not just short jokes about HH, but inappropriate stuff). He spouted incompassionate rhetoric and made even us conservatives despise his xenophobic/homophobic rantings where he claimed to speak for all of us. He was eventually banned, and then proceeded to brag about being able to bypass the admin/mods efforts to ban him by using some techno method called a proxy server (I don't want to know guys).

Anyhow he is a 22 year old, guy from Wichita, KS. He lives with his mommy and probably gives her sensual massages at night. When not busy doing her nails or wearing his apron, he creates new IDs on Chiefs Crowd.com and spouts off about Damon Huard's dominance, Rush Limbaugh's intelligence, illegal immigrants, etc., etc.

Rumor is he might try and show up at the home opener and crash the crowd party...if so HH, turn off the video camera...we need no witnesses for what Canada may have to do!!!

This pretty much summarizes the situation.

That is ALL!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Hiya nooB...TimSatt1 is a former member of the crowd. He chose to ignore...no, actually intentionally run over warnings, infractions, etc. from the mods and Coach, continually berating members on a personal level...(not just short jokes about HH, but inappropriate stuff). He spouted incompassionate rhetoric and made even us conservatives despise his xenophobic/homophobic rantings where he claimed to speak for all of us. He was eventually banned, and then proceeded to brag about being able to bypass the admin/mods efforts to ban him by using some techno method called a proxy server (I don't want to know guys).

Anyhow he is a 22 year old, guy from Wichita, KS. He lives with his mommy and probably gives her sensual massages at night. When not busy doing her nails or wearing his apron, he creates new IDs on Chiefs Crowd.com and spouts off about Damon Huard's dominance, Rush Limbaugh's intelligence, illegal immigrants, etc., etc.

Rumor is he might try and show up at the home opener and crash the crowd party...if so HH, turn off the video camera...we need no witnesses for what Canada may have to do!!!

This pretty much summarizes the situation.

That is ALL!
    Thanks for clearing that up LOL. If he shows at home opener, we'll tie him up with his Mom's apron strings and shave him. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief from the North View Post
    I think this is a ridiculous argument. Does anyone...HAS anyone EVER really thought that Damon Huard could possibly lead any team into the promised land??? Seriously???? Do you jump every year to be the first guy to take him in your fantasy draft? Because if so, we have openings in my league next year.

We really need to put this in perspective...this "experience" you mention is as a career backup for multiple teams. I think if he was going to surprise everyone, he would have done it by now...no???
    Bottom line...does he bring anything to the table that a younger guy can't? I think the answer is no.

You can chirp all you want about how he gave us 4 wins last year, but let's put THAT into perspective too. 4 wins. 4 WINS!!! woop de freakin do. I would rather have a winless season and develop a new guy in a trial by fire situation, than bet my life savings on an unproven journeyman second string. He's not the dark horse you are hoping he is.
    ....and he can't throw screen passes.

With a brand new line working together for the first time next season, even if they do a GREAT job, they're still going to suck. It takes a couple years for O-lines to jell and become dominant.

I'm gonna have to pass on the statue in the back field on this one fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Pink Elephants on parade...

HA!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast