10 15.63%
  • Ricky Santos

5 7.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle or Thigpen?

Default Croyle or Thigpen?

PFT:

With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.

Thigpen last played on a regular basis at Coastal Carolina, which we didn’t realize even had a football program.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I believe we should keep Huard around. Everyone loved him two years ago when he saved our season coming in for an injured Greene. Now that being said Yeah he didn't do well last year and neither would TOM BRADY with what we had for an o-line. I hope to God Croyle does well and I actually like any of the three to play for us. Remember this , If Croyle went to any team in this league to play which team would have him a starter? He is not our future in my opinion. ( I hope I am Wrong ) . We should have nabbed Quinn Grey when he was up for hire - He went sooo Cheap . He will be a star someday, just wait and see. He had way more talent than anything we have now and is young to boot. We need a superstar and maybe Thigpen will be a sleeper . Croyle is too frail and Huard is too old. Who knows ? Now I'm just rambling.
    I like Huard also! But he can not move! We need a Qb that can escape pressure, then make a play! I do not have a lot of faith in Croyle, yet. I hope Thigpen come in and wins the job hands down at training camp. Just because, we would have a starting QB, that actually wins the job!

I'll agree that Croyle is pretty small, I can't remember what he weighs. Like 210lbs?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I believe we should keep Huard around. Everyone loved him two years ago when he saved our season coming in for an injured Greene. Now that being said Yeah he didn't do well last year and neither would TOM BRADY with what we had for an o-line. I hope to God Croyle does well and I actually like any of the three to play for us. Remember this , If Croyle went to any team in this league to play which team would have him a starter? He is not our future in my opinion. ( I hope I am Wrong ) . We should have nabbed Quinn Grey when he was up for hire - He went sooo Cheap . He will be a star someday, just wait and see. He had way more talent than anything we have now and is young to boot. We need a superstar and maybe Thigpen will be a sleeper . Croyle is too frail and Huard is too old. Who knows ? Now I'm just rambling.
    I am not down on Huard, I am just saying that we need to find out what we have in our young QBs

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Come on, his name is Grbac, that should be all the proof you guys need on his intelligence at the QB position. I'll take Croyle or Thigpen over Huard anytime.
    I will give Croyle and Thigpen a chance, but if the SuperBowl were tomorrow and the Chiefs were in it, I would want Huard under center. That being said, he is not our future and we need to see who is!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

A lot of what I noticed from Huard last year is that he was fine with protection, like most QBs. He would make nice passes, short, but still, he made them. When things started going bad was when there was pressure.

He would often panic and cause an interception or a fumble. Sacks are a part of the game, though, especially with our O-line. He'll never make it outside of the pocket to throw it away, so really, he needs to just take the sack. That was my only real issue with him. With good protection, he's probably our best guy because of experience. I just think Croyle or Thigpen could do better than Huard because they have a better arm, and have at least SOME mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    A lot of what I noticed from Huard last year is that he was fine with protection, like most QBs. He would make nice passes, short, but still, he made them. When things started going bad was when there was pressure.

He would often panic and cause an interception or a fumble. Sacks are a part of the game, though, especially with our O-line. He'll never make it outside of the pocket to throw it away, so really, he needs to just take the sack. That was my only real issue with him. With good protection, he's probably our best guy because of experience. I just think Croyle or Thigpen could do better than Huard because they have a better arm, and have at least SOME mobility.
    I like the potential upside of Croyle and Thigpen much more than Huard!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am not down on Huard, I am just saying that we need to find out what we have in our young QBs

I will give Croyle and Thigpen a chance, but if the SuperBowl were tomorrow and the Chiefs were in it, I would want Huard under center. That being said, he is not our future and we need to see who is!!

There are many fake Chief fans on that are excited for suck CRoyle and Thigpen.Canada, I'm not calling you a fake but how are you going to mention that Super Bowl comment when it was Croyle that had the rocket arm and the mobility to escape the pocket.Plus he is young but he will also have a fresh L.J. in the backfield with a improved offensive line.Playing the defending AFC Super Bowl contenders Patriots during the first game of the season is like a Super Bowl game.Canada,there has never been a team that missed the playoffs during the previous season and made it to the Super Bowl during the next.I would love to see KC accomplish this never before done record but it won't happen with first year starters in CRoyle or Thigpen.This record is meant for Damon "killer" Huard.Please take notes.I'm a die-hard Chief fan that want the best for our franchise.That's the reason in which I'm so big on Damon concerning this topic.

Actually, a team has made it to the Super bowl, that didn't make the playoffs the previous year! The 1998 Falcons went 14-2, and made it to the Super Bowl to get crushed by the Broncos. The previous year, they went 7-9.

I would love Croyle to be a great quarterback, but from what I've seen last year he isn't. All I hear is how he didn't have a chance because of a weak o line. Well, Huard played with the same line and had better results. I'm not biased against any of them, but from what I've seen Huard is the better qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    There are many fake Chief fans on that are excited for suck CRoyle and Thigpen.Canada, I'm not calling you a fake but how are you going to mention that Super Bowl comment when it was Croyle that had the rocket arm and the mobility to escape the pocket.Plus he is young but he will also have a fresh L.J. in the backfield with a improved offensive line.Playing the defending AFC Super Bowl contenders Patriots during the first game of the season is like a Super Bowl game.Canada,there has never been a team that missed the playoffs during the previous season and made it to the Super Bowl during the next.I would love to see KC accomplish this never before done record but it won't happen with first year starters in CRoyle or Thigpen.This record is meant for Damon "killer" Huard.Please take notes.I'm a die-hard Chief fan that want the best for our franchise.That's the reason in which I'm so big on Damon concerning this topic.
    I start this by saying I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I think most everyone here knows that. However to suggest that Damon Huard should start is just crazy. The team is clearly making a youth movement. They need to find out if one or more of the young QBs on the roster could develop into starting material. The line play should improve this year, but the defense w/o Jared Allen will have to find itself somewhat. I'd argue that the competition should be between Croyle and Thigpen for the starting spot this year. If both fail completely then look around, but Huard should be the last resort.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    that Super Bowl comment when it was Croyle that had the rocket arm and the mobility to escape the pocket.

I think I said that - but I don't think I promised a super bowl.

Damon "killer" Huard
    That is funny!