10 15.63%
  • Ricky Santos

5 7.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle or Thigpen?

Default Croyle or Thigpen?

PFT:

With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.

Thigpen last played on a regular basis at Coastal Carolina, which we didn’t realize even had a football program.

I voted Croyle but I hope that thigpen or santos can pan out. Honestly I have high hopes for that santos kid. He dominated the level he played but thats the problem he played at a lower level but his numbers are impressive no matter what so i think it will be interesting to see what happens. But then again I always use Croyle on madden and he ends up getting good lol let's hope that can happen in RL

I'm sure Herm will get them all a chance to start at least one game this season.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I really don't know why everyone has a problem with Huard. He's clearly the best qb we have until somebody else proves otherwise. Did you see what he did against Detroit when Croyle got hurt? Over 300 yards with no interceptions, not to mention, we got our 4 wins when he started. Croyle has a strong arm, so what, Ryan Leaf did too. Croyle makes too many silly mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    I voted Croyle but I hope that thigpen or santos can pan out. Honestly I have high hopes for that santos kid. He dominated the level he played but thats the problem he played at a lower level but his numbers are impressive no matter what so i think it will be interesting to see what happens. But then again I always use Croyle on madden and he ends up getting good lol let's hope that can happen in RL
    Santos' stats are pretty good but I think we'd need a blocking scheme like New Orleans if he got a shot because of his height.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by chief addict View Post
    I really don't know why everyone has a problem with Huard. He's clearly the best qb we have until somebody else proves otherwise. Did you see what he did against Detroit when Croyle got hurt? Over 300 yards with no interceptions, not to mention, we got our 4 wins when he started. Croyle has a strong arm, so what, Ryan Leaf did too. Croyle makes too many silly mistakes.
    He is a good QB ------ as a backup QB!!!! That IS what he IS.... IMO and his

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    He is a good QB ------ as a backup QB!!!! That IS what he IS.... IMO and his
    He is an even better QB as a starter. But since we aren't trying to win, we may as well just focus on the future.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He is an even better QB as a starter. But since we aren't trying to win, we may as well just focus on the future.
    Exactly... we are trying to win...
    So when he was a starter... it didnt work out - He plays best as a backup when needed. He really does a good job at that too, but when asked to take us all the way - he can't. That is because he is a good backup only. That is his job... always has been.

He is no rich gannon....

So when he was a starter... it didnt work out - He plays best as a backup when needed. He really does a good job at that too, but when asked to take us all the way - he can't. That is because he is a good backup only. That is his job... always has been.

He is no rich gannon....
    Unfortunately.

He is no rich gannon....
    I don't see us doing anything to indicate that we are trying to win.

That, and look at Huards record as our starter. Many think that he played poorly as our starter last season, but it seems that he was doing better than most QBs would have with that offense.

In fact, until he was forced to start throwing deep, his numbers were not horrible. Especially when you take into account the rest of the offense.

I think that because of his overall NFL experience that right now Huard is the better quaterback, but he is not the future. IMO

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast