Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: How to tell if your wife is cheating on you.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default How to tell if your wife is cheating on you.


    0 Not allowed!

    How to Detect Lies


    Become a Lie Detector


    Introduction to Detecting Lies:

    The following techniques to telling if someone is lying are often used by police, and security experts. This knowledge is also useful for managers, employers, and for anyone to use in everyday situations where telling the truth from a lie can help prevent you from being a victim of fraud/scams and other deceptions.
    Warning: Sometimes Ignorance is bliss; after gaining this knowledge, you may be hurt when it is obvious that someone is lying to you.
    Signs of Deception:

    Body Language of Lies:

    • Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space.
    • A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.
    • Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.
    Emotional Gestures & Contradiction

    • Timing and duration of emotional gestures and emotions are off a normal pace. The display of emotion is delayed, stays longer it would naturally, then stops suddenly.
    • Timing is off between emotions gestures/expressions and words. Example: Someone says "I love it!" when receiving a gift, and then smile after making that statement, rather then at the same time the statement is made.
    • Gestures/expressions don’t match the verbal statement, such as frowning when saying “I love you.”
    • Expressions are limited to mouth movements when someone is faking emotions (like happy, surprised, sad, awe, )instead of the whole face. For example; when someone smiles naturally their whole face is involved: jaw/cheek movement, eyes and forehead push down, etc.
    Interactions and Reactions

    • A guilty person gets defensive. An innocent person will often go on the offensive.
    • A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.
    • A liar might unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc.) between themselves and you.

    Verbal Context and Content

    • A liar will use your words to make answer a question. When asked, “Did you eat the last cookie?” The liar answers, “No, I did not eat the last cookie.”
    •A statement with a contraction is more likely to be truthful: “ I didn't do it” instead of “I did not do it”
    • Liars sometimes avoid "lying" by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly.
    • The guilty person may speak more than natural, adding unnecessary details to convince you... they are not comfortable with silence or pauses in the conversation.

    • A liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonous tone. When a truthful statement is made the pronoun is emphasized as much or more than the rest of the words in a statement.
    • Words may be garbled and spoken softly, and syntax and grammar may be off. In other
    words, his sentences will likely be muddled rather than emphasized.

    Other signs of a lie:

    • If you believe someone is lying, then change subject of a conversation quickly, a liar follows along willingly and becomes more relaxed. The guilty wants the subject changed; an innocent person may be confused by the sudden change in topics and will want to back to the previous subject.
    • Using humor or sarcasm to avoid a subject.
    Final Notes:

    Obviously, just because someone exhibits one or more of these signs does not make them a liar. The above behaviors should be compared to a persons base (normal) behavior whenever possible.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #2
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well, gee... This is an uplifting thread.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Well, gee... This is an uplifting thread.
    Liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #4
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't lie. Unless it's convenient.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,967
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 426

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    More useless facts from the world of HH.


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    More useless facts from the world of HH.
    Facts are never useless!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gardner
    Posts
    2,834
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

    How to Detect Lies


    Become a Lie Detector


    Introduction to Detecting Lies:

    The following techniques to telling if someone is lying are often used by police, and security experts. This knowledge is also useful for managers, employers, and for anyone to use in everyday situations where telling the truth from a lie can help prevent you from being a victim of fraud/scams and other deceptions.
    Warning: Sometimes Ignorance is bliss; after gaining this knowledge, you may be hurt when it is obvious that someone is lying to you.
    Signs of Deception:

    Body Language of Lies:

    • Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space.
    • A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.
    • Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.
    Emotional Gestures & Contradiction

    • Timing and duration of emotional gestures and emotions are off a normal pace. The display of emotion is delayed, stays longer it would naturally, then stops suddenly.
    • Timing is off between emotions gestures/expressions and words. Example: Someone says "I love it!" when receiving a gift, and then smile after making that statement, rather then at the same time the statement is made.
    • Gestures/expressions don’t match the verbal statement, such as frowning when saying “I love you.”
    • Expressions are limited to mouth movements when someone is faking emotions (like happy, surprised, sad, awe, )instead of the whole face. For example; when someone smiles naturally their whole face is involved: jaw/cheek movement, eyes and forehead push down, etc.
    Interactions and Reactions

    • A guilty person gets defensive. An innocent person will often go on the offensive.
    • A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.
    • A liar might unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc.) between themselves and you.

    Verbal Context and Content

    • A liar will use your words to make answer a question. When asked, “Did you eat the last cookie?” The liar answers, “No, I did not eat the last cookie.”
    •A statement with a contraction is more likely to be truthful: “ I didn't do it” instead of “I did not do it”
    • Liars sometimes avoid "lying" by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly.
    • The guilty person may speak more than natural, adding unnecessary details to convince you... they are not comfortable with silence or pauses in the conversation.

    • A liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonous tone. When a truthful statement is made the pronoun is emphasized as much or more than the rest of the words in a statement.
    • Words may be garbled and spoken softly, and syntax and grammar may be off. In other
    words, his sentences will likely be muddled rather than emphasized.

    Other signs of a lie:

    • If you believe someone is lying, then change subject of a conversation quickly, a liar follows along willingly and becomes more relaxed. The guilty wants the subject changed; an innocent person may be confused by the sudden change in topics and will want to back to the previous subject.
    • Using humor or sarcasm to avoid a subject.
    Final Notes:

    Obviously, just because someone exhibits one or more of these signs does not make them a liar. The above behaviors should be compared to a persons base (normal) behavior whenever possible.
    this is cool!!!!

    Thanks for the information!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,967
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 426

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Facts are never useless!

    Oh I don't know; the fact that I am old, to me, is pretty useless.


  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    this is cool!!!!

    Thanks for the information!
    Anytime!



    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Oh I don't know; the fact that I am old, to me, is pretty useless.
    But it is useful to me, because I can call you old man!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,967
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 426

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Anytime!





    But it is useful to me, because I can call you old man!

    Are you typing???


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •