Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs draft picks

Default Chiefs draft picks

I am extremely happy about getting Dwayne Bowe from LSU. I wanted him all along. What dissapointed me was the next pick. Turk McBride. He is a tweener DE-DT, but if they wanted that they could have picked up Ray McDonald from Florida. I thought it would be a steal to get Josh Beekman in the third. Nope. The Chiefs took DeMarcus Tyler, wich is a good pick, but still. I thought the Chifs deffinetely going to trade up witht their two 5th rounders when Beekman was on the board late 4th. Instead we spent our two seconds on a running back and a kicker. We finally got Herbert Taylor for the O-Line, but it was far too late. We should have gotten O-Line much earlier. With their 7th pick, it seemed logical to take Travarous Bain or another corner. But a Tight End.
    Overall, I think the draft was average, not too bad because they came away with Bowe and Tyler.

But how different will we look at this draft if we are able to add an additional OL via trade. Corners can hold up for another year or so. I know that nobody on here likes Mcbride, I have seen him play twice- he's a hustler. He tore his bicept towards the end of last year, and still came to play when they needed him in there. It seems like they are going for straight toughness. Herm always says "football players" he wants guys who love the game. We filled some holes, there was no way to fill all of the needs we had with our draft picks, I wish we would have jumped up to get Beekman but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    But how different will we look at this draft if we are able to add an additional OL via trade. Corners can hold up for another year or so. I know that nobody on here likes Mcbride, I have seen him play twice- he's a hustler. He tore his bicept towards the end of last year, and still came to play when they needed him in there. It seems like they are going for straight toughness. Herm always says "football players" he wants guys who love the game. We filled some holes, there was no way to fill all of the needs we had with our draft picks, I wish we would have jumped up to get Beekman but oh well

True; just not the most prudent.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    HUGE!!
    Yeah, IF frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their bellies, Hee, Hee!!

:character0011: Hey, Yahoo gave me a B for my draft picking!!
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    We won't be adding an O-lineman with any real talent. Herm doesn't believe in the offensive line. That is why Chad Pennington never played a full season with him as the head coach of the Jets.

Manginis first order of business, when he joined the Jets, was to draft the best O-linemen available, to protect him. Viola! Pennington had a very successful and complete season.

Herm came to Kansas City, inheritting the best O-line in the NFL. Although, they were, clearly, an aging group, obviously, on the verge of retirement. He has had two drafts, with which to address the situation, this one, after the retirement of the two premier guys, in that group. His only response to this situation, has been to find a second rate OT, through free agency and use a sixth round draft choice, on a guy who played against low-level competition. Of course you could also include a few long-shot "projects", as well.

This was a team that nobody wanted to play, two seasons ago. Now, we are the next best thing, to a bye week. Two seasons ago, the Chiefs were capable of beating any team, anywhere. Now, I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    We won't be adding an O-lineman with any real talent. Herm doesn't believe in the offensive line. That is why Chad Pennington never played a full season with him as the head coach of the Jets.

Manginis first order of business, when he joined the Jets, was to draft the best O-linemen available, to protect him. Viola! Pennington had a very successful and complete season.

Herm came to Kansas City, inheritting the best O-line in the NFL. Although, they were, clearly, an aging group, obviously, on the verge of retirement. He has had two drafts, with which to address the situation, this one, after the retirement of the two premier guys, in that group. His only response to this situation, has been to find a second rate OT, through free agency and use a sixth round draft choice, on a guy who played against low-level competition. Of course you could also include a few long-shot "projects", as well.

This was a team that nobody wanted to play, two seasons ago. Now, we are the next best thing, to a bye week. Two seasons ago, the Chiefs were capable of beating any team, anywhere. Now, I guess we'll see.
    Yeah, the decline of the Chiefs has been almost as depressing as the decline of respect they now get. No primetime games next year and the Chiefs were not more than a pause in this weekend's draft. No respect.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yeah, the decline of the Chiefs has been almost as depressing as the decline of respect they now get. No primetime games next year and the Chiefs were not more than a pause in this weekend's draft. No respect.

...At all; we are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12