Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs draft picks

Default Chiefs draft picks

I am extremely happy about getting Dwayne Bowe from LSU. I wanted him all along. What dissapointed me was the next pick. Turk McBride. He is a tweener DE-DT, but if they wanted that they could have picked up Ray McDonald from Florida. I thought it would be a steal to get Josh Beekman in the third. Nope. The Chiefs took DeMarcus Tyler, wich is a good pick, but still. I thought the Chifs deffinetely going to trade up witht their two 5th rounders when Beekman was on the board late 4th. Instead we spent our two seconds on a running back and a kicker. We finally got Herbert Taylor for the O-Line, but it was far too late. We should have gotten O-Line much earlier. With their 7th pick, it seemed logical to take Travarous Bain or another corner. But a Tight End.
    Overall, I think the draft was average, not too bad because they came away with Bowe and Tyler.

I felt that the draft was well below average, IMO.

Well below is where I think we are. After last year, I remember thinking how great Herm looked on draft day and it seemed like everything fit and you could see it working. Today, nothing but questions.

I don't like Bowe in the first round. Herm keeps talking about how great Hannon and Webb will be. Does this now mean that one of the three receivers we have (besides Kennison) is on the way out (Parker / Webb / Hannon)?

Anyway - if no one is saying today what a great draft this was, then it sucks. Only if 4 or 5 of these guys play opening day do we have to eat our words....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    Well below is where I think we are. After last year, I remember thinking how great Herm looked on draft day and it seemed like everything fit and you could see it working. Today, nothing but questions.

I don't like Bowe in the first round. Herm keeps talking about how great Hannon and Webb will be. Does this now mean that one of the three receivers we have (besides Kennison) is on the way out (Parker / Webb / Hannon)?

Anyway - if no one is saying today what a great draft this was, then it sucks. Only if 4 or 5 of these guys play opening day do we have to eat our words....
    I do this on an almost daily bases so it is, for me, not a new experience. :p

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post

That wont be enough, for me. Herm wants these guys to play, otherwise he would have to admit that he made mistakes. Watching him "force" his guys onto the field, certainly won't convince me. I will give these guys a fair chance, but I want to see what we have. Even then, I still wouldn't be able to give a high grade on this draft. Refusal to address your problematic areas, is a failure, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That wont be enough, for me. Herm wants these guys to play, otherwise he would have to admit that he made mistakes. Watching him "force" his guys onto the field, certainly won't convince me. I will give these guys a fair chance, but I want to see what we have. Even then, I still wouldn't be able to give a high grade on this draft. Refusal to address your problematic areas, is a failure, to me.
    …If for no other reason then to provide the team with viable backups in the event that you trade to gain quality players to fill the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    …If for no other reason then to provide the team with viable backups in the event that you trade to gain quality players to fill the holes.
    True enough, Chiefster. but, that's a IF.

True enough, Chiefster. but, that's a IF.
    HUGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    HUGE!!
    Lol.I see you got it.

Lol.I see you got it.

ROFL! Yeah, sometimes you have to SPELL it out for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast