Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you even do with 65 pounds of catfish?

Default What do you even do with 65 pounds of catfish?

I like catfish deep fried, but holy crap!!!

N. Texas Man Reels In 65-Pound Catfish

LEWISVILLE LAKE (CBS 11 News) ― A local man has a fish story that probably beats any tales his friends can tell--and he has the picture to prove it's true.

Royce Coker, of The Colony, was trolling for sand bass with a rod and reel at Lewisville Lake yesterday.

Coker says he thought his line was caught on something--but then he realized that "something" was pulling back.

After 45 minutes of fighting, Coker says he landed a monster of a fish: a 65-pound channel catfish.

Coker was in a 16-foot bass boat, and he says he had a hard time pulling it into the boat.

Texas Parks and Wildlife says if the catch is verified, it would be a new record for the lake. The previous record-holder weighed just 22 and a half pounds.

http://cbs11tv.com/pets/catfish.lewi....2.720376.html

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

looks like a nice piece of halibut bait to me!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    looks like a nice piece of halibut bait to me!
    Deep sea fishing!

Right on!

I want to try that someday!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

some of the best right here in Cook Inlet!!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    some of the best right here in Cook Inlet!!
    Have you ever caught a shark?

That is one huge mudsucker!!! I personally hate catfish... it tastes like mud to me ....

I will stick with my crappie

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    That is one huge mudsucker!!! I personally hate catfish... it tastes like mud to me ....

I will stick with my crappie
    Mmmm... crappie...

Been deep sea fishing a couple times, but both times for Rock fish (cod, etc.) Good times, caught our limit both times.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I like catfish deep fried, but holy crap!!!
    That's a nice catch, I have caught bigger ones out the Missouri river, I caught 2, one 75 pounds and the other 69. I caught a 50 pounder in the Osage river down around Jefferson City once too.

What do you do with them? Well these big guys are not the best eating of the bunch, but you have a big fish fry with them.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    That's a nice catch, I have caught bigger ones out the Missouri river, I caught 2, one 75 pounds and the other 69. I caught a 50 pounder in the Osage river down around Jefferson City once too.

What do you do with them? Well these big guys are not the best eating of the bunch, but you have a big fish fry with them.
    I have not done this, or caught a cat fish anywhere close to that! But I was told at one time that you can put them in a tank of water, if still alive, for a period of time and flush out the muddy taste, any truth to that?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast