Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings

Default Power Rankings

I get it...it's only May, but WTF....

ESPN has us at #30.

Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Wow, now I am officially the most pessimistic member of the board. heh. I agree with ESPNs take.
    I accept that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    I generally agree with this, but I definitely think the Chiefs will be improved, jumping them from #30 for sure.

If Albert is average to good, the offense should be drastically better. If he is average to below average, they will be about the same.

I don't see how the defense can be worse, and they were decent last year.

I don't see how they can be any worse than 5-11 (without looking at the schedule), and could see an 7-9 to 9-7 type year.
    I have very little faith in either side of the ball improving. The offensive line gained a rookie OG that is going to be expected to play OT, and nothing else has been done to show that this team is serious about improving the o-line.

And defensively, without a pass-rush, it is rather easy to see how our defense could decline. Jared Allen carried our defense alot last season, and now he is gone.

Although, it is far from inconcievable that both side could improve.

The offense has almost nowhere else to go, but up. And the rest of the NFL might actually not notice that we are suddenly weaker in pass defense, and continually try to shove it where it doesn't fit. Or, maybe Herm can get pressure from a bunch of DTs, the same way Lovie Smith did with the Bears a couple of years ago.

I understand where one could see an improved team, but I, along with most non-Chiefs-fans, can see how things could get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I accept that challenge.
    I have very little faith in either side of the ball improving. The offensive line gained a rookie OG that is going to be expected to play OT, and nothing else has been done to show that this team is serious about improving the o-line.

And defensively, without a pass-rush, it is rather easy to see how our defense could decline. Jared Allen carried our defense alot last season, and now he is gone.

The offense has almost nowhere else to go, but up. And the rest of the NFL might actually not notice that we are suddenly weaker in pass defense, and continually try to shove it where it doesn't fit. Or, maybe Herm can get pressure from a bunch of DTs, the same way Lovie Smith did with the Bears a couple of years ago.

I understand where one could see an improved team, but I, along with most non-Chiefs-fans, can see how things could get worse.
    You also forgot to mention special teams. We currently have no kicker and anyone we are likely to get is not going to be of the calibre that we can call on to get us out of a jam. What does that mean? More missed scoring opportunities and games lost be less then two points.

We also have no one tried and tested as a return guy, even if one of these rookies steps up, or perhaps Webb can do it, we are still going to be questionable in the blocking arena. What does that mean? It means poor fied position on kickoffs regular, poor decisions on returns and likely some turnovers to boot.

Gretz had an article about this very thing last week. I am sure you all have seen it.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05...ams_questions/

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I accept that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    You also forgot to mention special teams. We currently have no kicker and anyone we are likely to get is not going to be of the calibre that we can call on to get us out of a jam. What does that mean? More missed scoring opportunities and games lost be less then two points.

We also have no one tried and tested as a return guy, even if one of these rookies steps up, or perhaps Webb can do it, we are still going to be questionable in the blocking arena. What does that mean? It means poor fied position on kickoffs regular, poor decisions on returns and likely some turnovers to boot.

Gretz had an article about this very thing last week. I am sure you all have seen it.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05...ams_questions/
    OH MY GOD!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Y'all are right....the Chiefs will probably be the worst team in the league. Thank God too.... at least we'll be able to draft Tebow or Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

ESPN has us at #30.

Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.
    HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning!!!! You think they will improve 6 games from last season huh??? 30 is about right but the bad thing is I think the Dolphins who are rated below us will be better than us!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Y'all are right....the Chiefs will probably be the worst team in the league. Thank God too.... at least we'll be able to draft Tebow or Stafford.
    Yeah!!! Especially since we will likely be starting Testevere by seasons end.

Thankfully, Herm Edwards will be gone by then, and maybe we can get a head coach who know a little something about the offensive line. But we will need a QB anyway, as all of the ones that we have now may be retired.

Yeah!!! Especially since we will likely be starting Testaverde by seasons end.

Thankfully, Herm Edwards will be gone by then, and maybe we can get a head coach who know a little something about the offensive line. But we will need a QB anyway, as all of the ones that we have now may be retired.
    FYP and .

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

ESPN has us at #30.

The Broncos, Charges, Raiders have easier schedules than we do as they are ranked in the bottom four with the patriots having the easiest. So lets not put the cart before the horse so to speak. Let us, also, not forget that Herm Edwards is the coach, say what you want he plays .500 ball, and until he proves otherwise there's not much you can convince me of.

Sounds good, keeps us under the radar and we can go all the way... (I'm more of a glass half-full kind of guy.)

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    The Broncos, Charges, Raiders have easier schedules than we do as they are ranked in the bottom four with the patriots having the easiest. So lets not put the cart before the horse so to speak. Let us, also, not forget that Herm Edwards is the coach, say what you want he plays .500 ball, and until he proves otherwise there's not much you can convince me of.
    Well if he plays .500 ball he owes y'all about a 13-3 season at this point.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Well if he plays .500 ball he owes y'all about a 13-3 season at this point.
    I fully endorse this idea. We should implement it immediately.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast