Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings

Default Power Rankings

I get it...it's only May, but WTF....

ESPN has us at #30.

Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I'll disagree and put a $20 on that.
    Only $20? That's not a confident bet. How bout $200 at least?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Same team without a pass-rush. What makes them better?

Getting a rookie OG and forcing him to play OT doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to the worst offensive line in football to me.
    I'm sure having LJ out had nothing to do with any of those losses either, right? How bout a steady QB? A consistent, healthy Oline? Old CBs?

As great as our pass rush was last year with Allen, we still only won 4 games. I also think you're not giving Hali enough credit. I think he'll get to the QB enough to make our pass rush still formidable along with Tank and Dorsey up the middle. To say that we're going to be "without a pass rush" is a little excessive. Allen wasn't the only person causing Pressure. Allen benefitted from Hali's flushing of the QB to him quite often.

The O-line should be ok as long as we don't start Turley. lol

If these guys can play together, they should gel just fine and provide a MUCH better line than last years. It's always doom and gloom on this board.

Bottom line, i don't care how bad the offense is, it's very rare that a top 10 defense misses the playoffs. And right now, the Chiefs are on the verge of having a top ten defense. The drop off from Allen to Hali isn't so big that it would make this defense plummet from 13 to any worse. Then, factor in that we will have Dorsey, a more athletic OLB and a new CB or maybe even two and this defense definitely isn't going to be any worse than they were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Thats NOT EVEN funny!!!!
    Actually it is funny...but if there was any truth to it, then the humor would disappear.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Actually it is funny...but if there was any truth to it, then the humor would disappear.
    It's the chiefs. Anythings possible when it comes to personnel decisions.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I'm sure having LJ out had nothing to do with any of those losses either, right? How bout a steady QB? A consistent, healthy Oline? Old CBs?

The running game was better without L.J. We have some steady QB this season, do we? And old CBs that did a very good job, overall.

As great as our pass rush was last year with Allen, we still only won 4 games. I also think you're not giving Hali enough credit.

Hali doesn't get to the QB. Jared Allen chases the QB to Hali.

I think he'll get to the QB enough to make our pass rush still formidable along with Tank and Dorsey up the middle.

Anything can happen.

To say that we're going to be "without a pass rush" is a little excessive.

Far from as excessive as thinking that Hali is going to get to the QB against LTs when he couldn't do it against RTs.

Allen wasn't the only person causing Pressure. Allen benefitted from Hali's flushing of the QB to him quite often.

Don't just read what Gunther tells the press. Watch the games. That is a backward statement.

The O-line should be ok as long as we don't start Turley. lol

Amazingly, Turley was actually one of the better o-linemen that we had last season, behind Waters and Tosh. (Wiegmann doesn't fit the system.) His innability to play was his biggest problem. That led to Terry and Svitek getting P.T.

If these guys can play together, they should gel just fine and provide a MUCH better line than last years. It's always doom and gloom on this board.

Just like last year... If this band of whatever we can scrape-up can gel, then we will have a decent o-line. That didn't sound very convincing last year, and it doesn't sound much better this year.

Bottom line, i don't care how bad the offense is, it's very rare that a top 10 defense misses the playoffs. And right now, the Chiefs are on the verge of having a top ten defense. The drop off from Allen to Hali isn't so big that it would make this defense plummet from 13 to any worse. Then, factor in that we will have Dorsey, a more athletic OLB and a new CB or maybe even two and this defense definitely isn't going to be any worse than they were last year.
    Not that I am saying it is impossible. Anything is possible. But the drop-off from Allen to Hali looks a whole lot bigger than what you want it to be. Allen was a league-leader in FFs, he was a freak for batting-down passes too.

I like Hali. He is a decent football player, and yes... Maybe he can surprise me. But from the information available, he has no business being asked to create pressure on opposing QBs. That just isn't what he does.

And I find it hard to believe that you are so thrilled to be playing a rookie and Surtain over Law and Surtain. I certainly don't see how that is supposed to be an improvement for this season.

I have three kids and a military paycheck.

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I hope we do make the playoffs but there are a lot of questions that need to be answered this season. We haven't seen a lot of the players on our team play on a consistent basis.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I gotta agree with texas about our defense here. I think Chief31 is underestimating Hali.

I do remember Hali flushing the QB back fairly consistently. Which bought an extra moment for Jared to get off a double-team and make a play.

He's not as good at getting his hands on the QB or FF's as Jared but he still creates havoc in the backfield.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I gotta agree with texas about our defense here. I think Chief31 is underestimating Hali.

I do remember Hali flushing the QB back fairly consistently. Which bought an extra moment for Jared to get off a double-team and make a play.

He's not as good at getting his hands on the QB or FF's as Jared but he still creates havoc in the backfield.
    The problem is now Jared isn't drawing that double team, and if Dorsey doesn't demand the double team with his play, Hali will get it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The problem is now Jared isn't drawing that double team, and if Dorsey doesn't demand the double team with his play, Hali will get it.
    This is true. However, I think our run defense will be good enough with Dorsey to force teams into obvious passing situations, creating opportunities for not only Tamba, but our corners as well.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

There's no effing way the Chiefs are in the top ten in next year's draft. Keep dreaming.
    You're probably right. The Chiefs will pick 11th next year.

No proven impact players have been brought in yet. We just got rid of the only real consistent impact player on defense and replaced him with an unproven rookie.

The team is still in control of a .464 career head coach.

The team is still in the hands of Peterson.

I see this team going 7-9 this year. But playoffs? Let's all be real here.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I'll take 7-9, to be honest. The biggest problem the defense had last year is run defense, that should be almost completely taken care of with Dorsey.

Our secondary is a question mark, but hopefully Hali and one or both of our new corners can come through for us!
    Our offense will be improved next year, but not very significant. We were like 31st overall offense last year? I can see us jumping to around 25th.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast