Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 117

Thread: Power Rankings

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default Power Rankings


    0 Not allowed!
    I get it...it's only May, but WTF....

    ESPN has us at #30.

    Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

    After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.

  2. #51
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 421

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'll take 7-9, to be honest. The biggest problem the defense had last year is run defense, that should be almost completely taken care of with Dorsey.

    Our secondary is a question mark, but hopefully Hali and one or both of our new corners can come through for us!
    Our offense will be improved next year, but not very significant. We were like 31st overall offense last year? I can see us jumping to around 25th.

    ...Seems to be Carls MO; can't fill one hole without creating another.


  3. #52
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Not that I am saying it is impossible. Anything is possible. But the drop-off from Allen to Hali looks a whole lot bigger than what you want it to be. Allen was a league-leader in FFs, he was a freak for batting-down passes too.

    I like Hali. He is a decent football player, and yes... Maybe he can surprise me. But from the information available, he has no business being asked to create pressure on opposing QBs. That just isn't what he does.

    And I find it hard to believe that you are so thrilled to be playing a rookie and Surtain over Law and Surtain. I certainly don't see how that is supposed to be an improvement for this season.
    Believe it or not, Law and Surtain were once rookies too. How could you possibly know whether or not Flowers or Carr could play as well or better than the old guys? Surtain was a 2nd round pick just like Flowers. I would be freakin ECSTATIC if we started at least one rookie this season.

    In what fantasy world did Surtain and Law play well? Just because we had the #5 pass defense doesn't mean our corners were studs. There's a reason Law isn't signed yet. Surtain wouldn't be either if he didn't have the contract he does.

    I think you were watching a completely different team than everyone else. You say our corners were good and Hali basically is a bust. As a Left DE, your job is containment. You can't have two speed rushers on the edges because it opens yourself up to draws and screens. Hali's job wasn't always to get to the QB like Allen.

    You're also not giving enough credit to Dorsey. If you wanna talk about freaks, this guy is cut in the mold of a Warren Sapp and could possibly be the best defensive player to come out of college in the last 5 years. If anyone on that D-Line is going to get a double team, it's going to be Dorsey.

    This defense is going to be really good.

  4. #53
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Believe it or not, Law and Surtain were once rookies too.

    And, believe it or not, neither of them had their best season as rookies.

    How could you possibly know whether or not Flowers or Carr could play as well or better than the old guys?

    The same way that you "Know" that they will be so much better as rookies than Law and Surtain. I don't.

    Surtain was a 2nd round pick just like Flowers. I would be freakin ECSTATIC if we started at least one rookie this season.

    So would I! But I don't put huge expectations on someone who will be learning on the fly.

    In what fantasy world did Surtain and Law play well? Just because we had the #5 pass defense doesn't mean our corners were studs. There's a reason Law isn't signed yet.

    Age, maybe? He got alot of undeserved flack lst season, as did Surtain.

    Surtain wouldn't be either if he didn't have the contract he does.

    I think you were watching a completely different team than everyone else. You say our corners were good and Hali basically is a bust.

    Is it easier to win an argument when you can invent what the oppositions opinion is? I have said repeatedly that I like Hali, but that he is not a speed-rusher. If that makes him a bust, then sure... run with it.

    As a Left DE, your job is containment. You can't have two speed rushers on the edges because it opens yourself up to draws and screens.

    Are you going to be the one to go tell the world champs about that piece of information?

    Hali's job wasn't always to get to the QB like Allen.

    You're also not giving enough credit to Dorsey. If you wanna talk about freaks, this guy is cut in the mold of a Warren Sapp and could possibly be the best defensive player to come out of college in the last 5 years.

    I like Dorsey alot. But you have got to stop projecting on the guy. Warren Sapp was a freak of a prospect at a level that hasn't been approached since. At least not at DT.

    If anyone on that D-Line is going to get a double team, it's going to be Dorsey.

    At least we hope.

    This defense is going to be really good.
    Mario Williams was a freakish prospect at DE and the fact is that, more often than not, the adjustment to the pro level takes a little while. I expect big things from Dorsey, but not immediately. But again, it is possible that he will be able to pick it up immediately. Just not something that I count on.

  5. #54
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'll take 7-9, to be honest. The biggest problem the defense had last year is run defense, that should be almost completely taken care of with Dorsey.

    Our secondary is a question mark, but hopefully Hali and one or both of our new corners can come through for us!
    Our offense will be improved next year, but not very significant. We were like 31st overall offense last year? I can see us jumping to around 25th.
    It's going to be whether or not our O-line can gel. The defense is going to be better. I know Dorsey is a rookie but you have to like the rotation we'll have a lot better than last year. Actually it's going to be whether or not this team can gel. Good " D" bolsters good "O" and vice versa. If Bowe, Brodie and Gonzales start reading the same page...7-9 is not unrealistic


  6. #55
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    It's going to be whether or not our O-line can gel. The defense is going to be better. I know Dorsey is a rookie but you have to like the rotation we'll have a lot better than last year. Actually it's going to be whether or not this team can gel. Good " D" bolsters good "O" and vice versa. If Bowe, Brodie and Gonzales start reading the same page...7-9 is not unrealistic
    7-9 IS unrealistic!

  7. #56
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    7-9 IS unrealistic!
    Yeah, you're right. We will be 4-12 again. The Giants will win the superbowl and the pats will have another perfect regular season. Come on, man. This is the NFL where good teams fall flat and crappy teams improve year to year. Nothing is set in stone and I think we have a good chance of getting close to .500 ball. 7-9 actually sounds fairly realistic to me, concerning Herm's coaching record.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  8. #57
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We have like 8 or 9 games against teams that were below .500 last year. And you don't think we can win 7 games this year? Come on.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #58
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Yeah, you're right. We will be 4-12 again. The Giants will win the superbowl and the pats will have another perfect regular season. Come on, man. This is the NFL where good teams fall flat and crappy teams improve year to year. Nothing is set in stone and I think we have a good chance of getting close to .500 ball. 7-9 actually sounds fairly realistic to me, concerning Herm's coaching record.
    And some how your still excited about the possibility of another losing season!!!!! Amazing! 4-12 or 7-9, it's all the same! No playoffs and we have to wait ANOTHER year, as if the last 5,6,7 years haven't been long enough, to possibly be done rebuilding and have a chance at progressing deep into the playoffs giving the team a chance to get to the Superbowl! No playoffs and 1 and done's have worn me out!!!! Ownership, GM, coaches or the players, whoever is to blame, I'm so very tired of my favorite team in all of sports getting their asses handed to them year in and year out! Tired of my team being one of the laughing stocks in the league in other teams, other fans and commentators eyes! Hell in my eyes!!!!!! It's pathetic! The fact that we had a good draft does nothing for my expectations as we have had good drafts in the past and I am STILL writing this post! I also tired of watching other teams , not all, but several teams that have been prolificly bad in the past decade, do the RIGHT things to improve their teams yet we continue to struggle!

    WE ARE THE KANSAS CITY FRICKEN CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a franchise that throughout the history of the game of football has been synonymis with fielding a good team! Only 1 Superbowl 8000 years ago but 1 none the less! Owners, players and fans alike know that we are suppose to be one of the elite organizations yet for the last several years, we seem to struggle to live up to the expectations that we once demanded and deserved and seem to be satisfied with whatever happens win OR LOSE!!!!!!

    So you keep being satisfied with the remote possibility that we will end up a .500 team and I will keep my expectations high as I always have and will not lower them to accept anything less than a trip deep into the playoffs! Everyone is allowed to have their opinion of a true fan and everyone can have their own standards and expectations for our team. This is MY definition of a fan: Someone who cheers for their team no matter the circumstances or outcome of a game or season but someone who holds their team in the highest reguard and will settle for nothing less than the best. While realizing that every game or season can not be succesful but at the same time wanting more. Expecting their team AND organization to do everything they can to put a productive and succesful team on the field each and every game.

    In my opinion, we have failed to live up to this definition. I will not faulter as a fan and will continue to cheer each and every game but as I said before, will always expect more until we reach our goal of SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 05-23-2008 at 01:20 PM.

  10. #59
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We have like 8 or 9 games against teams that were below .500 last year. And you don't think we can win 7 games this year? Come on.
    Refresh my memory on your expected record for last season.

  11. #60
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    definitely not a number 30 team!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •