Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings

Default Power Rankings

I get it...it's only May, but WTF....

ESPN has us at #30.

Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by legacysports View Post
    definitely not a number 30 team!
    But certainly not a playoff team either.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    And some how your still excited about the possibility of another losing season!!!!! Amazing! 4-12 or 7-9, it's all the same! No playoffs and we have to wait ANOTHER year, as if the last 5,6,7 years haven't been long enough, to possibly be done rebuilding and have a chance at progressing deep into the playoffs giving the team a chance to get to the Superbowl! No playoffs and 1 and done's have worn me out!!!! Ownership, GM, coaches or the players, whoever is to blame, I'm so very tired of my favorite team in all of sports getting their asses handed to them year in and year out! Tired of my team being one of the laughing stocks in the league in other teams, other fans and commentators eyes! Hell in my eyes!!!!!! It's pathetic! The fact that we had a good draft does nothing for my expectations as we have had good drafts in the past and I am STILL writing this post! I also tired of watching other teams , not all, but several teams that have been prolificly bad in the past decade, do the RIGHT things to improve their teams yet we continue to struggle!

WE ARE THE KANSAS CITY FRICKEN CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a franchise that throughout the history of the game of football has been synonymis with fielding a good team! Only 1 Superbowl 8000 years ago but 1 none the less! Owners, players and fans alike know that we are suppose to be one of the elite organizations yet for the last several years, we seem to struggle to live up to the expectations that we once demanded and deserved and seem to be satisfied with whatever happens win OR LOSE!!!!!!

So you keep being satisfied with the remote possibility that we will end up a .500 team and I will keep my expectations high as I always have and will not lower them to accept anything less than a trip deep into the playoffs! Everyone is allowed to have their opinion of a true fan and everyone can have their own standards and expectations for our team. This is MY definition of a fan: Someone who cheers for their team no matter the circumstances or outcome of a game or season but someone who holds their team in the highest reguard and will settle for nothing less than the best. While realizing that every game or season can not be succesful but at the same time wanting more. Expecting their team AND organization to do everything they can to put a productive and succesful team on the field each and every game.

In my opinion, we have failed to live up to this definition. I will not faulter as a fan and will continue to cheer each and every game but as I said before, will always expect more until we reach our goal of SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!
    ME TO!!!

And some how your still excited about the possibility of another losing season!!!!! Amazing! 4-12 or 7-9, it's all the same! No playoffs and we have to wait ANOTHER year, as if the last 5,6,7 years haven't been long enough, to possibly be done rebuilding and have a chance at progressing deep into the playoffs giving the team a chance to get to the Superbowl! No playoffs and 1 and done's have worn me out!!!! Ownership, GM, coaches or the players, whoever is to blame, I'm so very tired of my favorite team in all of sports getting their asses handed to them year in and year out! Tired of my team being one of the laughing stocks in the league in other teams, other fans and commentators eyes! Hell in my eyes!!!!!! It's pathetic! The fact that we had a good draft does nothing for my expectations as we have had good drafts in the past and I am STILL writing this post! I also tired of watching other teams , not all, but several teams that have been prolificly bad in the past decade, do the RIGHT things to improve their teams yet we continue to struggle!

WE ARE THE KANSAS CITY FRICKEN CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a franchise that throughout the history of the game of football has been synonymis with fielding a good team! Only 1 Superbowl 8000 years ago but 1 none the less! Owners, players and fans alike know that we are suppose to be one of the elite organizations yet for the last several years, we seem to struggle to live up to the expectations that we once demanded and deserved and seem to be satisfied with whatever happens win OR LOSE!!!!!!

So you keep being satisfied with the remote possibility that we will end up a .500 team and I will keep my expectations high as I always have and will not lower them to accept anything less than a trip deep into the playoffs! Everyone is allowed to have their opinion of a true fan and everyone can have their own standards and expectations for our team. This is MY definition of a fan: Someone who cheers for their team no matter the circumstances or outcome of a game or season but someone who holds their team in the highest reguard and will settle for nothing less than the best. While realizing that every game or season can not be succesful but at the same time wanting more. Expecting their team AND organization to do everything they can to put a productive and succesful team on the field each and every game.

In my opinion, we have failed to live up to this definition. I will not faulter as a fan and will continue to cheer each and every game but as I said before, will always expect more until we reach our goal of SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not excited about a 7-9 season. I'm just saying it seems realistic, IMO. Good post, BTW.

I'll be cheering with ya bro. No matter what happens.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Refresh my memory on your expected record for last season.
    Oh well, if I was wrong last year then you are most definitely right by default. I assume you did predict playoffs in Herms first year too right?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Don't hold back DH, tell us how you really feel.

Agreed, BTW.

If we're going on our predictions from last season, here's mine:

Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the tenth week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
    THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.

We got the high draft pick, just not the QB yet. Maybe next year. lol

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

Cause in the middle of the season we were first in the AFC West. At least you waited until the end of the season to say it.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Oh well, if I was wrong last year then you are most definitely right by default. I assume you did predict playoffs in Herms first year too right?
    On the contrary! My predictions were far lower than yours as they have been before and are this season I'm assuming.

On the contrary! My predictions were far lower than yours as they have been before and are this season I'm assuming.
    So you are only guessing too then. Or do you only say I told Ya so when you are right?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Cause in the middle of the season we were first in the AFC West. At least you waited until the end of the season to say it.
    notice that was right about the time we lost LJ.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast