Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings

Default Power Rankings

I get it...it's only May, but WTF....

ESPN has us at #30.

Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    notice that was right about the time we lost LJ.
    Yeah...point being?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So you are only guessing too then. Or do you only say I told Ya so when you are right?
    First off I never said I told ya so and second, I like all of us are guessing. I don't let my love for the team cloud the realization of how good or bad the team will be. I base my expectations on offseason moves and current player evaluation. It's just my opinion thats all.

If we're going on our predictions from last season, here's mine:

Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the tenth week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
    THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.

We got the high draft pick, just not the QB yet. Maybe next year. lol
    ok, nostradomus....

I agree that we need to get rid of CP, but when u start this "playing for picks" crap, it all becomes greek to me...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yeah...point being?
    If he can stay healthy for a full season, we should be right back in the middle of things...especially with a better Oline and a couple defense upgrades.

As i said when i started this thread, there's no way in hell we're a #30 team. There's also no way in hell we're picking in the top 5 or 10 in next year's draft.

If he can stay healthy for a full season, we should be right back in the middle of things...especially with a better Oline and a couple defense upgrades.

As i said when i started this thread, there's no way in hell we're a #30 team. There's also no way in hell we're picking in the top 5 or 10 in next year's draft.
    Gotcha
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I can agree with that

You don't think the Chiefs will have a top 10 pick next season?

I don't think we'll be top 10, but definitely top 15.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Probably weren't too many people saying we'd only win 4 games last year.

I love this team but I've lost all confidence in Herm Edwards and big dummy Carl.

If all the parts come together that they put in motion so far, we'll probably still only muster up a 9-7 season at best. But there has been a lot of player movement this off season and Herm and Carl's mentality is we're "rebuilding" this season. If they were in it to win this year or even next, Jared Allen would have been signed.
    They shed him on the notion of planning for the future.

My hope is always that we kick butt. But you can't go from a 4-12 team last year to playoffs the next. Just doesn't happen without signing a bunch of seasoned impact players.

LJ's season to re-prove himself is coming. With Kolby Smith and now Jamal Charles sitting in the wings, he's got, at best, the first six or seven games to pull his head out of his @ss before he's benched. Smith proved he could get the job done and Charles is a stud RB who can't be caught once he breaks the line.

Hell, I'd like to break at least .500, but I think we'll go 7-9 or 6-10.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Probably weren't too many people saying we'd only win 4 games last year.

I love this team but I've lost all confidence in Herm Edwards and big dummy Carl.

If all the parts come together that they put in motion so far, we'll probably still only muster up a 9-7 season at best. But there has been a lot of player movement this off season and Herm and Carl's mentality is we're "rebuilding" this season. If they were in it to win this year or even next, Jared Allen would have been signed.
    They shed him on the notion of planning for the future.

My hope is always that we kick butt. But you can't go from a 4-12 team last year to playoffs the next. Just doesn't happen without signing a bunch of seasoned impact players.

LJ's season to re-prove himself is coming. With Kolby Smith and now Jamal Charles sitting in the wings, he's got, at best, the first six or seven games to pull his head out of his @ss before he's benched. Smith proved he could get the job done and Charles is a stud RB who can't be caught once he breaks the line.

Hell, I'd like to break at least .500, but I think we'll go 7-9 or 6-10.
    CYA on their part, and if we do happen to have a successful season then they can attribute it all to their "rebuilding" mentality while in the mean time downplaying highier expectations because it's a "rebuilding year".

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast