Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: Power Rankings

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,770
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 51

    Default Power Rankings


    0 Not allowed!
    I get it...it's only May, but WTF....

    ESPN has us at #30.

    Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

    After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I fully endorse this idea. We should implement it immediately.
    Realize I never stated that Herm Edwards was capable of coaching .500 ball. He's significantly below .500 for his career. I just did the math...first 2 seasons add up well below .500 require one great season to overcome the average.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I get it...it's only May, but WTF....

    ESPN has us at #30.

    Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

    After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.
    With the chiefs trading Allen, don't be surprised if the defense takes a step back next season. I think we picked up some good players in the draft, but it's going to take time for them to get up to speed. Before the trade I was thinking that with Allen in the defense they will at least keep us in the game. But I'm not so sure now, unless Hali, Tank, Turk and Dorsey can put pressure on the QB our secondary will be exposed, especially at the CB spots. I was counting on the defense to keep us close and give the offense a chance to get up to speed, but it might be 2009 before we see results of our defensive draft picks and if that's the case then the offense is going to be playing catch up a lot and passing a lot as well. It would of been nice to have Allen alongside of Dorsey for a nice one, two punch. I just think we're going to miss Allen a lot more than what the Chiefs are letting on.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We are definitely going to be missing Allen, but I think the Chiefs can rebound under the leadership of the new coordinators.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  5. #24
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    My response to some of these thoughts:

    Looking at the Chief's schedule, I think fans should expect a 6 win season. If the team finishes above that record, Herm Edwards should get real credit for getting a bunch of young players to play up to or above their potential very quickly. In order for that to happen, Croyle will have to step up and work out, Johnson will have to remain healthy, at least one member of the offensive line brigade (besides Waters, Albert & McIntosh) will have to step up beyond their potential and the chiefs will have to find a reliable number 2 receiver on the other side of Bowe (not to mention Bowe being able to shoulder the load of primary receiver). That's a lot of if's just on offense.

    On the defensive side, Dorsey will need to play at a level so that he can replace Allen's pass pressure, or he needs to play at such a level that he allows Hali to fill that role (by giving Hali pure one on one matchups against team's LTs). Either Carr or Flowers will need to step up into a starting position at CB and the Linebacking core will need to continue to be able to carry a big load and a lot of different roles (look for Johnson to have a lot more sacks as the Chiefs will likely need to bring him on the pass rush off the left side to acceptable QB pressure).

    Overall, there are less holes on Defense, but there are nevertheless question marks that could either workout or not.

    If Herm has another 4-12 season, I think his future is doubtful. But if he has a 6-10 and there is significant improvement by the younger players, he's earned the right to take them into 2010.

    As a last note: I'd say that while Herm may not be the best coach to have in the 4th quarter for the playoffs, his coaching style is exactly what the doctor ordered for a Chiefs roster with 31 fresh-out-of-college players on it. His work ethic, attitude, and love for the game will hopefully rub off in a big way on these young guys.
    Last edited by sbstrohbehn; 05-20-2008 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Grammar

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbstrohbehn View Post
    My response to some of these thoughts:

    Looking at the Chief's schedule, I think fans should expect a 6 win season. If the team finishes above that record, Herm Edwards should get real credit for getting a bunch of young players to play up to or above their potential very quickly. In order for that to happen, Croyle will have to step up and work out, Johnson will have to remain healthy, at least one member of the offensive line brigade (besides Waters, Albert & McIntosh) will have to step up beyond their potential and the chiefs will have to find a reliable number 2 receiver on the other side of Bowe (not to mention Bowe being able to shoulder the load of primary receiver). That's a lot of if's just on offense.

    On the defensive side, Dorsey will need to play at a level so that he can replace Allen's pass pressure, or he needs to play at such a level that he allows Hali to fill that role (by giving Hali pure one on one matchups against team's LTs). Either Carr or Flowers will need to step up into a starting position at CB and the Linebacking core will need to continue to be able to carry a big load and a lot of different roles (look for Johnson to have a lot more sacks as the Chiefs will likely need to bring him on the pass rush off the left side to acceptable QB pressure).

    Overall, there are less holes on Defense, but there are nevertheless question marks that could either workout or not.

    If Herm has another 4-12 season, I think his future is doubtful. But if he has a 6-10 and there is significant improvement by the younger players, he's earned the right to take them into 2010.

    As a last note: I'd say that while Herm may not be the best coach to have in the 4th quarter for the playoffs, his coaching style is exactly what the doctor ordered for a Chiefs roster with 31 fresh-out-of-college players on it. His work ethic, attitude, and love for the game will hopefully rub off in a big way on these young guys.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,770
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    you're such an *** :

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,345
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    30th? No way. But a lot will depend on how the rookies pan out.


  9. #28
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    is this the yen to your yang?


  10. #29
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,149
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbstrohbehn View Post
    My response to some of these thoughts:

    Looking at the Chief's schedule, I think fans should expect a 6 win season. If the team finishes above that record, Herm Edwards should get real credit for getting a bunch of young players to play up to or above their potential very quickly. In order for that to happen, Croyle will have to step up and work out, Johnson will have to remain healthy, at least one member of the offensive line brigade (besides Waters, Albert & McIntosh) will have to step up beyond their potential and the chiefs will have to find a reliable number 2 receiver on the other side of Bowe (not to mention Bowe being able to shoulder the load of primary receiver). That's a lot of if's just on offense.

    On the defensive side, Dorsey will need to play at a level so that he can replace Allen's pass pressure, or he needs to play at such a level that he allows Hali to fill that role (by giving Hali pure one on one matchups against team's LTs). Either Carr or Flowers will need to step up into a starting position at CB and the Linebacking core will need to continue to be able to carry a big load and a lot of different roles (look for Johnson to have a lot more sacks as the Chiefs will likely need to bring him on the pass rush off the left side to acceptable QB pressure).

    Overall, there are less holes on Defense, but there are nevertheless question marks that could either workout or not.

    If Herm has another 4-12 season, I think his future is doubtful. But if he has a 6-10 and there is significant improvement by the younger players, he's earned the right to take them into 2010.

    As a last note: I'd say that while Herm may not be the best coach to have in the 4th quarter for the playoffs, his coaching style is exactly what the doctor ordered for a Chiefs roster with 31 fresh-out-of-college players on it. His work ethic, attitude, and love for the game will hopefully rub off in a big way on these young guys.
    Very reasonable assessment. I still see us in better draft position next year, than we were in this year.

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,345
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Very reasonable assessment. I still see us in better draft position next year, than we were in this year.
    I'll take that bet. Chiefs will pick 5th or worse in 09' draft. Not withstanding any trade up/down scenarios. $20. You game?


Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •