Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's Source........

Default ESPN's Source........

Someone from ESPN that is covering the Chiefs said this morning that he talked to Herm Edwards and the plan is to move Tamba Hali to right defensive end and put Dorsey right next to him. Then speculated that Hali could end up with 10-12 sacks this year! Could end up being a good thing! He won't have to deal with the TE now and he could actuall replace what JA did last season especially if Dorsey is occupying 1 or 2 guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Someone from ESPN that is covering the Chiefs said this morning that he talked to Herm Edwards and the plan is to move Tamba Hali to right defensive end and put Dorsey right next to him. Then speculated that Hali could end up with 10-12 sacks this year! Could end up being a good thing! He won't have to deal with the TE now and he could actuall replace what JA did last season especially if Dorsey is occupying 1 or 2 guys!!!
    Sounds good. This should benefit Dorsey as well.

I don't think the TE really matters as much unless teams are playing a double TE set. #1 TEs in the league aren't blockers anymore.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post

I don't think the TE really matters as much unless teams are playing a double TE set. #1 TEs in the league aren't blockers anymore.
    Agreed, Gonzalez, Gates and other top TEs are more of a threat in the flat or up the seam than they are as blockers.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

i thought he said he was going to move Hali to the right side ten minutes after trading JA, then reiterated the same comment 10 minutes after drafting Dorsey.

Who in the hell do we have at defensive tackle besides Ace Boone?I do agree with Tamba moving over to the right defensive end side because I believe that Tamba believes that he's better suited toward playing at ther right defensive end side.I'd strongly rather depend on Ron as a backup defensive tackle because he lack skills at the defensive tackle position while being a starter.Ron definitely will provide that much needed boost from a backup standpoint.I'd apply Tamba at right side defensive end.I'd allow Ace Boone to be the starting right side defensive tackle next to Tamba.I'd apply Dorsey as the starter on the left defensive tackle position.I'd love to see a vet alongside of Dorsey on both sides.I'd strongly suggest that Herm sign a dominant defensive end on the left side because our other guys can't be depended on as starters.Those list of players include Tank,Ron Edwards and the remainder of the defensive linemen on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Who in the hell do we have at defensive tackle besides Ace Boone?I do agree with Tamba moving over to the right defensive end side because I believe that Tamba believes that he's better suited toward playing at ther right defensive end side.I'd strongly rather depend on Ron as a backup defensive tackle because he lack skills at the defensive tackle position while being a starter.Ron definitely will provide that much needed boost from a backup standpoint.I'd apply Tamba at right side defensive end.I'd allow Ace Boone to be the starting right side defensive tackle next to Tamba.I'd apply Dorsey as the starter on the left defensive tackle position.I'd love to see a vet alongside of Dorsey on both sides.I'd strongly suggest that Herm sign a dominant defensive end on the left side because our other guys can't be depended on as starters.Those list of players include Tank,Ron Edwards and the remainder of the defensive linemen on the roster.
    I think you'll see Turk at DE opposite Hali. I think Boone is too big and slow at DE.

Boone, Dorsey, Tyler and Edwards is going to be a really good DT rotation. You might even throw in Turk on that DT rotation if you perhaps move DJ to DE opposite Hali. Also, perhaps Johnston blows everyone away at DE and starts opposite Hali. If Merriman and a Derrick Thomas could make the transition from OLB to DE, so could Johnson. He's probably the most athletic player on this team and has an incredible burst....could be something to look at.

Defensive Line is no longer a weakness on this team and has some good depth at least at DT. It's not like the Chiefs can just go out and sign a dominant DE either. If that were possible, the Vikings would've signed him and we'd still have Allen.

Don't expect another DE to come in until next offseason whether thru FA or the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post

Really? I watched TG block more than I've ever seen 2 years ago!!! I guess it depends on how crappy your O line is!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Really? I watched TG block more than I've ever seen 2 years ago!!! I guess it depends on how crappy your O line is!!
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think you'll see Turk at DE opposite Hali. I think Boone is too big and slow at DE.

Boone, Dorsey, Tyler and Edwards is going to be a really good DT rotation. You might even throw in Turk on that DT rotation if you perhaps move DJ to DE opposite Hali. Also, perhaps Johnston blows everyone away at DE and starts opposite Hali. If Merriman and a Derrick Thomas could make the transition from OLB to DE, so could Johnson. He's probably the most athletic player on this team and has an incredible burst....could be something to look at.

Defensive Line is no longer a weakness on this team and has some good depth at least at DT. It's not like the Chiefs can just go out and sign a dominant DE either. If that were possible, the Vikings would've signed him and we'd still have Allen.

Don't expect another DE to come in until next offseason whether thru FA or the draft.
    Wasn't Turk's position DT/DE when we drafted him? I thought he could play both positions.

Putting Boone at DT isn't something I want to see personally. I agree he would be too slow.

Am I the only one aware of the fact that both D.T and Merriman have always played LB?

And I can't help but think that it is pure genious to remove your top defensive player, then start teaching the next-best to play some other position, just to attempt to replace that loss.

Sure. Let's take DJ away from what he does well, and hope and pray that he can abandon the things that he has excelled at, to learn a new skill instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast