Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Turk" Mcbride

Default "Turk" Mcbride

Appearently, I have been looking at this second round draft selection the wrong way. It's not that he is too slow to play defensive end, but that he is slow enough to play defensive tackle. It's not that he is too small to play defensive tackle, but that he small enough to play defensive end. That must be why he is a "tweener".

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Appearently, I have been looking at this second round draft selection the wrong way. It's not that he is too slow to play defensive end, but that he is slow enough to play defensive tackle. It's not that he is too small to play defensive tackle, but that he small enough to play defensive end. That must be why he is a "tweener".

I see. LOL!

Nice! it makes sense to me.

Smile

That's Chief's management for ya, Hey, we had Joe Montana, and they couldn't put together a O line to let him do his magic, but we sold tickets, did we ever sell tickets!!

:character0011: Just doing my job, Kid, just doing my job!!
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    That's Chief's management for ya, Hey, we had Joe Montana, and they couldn't put together a O line to let him do his magic, but we sold tickets, did we ever sell tickets!!

:character0011: Just doing my job, Kid, just doing my job!!

Well Montana didn't hurt ticket sales any.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 04-30-2007 at 07:50 PM.

I'll be honest here, part of the negativity I feel about this pick, is probably based on the fact that I think this is an attempt to replace Jared Allen.

Nobody on this defense has made more big plays over the past two years, nor last season alone, than Jared has. NOBODY.

Yes, he has some personal issues. But, wouldn't it be nice to see our beloved team, stand behind a young guy, and help him with it, rather than throw him out the door?

Jared is a young guy, who appears to love his life. He was alot of fun and laughs, last season, at training camp. I think he needs some help with finding some direction, but I know he enjoys his life and carreer.

Has anyone considered, that an organization that lines it's entire workplace with alcohol advertisements and sells mass quantities of said product, to it's own costomers, only to send them out the door, drunk, could take some responsibility for the kind of environment that they help create?

To abandon Jared, is hipocritical. Sell the beer, get your costomers drunk, then send them out the door, to make their own, drunken decisions, all the while, condemning your own employee, for a similarly irresponsible act? I would like to see this team step up and do the right thing.
    Last edited by chief31; 04-30-2007 at 07:57 PM.

I'll be honest here, part of the negativity I feel about this pick, is probably based on the fact that I think this is an attempt to replace Jared Allen.

Nobody on this defense has made more big plays over the past two years, nor last season alone, than Jared has. NOBODY.

Yes, he has some personal issues. But, wouldn't it be nice to see our beloved team, stand behind a young guy, and help him with it, rather than throw him out the door?

Has anyone considered, that an organization that lines it's entire workplace with alcohol advertisements and sells mass quantities of said product, to it's own costomers, only to send them out the door, drunk, could take some responsibility for the kind of environment that they help create?

To abandon Jared, is hipocritical. Sell the beer, get your costomers drunk, then send them out the door, to make their own, drunken decisions, all the while, condemning your own employee, for a similarly irresponsible act? I would like to see this team step up and do the right thing.
    I have been as critical of Allen as anyone, and stand behind my criticism, but agree that the organization could offer him some assistance here; he has been a great defensive contributor. The problem I would foresee here is that Jared must be responsive to said assistance; you can lead a horse to water...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I have been as critical of Allen as anyone, and stand behind my criticism, but agree that the organization could offer him some assistance here; he has been a great defensive contributor. The problem I would foresee here is that Jared must be responsive to said assistance; you can lead a horse to water...
    If you've met Jared, you know that he isn't a bad guy. He is all smiles, he is good with the kids and he is an all-around good guy. Hopefully, he will have learned, on his own, what is at stake, when he makes poor decisions. Because I don't see this organization taking responsibility for their own conduct, so it would be nice to see one individual show them how it is done.

If you've met Jared, you know that he isn't a bad guy. He is all smiles, he is good with the kids and he is an all-around good guy. Hopefully, he will have learned, on his own, what is at stake, when he makes poor decisions. Because I don't see this organization taking responsibility for their own conduct, so it would be nice to see one individual show them how it is done.

I agree; Jared is, after all, a chronological adult.

hell of a point Chief31- I agree
    I think we should help him out and do whateve we can to keep him. The only other thing is, and I dont know the exact number he is asking for, the amount of money he is supposedly asking for is on par with the top paid defensive lineman in the league, and to be honest he doesnt deserve that kind of money. He is a goodplayer but he is not a young Bruce Smith. Does anybody know what he really wants money wise?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast