View Poll Results: Who should start for the Chiefs in 2009?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brodie Croyle

9 56.25%
  • Tyler Thigpen

4 25.00%
  • Mathew Stafford

2 12.50%
  • Tim Tebow

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: '09 Starting QB?

Default '09 Starting QB?

Ok, let's see how many ppl think our 2009 QB is with the team already.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Other!!!!!
    You don't like Tebow or Stafford? I think Tebow may be a bit overrated, and I haven't seen Stafford play much.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    You don't like Tebow or Stafford? I think Tebow may be a bit overrated, and I haven't seen Stafford play much.
    Don't know much about Stafford but I think Tebow will return for his last year. Even if he doesn't, Florida doesn't have a great record for QB's in the NFL!! In fact, it is TERRIBLE!!!! A couple of guys that actually played but NOBODY that was any good!! Sooo......I still say OTHER!!

I'm hoping Brodie does well enough to keep the job.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I'm hoping Brodie does well enough to keep the job.
    Couldnt agree more!

Don't know much about Stafford but I think Tebow will return for his last year. Even if he doesn't, Florida doesn't have a great record for QB's in the NFL!! In fact, it is TERRIBLE!!!! A couple of guys that actually played but NOBODY that was any good!! Sooo......I still say OTHER!!
    Yeah, Steve Spurrier started that trend, and when he was a coach he was notorious for "system" QBs that didn't translate to the NFL. However I'd guess that Tebow might be the guy to break that trend. He's very athletic, has a great arm, and in interviews seems to be very smart. The difference is the other guys on the notorious list (Wuerfel, Grossman, Jesse Palmer, etc.) were missing at least one if not two of those three attributes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Yeah, Steve Spurrier started that trend, and when he was a coach he was notorious for "system" QBs that didn't translate to the NFL. However I'd guess that Tebow might be the guy to break that trend. He's very athletic, has a great arm, and in interviews seems to be very smart. The difference is the other guys on the notorious list (Wuerfel, Grossman, Jesse Palmer, etc.) were missing at least one if not two of those three attributes.
    I'm not buyin until someone proves it wrong!!! There has to have been at least 10 or so that have failed out of that program. Same situation with Tedford at Cal! I don't want a QB from either of those schools. I'm still waiting for us to bring in at least 1 fricken free agent! We mised the boat on Garcia! He absolutley dominated that division last year and can scramble with the best of em.

I'm not buyin until someone proves it wrong!!! There has to have been at least 10 or so that have failed out of that program. Same situation with Tedford at Cal! I don't want a QB from either of those schools. I'm still waiting for us to bring in at least 1 fricken free agent! We mised the boat on Garcia! He absolutley dominated that division last year and can scramble with the best of em.
    2 years in a row, now. Jeff talks kinda funny but he is a quality QB.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Only thing I don't like about him is that he's a bit old, but he's a very good QB, indeed.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I think Tim Tebow is the surest thing to a no-miss pro QB as there will ever be. He has the size, arm and athletic ability plus he's smart and has that killer instinct that all the great QBs have.

I just don't see how this guy could fail. It's not like his abilities are a product of a system. Chris Leak on the other hand, you could make that argument.

Tebow was the most recruited player as a high school senior that year. This kid is no fluke and will probably be playing in the title game this year.

I also don't think the Chiefs have the pieces or the creativity to make a play for Tebow because i agree, we won't be bad enough to draft him outright.

Stafford was a VERY highly recruited QB out of Texas. He has been pretty good at UGA and would be the second best QB if Tebow comes out. I think Stafford is a better QB than Ryan will be. But again, he'll go in the top 5 and i don't see the Chiefs getting into the top 5 to draft him.

Personally, I think Thigpen will be the Chiefs 09 starter after Brodie struggles thru this season, the Chiefs will give Thigpen his shot at the starting spot before trying to draft a replacement in the first. But, they could bring in a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds again....

But, i'm going with Thigpen.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think Tim Tebow is the surest thing to a no-miss pro QB as there will ever be. He has the size, arm and athletic ability plus he's smart and has that killer instinct that all the great QBs have.

I just don't see how this guy could fail. It's not like his abilities are a product of a system. Chris Leak on the other hand, you could make that argument.

Tebow was the most recruited player as a high school senior that year. This kid is no fluke and will probably be playing in the title game this year.

I also don't think the Chiefs have the pieces or the creativity to make a play for Tebow because i agree, we won't be bad enough to draft him outright.

Stafford was a VERY highly recruited QB out of Texas. He has been pretty good at UGA and would be the second best QB if Tebow comes out. I think Stafford is a better QB than Ryan will be. But again, he'll go in the top 5 and i don't see the Chiefs getting into the top 5 to draft him.

Personally, I think Thigpen will be the Chiefs 09 starter after Brodie struggles thru this season, the Chiefs will give Thigpen his shot at the starting spot before trying to draft a replacement in the first. But, they could bring in a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds again....

But, i'm going with Thigpen.
    Ya know, I fight with you alot, but I would outraged if you quit bringing these opinions and assessments to The Crowd.

(Rather I agree about the pontential of the '08 Chiefs or not.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast