View Poll Results: Who should start for the Chiefs in 2009?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brodie Croyle

9 56.25%
  • Tyler Thigpen

4 25.00%
  • Mathew Stafford

2 12.50%
  • Tim Tebow

1 6.25%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: '09 Starting QB?

Default '09 Starting QB?

Ok, let's see how many ppl think our 2009 QB is with the team already.

Someone post something in here so that it gets moved to the top of the unread threads.

There is too much to read in this thread at this hour.

I did read the last post though, and it's nice to see appreciation.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Couldnt agree more!
    How is that???

I think we improved (time will tell) enough on the O-line to give Brodie the shot. He gets that extra second....... I know I'm being Homerish...but I cannot wait for the season to start!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm not buyin until someone proves it wrong!!! There has to have been at least 10 or so that have failed out of that program. Same situation with Tedford at Cal! I don't want a QB from either of those schools. I'm still waiting for us to bring in at least 1 fricken free agent! We mised the boat on Garcia! He absolutley dominated that division last year and can scramble with the best of em.
    Ummm...as for QBs from Florida only a few have bombed.

Spurrier was a 1st round pick and although he stuck around for 8 or 9 years clearly didn't live up to the hype

Grossman was the #22 overall and has disappointed

Jesse Palmer was picked in the 4th round, you can't really call that bombing, he wasn't really expected to do much.

Wuerffel had a great college career, but again was a 4th round selection

Kerwin Bell??? 7th rounder...can't count him as a dog

John Reaves (1972) was a 1st rounder for the Eagles...I haven't heard of him, so I'll guess he disappointed also.

Those are the only QBs from Univ of Florida that have been drafted. If you want to count any others (Chris Leak, etc) you can, but as undrafted free agents you can't really say their NFL careers were disappointments.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think Tim Tebow is the surest thing to a no-miss pro QB as there will ever be. He has the size, arm and athletic ability plus he's smart and has that killer instinct that all the great QBs have.

I just don't see how this guy could fail. It's not like his abilities are a product of a system. Chris Leak on the other hand, you could make that argument.

Tebow was the most recruited player as a high school senior that year. This kid is no fluke and will probably be playing in the title game this year.

I also don't think the Chiefs have the pieces or the creativity to make a play for Tebow because i agree, we won't be bad enough to draft him outright.

Stafford was a VERY highly recruited QB out of Texas. He has been pretty good at UGA and would be the second best QB if Tebow comes out. I think Stafford is a better QB than Ryan will be. But again, he'll go in the top 5 and i don't see the Chiefs getting into the top 5 to draft him.

Personally, I think Thigpen will be the Chiefs 09 starter after Brodie struggles thru this season, the Chiefs will give Thigpen his shot at the starting spot before trying to draft a replacement in the first. But, they could bring in a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds again....

But, i'm going with Thigpen.
    I'm going to suggest another possibility. Cleveland has two guys that are potential starters currently under contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade one of those guys away in the next year or two as they'll be hard pressed to keep Quinn on the bench with his contract escalating in the next couple years. They may select to stay with Derek Anderson, but they'll be hard pressed to keep both.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I thought drafting Quinn would've been a big mistake last year and i think trading for him would be an even bigger one. He didn't do much at ND and kinda rode his "top recruit" status for Notre Dame right into the NFL draft.

No doubt he has the size and ability, but it just doesn't seem to click for him.

I thought drafting Quinn would've been a big mistake last year and i think trading for him would be an even bigger one. He didn't do much at ND and kinda rode his "top recruit" status for Notre Dame right into the NFL draft.

No doubt he has the size and ability, but it just doesn't seem to click for him.
    I agree in the sense that I didn't see him as a top 10 type of pick, but I do think he has the abilities to be a better than average NFL QB.

His sample pool is a bit small right now as he's only played in one NFL game...in all likelihood he won't play again this year, which will give him two full years on the sidelines. Personally I think that is one of the best formulas for developing a solid starting QB in the NFL.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I agree in the sense that I didn't see him as a top 10 type of pick, but I do think he has the abilities to be a better than average NFL QB.

His stool sample is a bit smelly as he plays for the Browns ...in all likelihood he won't play again this year, which will give him two full years on the sidelines. Personally I think that is one of the best formulas for developing a solid starting QB in the NFL.
    FYR!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post

His sample pool is a bit small right now as he's only played in one NFL game...in all likelihood he won't play again this year, which will give him two full years on the sidelines. Personally I think that is one of the best formulas for developing a solid starting QB in the NFL.
    Letting him sit on the bench a couple years will help him, i agree. But he has NEVER shown me anything...ever. The dude is a workout warrior that slinks away under pressure. At least that's what he did in college.

Letting him sit on the bench a couple years will help him, i agree. But he has NEVER shown me anything...ever. The dude is a workout warrior that slinks away under pressure. At least that's what he did in college.
    I don't foresee him being the next Tom Brady, but heck if he could just be above average that'd be a step in the right direction for a number of NFL teams (KC, SF, Baltimore (they have Flacco now?!), Miami (Beck?? LOL), NYJets, Oakland (I'm not sold on Russell), Washington, etc.)

He was lighting it up last preseason. Albeit in very limited action, but nonetheless, he was showing something.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast