Thread: Fulcrum.

Default Fulcrum.

It seems we are approaching the pivot-point of the current restructuring that the Chiefs have been going through for the last few years. The tension and excitement are building as we get closer to finding out if some real progress will be made or if the efforts of this project have perhaps been in vain.

I hope our new offensive coaching staff can properly utilize the young talent we have to create a unit that will be capable of putting some points up on the board. I have a lot of confidence in our defense and think we will be among the top teams in the league on that side of the ball next season-- even without Jared Allen.

Though I may not agree with it, I honestly think Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson will have thru the '09 season to make something happen. However, this year is Brodie Croyle's last gasp. I hope he does well enough to keep the starting job and if he does, we may have a decent year. I dare not dream of the superbowl yet but if we can get close to .500 or above, it will be a significant improvement over last season and will also show that progress is being made during this "rebuilding process".

If Brodie falls flat this year, I think a franchise QB should be our top priority in next year's draft. If he does well enough to keep the job in '09 and the team improves, it will be Herm and Carl in the sling if we do not get a playoff win before opening day of the 2010 season.

Basically, it all hinges on Croyle in my opinion. If the Chiefs do not show much improvement this next season, I'm sure Brodie will be the fall-guy. Which will buy Herm and Carl another year to try and salvage something from their time in KC. If it goes down like that, there will be nothing and nobody there to save them if they drop the ball in '09.

Then again, I could be wrong. If we draft somebody in hopes of them becoming our franchise QB in '09, certain people may be willing to give them an extra season in order to try and develop the guy into that. Personally, I will not be one of those people.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 05-21-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

You forgot to meniton special teams. Have we made any improvements on that side and we were already bad last year. That's where I am concerned.

Brodie is defintely on borrowed time. Make or break for him in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    You forgot to meniton special teams. Have we made any improvements on that side and we were already bad last year. That's where I am concerned.
    Special teams is where we may see the most fluctuation from last year to this one. We have a fairly good-sized pool of young talent and some of those guys may go a long way in helping us improve that particular aspect of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Special teams is where we may see the most fluctuation from last year to this one. We have a fairly good-sized pool of young talent and some of those guys may go a long way in helping us improve that particular aspect of the team.

I think special teams will be much improved this season because of the youth movement. Last year's team had a lot to do with the disapointment of Drummond IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think special teams will be much improved this season because of the youth movement. Last year's team had a lot to do with the disapointment of Drummond IMO.
    I agree completely.

You would think Herm would have taken a page from Vermeils handbook. The importance of special teams.
    Don't even get me started. Drummond, tryin to find the damn ball in the air. Running around like a...2 peckered puppy. And the blocking....jeezazz. Last time I seen a wedge that ugly. It was dawned by a fat man wearing knit pants.
    On a lighter note. I think Brodie comes in to his own this year. Playing behind the O-line we had last year(or the lack there of) I believe will make him better. Many of the great QB's didn't exactly set the world on fire in the beginning. I'm still on the Brodie train.

First off, rep to mofoe.

I hope Robinson can continue to show his speed at the pro level. Maybe we can get some returns for TDs this year.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

It seems we are approaching the pivot-point of the current restructuring that the Chiefs have been going through for the last few years. The tension and excitement are building as we get closer to finding out if some real progress will be made or if the efforts of this project have perhaps been in vain.

I hope we succeed but I also hope Carl and Herm leave.

I hope our new offensive coaching staff can properly utilize the young talent we have to create a unit that will be capable of putting some points up on the board. I have a lot of confidence in our defense and think we will be among the top teams in the league on that side of the ball next season-- even without Jared Allen.

I'm excited about Charles. If this O Line stands up, I can see LJ/Charles pulling a Taylor/Jones-Drew.

I don't like the idea of Boone at DE. I hope Turk comes into his own. I also hope I can see Flowers knock some receivers on their asses.

Though I may not agree with it, I honestly think Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson will have thru the '09 season to make something happen. However, this year is Brodie Croyle's last gasp. I hope he does well enough to keep the starting job and if he does, we may have a decent year. I dare not dream of the superbowl yet but if we can get close to .500 or above, it will be a significant improvement over last season and will also show that progress is being made during this "rebuilding process".

I'm rooting for Brodie. May not be the popular opinion here.

If Brodie falls flat this year, I think a franchise QB should be our top priority in next year's draft. If he does well enough to keep the job in '09 and the team improves, it will be Herm and Carl in the sling if we do not get a playoff win before opening day of the 2010 season.

IMO, Donnie won't stay after this year. I think we should look at Rey Maualuga from SC in the first round. Dude is a one man wrecking machine. We'll see what he does this year.

Basically, it all hinges on Croyle in my opinion. If the Chiefs do not show much improvement this next season, I'm sure Brodie will be the fall-guy. Which will buy Herm and Carl another year to try and salvage something from their time in KC. If it goes down like that, there will be nothing and nobody there to save them if they drop the ball in '09.

Agreed, and it's unfortunate IMO.

Then again, I could be wrong. If we draft somebody in hopes of them becoming our franchise QB in '09, certain people may be willing to give them an extra season in order to try and develop the guy into that. Personally, I will not be one of those people.

Maualuga!!!

Nicely done.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten