Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Trade DT Ryan Sims

Default Chiefs Trade DT Ryan Sims

Chiefs Trade DT Ryan Sims to Tampa Bay

May 01, 2007, 1:45:53 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Tuesday that the club traded DT Ryan Sims to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for an undisclosed future draft pick.
    Sims (6-4, 315) played in 59 games (36 starts) in five seasons with Kansas City. He recorded 149 tackles (79 solo), 5.0 sacks (-22.0 yards), 36 QB pressures, an interception, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. He also played in two postseason contests (one start). The Spartanburg, South Carolina native started all 16 games in 2003, totaling a career-high 83 tackles (41 solo), 3.0 sacks (-13.0 yards), seven QB pressures, a forced fumble, one fumble recovery and an interception. He originally entered the NFL as the Chiefs first-round draft choice in 2002.
    Sims saw action in 43 games (33 starts) as a three-year starter at North Carolina. He finished his collegiate career with 167 tackles (83 solo), 14.0 sacks (-87.0 yards), 28.0 tackles for loss, 11 passes defensed, 40 QB pressures and a fumble recovery. He was a first-team all-state, all-region and all-area selection as a senior at Paul M. Dorman High School in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/05..._to_tampa_bay/

...Can't say that I'm surprised.

perhaps Carl realizes he needs to put together more draft choices for next year. Let's pray Sims has a breakout year and goes to the pro bowl. . . Hello first day pick!! it's not like the guy doesn't have the potential. Personally, i think the kid just needed some vet leadership in the weight room. but, with the kids we just drafted, this is impressive foresight from a G.M. who usually craps away talent by releasing them instead of trading.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

its about time they got rid of that fat ***, waste of a roster spot. thank god they got rid of hicks also.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    its about time they got rid of that fat ***, waste of a roster spot. thank god they got rid of hicks also.
    Such distain. I never realized Chiefs fans disliked him that much.
    :character0052:

Hicks had lost his ability to be effective, and Sims idea of off season training was walking to the fridge.

See ya! #6 overall waiste. Never really found a love for the game here in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by KcBigChief View Post
    See ya! #6 overall waiste. Never really found a love for the game here in KC.

Agreed; and welcome aboard the "Crowd" KcBigChief!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    perhaps Carl realizes he needs to put together more draft choices for next year. Let's pray Sims has a breakout year and goes to the pro bowl. . . Hello first day pick!! it's not like the guy doesn't have the potential. Personally, i think the kid just needed some vet leadership in the weight room. but, with the kids we just drafted, this is impressive foresight from a G.M. who usually craps away talent by releasing them instead of trading.
    how do we know what pick we get. Is it determined after the season. How do the teams come to an agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan27 View Post
    how do we know what pick we get. Is it determined after the season. How do the teams come to an agreement?
    I have the same question.

Welcome to the boards 'KcBigChief'

I'm not sure how it is determined; I would think that it is possible that it is somehow previously stipulated based on the traded players performance in order to determine player worth. I am totally guessing here, and admit that I have absolutely no idea.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast