Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (sigh).....Jason Taylor

Default (sigh).....Jason Taylor

Well, with Jason Taylor not heading to camp, this could be the power play a few teams were hoping for.

There are a couple teams who are far enough under the cap that they could make a play for his services...The Buffalo Bills are one of those teams. But, i doubt the Dolphins trade one of the top DE's in the league to a team in their own division.

That of course opens the door for another team near and dear to our hearts. We obviously could use Taylor to fill in for Allen, but at what cost?

I MIGHT be willing to offer a 2nd and 6th or 7th. But the dude is 33 and won't be in the league too much longer and is not worth the 1st rounder the Dolphins will be asking for.

But reluctantly, I'm on board for trying to bring this guy in for the right price. Hell, anyone know if the Dolphins need a safety like Wesley? He could be a piece to trade as well. It is imperative that we don't overpay for this guy and risk too many valuable draft picks next season.

He will go to the highest bidder just as long as it's warm. The guy is still in pretty good shape for a 33 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Well, with Jason Taylor not heading to camp, this could be the power play a few teams were hoping for.

There are a couple teams who are far enough under the cap that they could make a play for his services...The Buffalo Bills are one of those teams. But, i doubt the Dolphins trade one of the top DE's in the league to a team in their own division.

That of course opens the door for another team near and dear to our hearts. We obviously could use Taylor to fill in for Allen, but at what cost?

I MIGHT be willing to offer a 2nd and 6th or 7th. But the dude is 33 and won't be in the league too much longer and is not worth the 1st rounder the Dolphins will be asking for.

But reluctantly, I'm on board for trying to bring this guy in for the right price. Hell, anyone know if the Dolphins need a safety like Wesley? He could be a piece to trade as well. It is imperative that we don't overpay for this guy and risk too many valuable draft picks next season.
    In my own humble (or not so humble...lol) opinion, I think Herm should seek balance. A Zen state if you will. lol. Seriously, what good is having a youth movement if you have no vets to mentor them? We should be building a young team AND grabbing some veterans who still have a few good years. Putting a cap on the age of people you are willing to bring on your team (I think it was 30??) is stupid. What happens if in 3 years half our youth movement is either injured or has pulled a Ricky Williams, or just simply couldn't cut it in the league? Then we'll constantly be in a rebuilding year and never get anywhere. Herm needs to get balance. Maybe get in the lotus position, grab his ankles and start chanting "om". Because if this team doesn't improve considerably within two years, he'll be getting in a different position, grabbing his ankles and chanting "ouch" as he gets booted out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief from the North View Post
    In my own humble (or not so humble...lol) opinion, I think Herm should seek balance. A Zen state if you will. lol. Seriously, what good is having a youth movement if you have no vets to mentor them? We should be building a young team AND grabbing some veterans who still have a few good years. Putting a cap on the age of people you are willing to bring on your team (I think it was 30??) is stupid. What happens if in 3 years half our youth movement is either injured or has pulled a Ricky Williams, or just simply couldn't cut it in the league? Then we'll constantly be in a rebuilding year and never get anywhere. Herm needs to get balance. Maybe get in the lotus position, grab his ankles and start chanting "om". Because if this team doesn't improve considerably within two years, he'll be getting in a different position, grabbing his ankles and chanting "ouch" as he gets booted out of town.

There will be a big line waiting to give him a boot, if he doesn't bring us a winning team!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    [/b][/i]
    There will be a big line waiting to give him a boot, if he doesn't bring us a winning team!
    The line has formed, please proceed to the rear!

:group2:

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The line has formed, please proceed to the rear!

:group2:
    HA! Exactly!

Jason Taylor... Eww

I'm not really in favor of grabbing Taylor (even if we could) but I would have to think that that would make a significant difference to what I think this team could do THIS year.

we would almost have to try to get em so SD doesnt but he'd go there for way less money just cause they are a better team rigt now

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'm not really in favor of grabbing Taylor (even if we could) but I would have to think that that would make a significant difference to what I think this team could do THIS year.
    Agreed! He would make an impact in the here, and now.

We aren't gonna sign him, I thought it was clear that we're going young, and are through with signing old men.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast