Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Is it too early for this???????????

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Is it too early for this???????????


    0 Not allowed!
    So I see LJ is ready and eager to get back in the swing of things. What are some early predictions for his yardage this coming seasons?

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Isn't that where LJ is most effective?
    That's what I was thinking... Charles should be used more on the outside with sweeps and whatnot (Something they didn't do during mini-camp and it was a little disapointing). Like Holmes, that's where he seems to be the most effective.

    I thought all of the running backs looked great in Mini-Camp... even Jackie Battle. He's a big guy who's got great forward speed. He can knock people around too.

    We should seriously consider dangling LJ in the face of Chicago's front office. They're in desperate need of a proven back, amongst other things, right now. After Johnson got his big contract last year, all us chiefs fans were complaining because we knew we'd never be able to trade him. I think the Bears would actually be willing to take him. Many of their fans think they screwed up again by taking Forte in the second round when they had better options in that position. This could be Chicago's chance to make up for Benson and it would make signing our first three picks a lot easier in the coming weeks/months.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Not likely to happen...although the Bears would likely pay the money, they wouldn't give up the players to make the trade balanced.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Not likely to happen...although the Bears would likely pay the money, they wouldn't give up the players to make the trade balanced.
    Not to mention the Bears just got rid of their version of LJ, a RB contract hold out with a piss poor attitude. The Bears were looking for a reason to dump Benson and Benson hung himself.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    That's what I was thinking... Charles should be used more on the outside with sweeps and whatnot (Something they didn't do during mini-camp and it was a little disapointing). Like Holmes, that's where he seems to be the most effective.

    I thought all of the running backs looked great in Mini-Camp... even Jackie Battle. He's a big guy who's got great forward speed. He can knock people around too.

    We should seriously consider dangling LJ in the face of Chicago's front office. They're in desperate need of a proven back, amongst other things, right now. After Johnson got his big contract last year, all us chiefs fans were complaining because we knew we'd never be able to trade him. I think the Bears would actually be willing to take him. Many of their fans think they screwed up again by taking Forte in the second round when they had better options in that position. This could be Chicago's chance to make up for Benson and it would make signing our first three picks a lot easier in the coming weeks/months.

    Agreed, I wonder what the chances of a double back set would be.

    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Not likely to happen...although the Bears would likely pay the money, they wouldn't give up the players to make the trade balanced.
    Yup, although I'm not convinced that Chicago picks up his contract.


  6. #35
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Not to mention the Bears just got rid of their version of LJ, a RB contract hold out with a piss poor attitude. The Bears were looking for a reason to dump Benson and Benson hung himself.
    Astutely put!


  7. #36
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Not likely to happen...although the Bears would likely pay the money, they wouldn't give up the players to make the trade balanced.
    Who do you think the Chiefs would try to get in a trade with the Bears for LJ?


  8. #37
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Who do you think the Chiefs would try to get in a trade with the Bears for LJ?
    That's the problem...the players that would be considered "equitable" to LJ, would probably be untouchable...they have a half dozen studs on defense, as well as Hester...but I don't see the Bears offering anything but draft picks, and the Chiefs can't take that trade as it would put too much pressure on a young QB and the O-line to perform with an unproven RB.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Left coast
    Posts
    300
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed, I wonder what the chances of a double back set would be.



    Yup, although I'm not convinced that Chicago picks up his contract.
    It doesn't matter.

    LJ is in the second year of a 5 year contract, and the bears would pick up the annual salary on his contract, but the reamaining signing bonus would accelerate to this year on the Chiefs cap.

    I don't remember what his signing bonus was, and I know that the Chiefs have a lot of cap space, but I'm pretty sure that that bonus acceleration would take a big chunk of that cap space.

    Trading LJ is not an option at this time.
    ...

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    It doesn't matter.

    LJ is in the second year of a 5 year contract, and the bears would pick up the annual salary on his contract, but the reamaining signing bonus would accelerate to this year on the Chiefs cap.

    I don't remember what his signing bonus was, and I know that the Chiefs have a lot of cap space, but I'm pretty sure that that bonus acceleration would take a big chunk of that cap space.

    Trading LJ is not an option at this time.
    This is true...trading a player with a big contract is nearly impossible in the first half of the contract.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Left coast
    Posts
    300
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    That's what I was thinking... Charles should be used more on the outside with sweeps and whatnot (Something they didn't do during mini-camp and it was a little disapointing). Like Holmes, that's where he seems to be the most effective.

    I thought all of the running backs looked great in Mini-Camp... even Jackie Battle. He's a big guy who's got great forward speed. He can knock people around too.

    We should seriously consider dangling LJ in the face of Chicago's front office. They're in desperate need of a proven back, amongst other things, right now. After Johnson got his big contract last year, all us chiefs fans were complaining because we knew we'd never be able to trade him. I think the Bears would actually be willing to take him. Many of their fans think they screwed up again by taking Forte in the second round when they had better options in that position. This could be Chicago's chance to make up for Benson and it would make signing our first three picks a lot easier in the coming weeks/months.
    I overlooked this post.

    I think many people are underrating Charles.

    He displayed good vision at Texas, and he is pretty cut physically, this without hitting the weights as regularly as most football players because of his track obligations.

    In a couple of years, with regular weight training, he could put on a couple lbs of muscle without losing speed, and he'll be a guy that can run it inside or outside.
    ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •