Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early for this???????????

Default Is it too early for this???????????

So I see LJ is ready and eager to get back in the swing of things. What are some early predictions for his yardage this coming seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Isn't that where LJ is most effective?
    That's what I was thinking... Charles should be used more on the outside with sweeps and whatnot (Something they didn't do during mini-camp and it was a little disapointing). Like Holmes, that's where he seems to be the most effective.

I thought all of the running backs looked great in Mini-Camp... even Jackie Battle. He's a big guy who's got great forward speed. He can knock people around too.

We should seriously consider dangling LJ in the face of Chicago's front office. They're in desperate need of a proven back, amongst other things, right now. After Johnson got his big contract last year, all us chiefs fans were complaining because we knew we'd never be able to trade him. I think the Bears would actually be willing to take him. Many of their fans think they screwed up again by taking Forte in the second round when they had better options in that position. This could be Chicago's chance to make up for Benson and it would make signing our first three picks a lot easier in the coming weeks/months.

Not likely to happen...although the Bears would likely pay the money, they wouldn't give up the players to make the trade balanced.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Not likely to happen...although the Bears would likely pay the money, they wouldn't give up the players to make the trade balanced.
    Not to mention the Bears just got rid of their version of LJ, a RB contract hold out with a piss poor attitude. The Bears were looking for a reason to dump Benson and Benson hung himself.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    That's what I was thinking... Charles should be used more on the outside with sweeps and whatnot (Something they didn't do during mini-camp and it was a little disapointing). Like Holmes, that's where he seems to be the most effective.

I thought all of the running backs looked great in Mini-Camp... even Jackie Battle. He's a big guy who's got great forward speed. He can knock people around too.

We should seriously consider dangling LJ in the face of Chicago's front office. They're in desperate need of a proven back, amongst other things, right now. After Johnson got his big contract last year, all us chiefs fans were complaining because we knew we'd never be able to trade him. I think the Bears would actually be willing to take him. Many of their fans think they screwed up again by taking Forte in the second round when they had better options in that position. This could be Chicago's chance to make up for Benson and it would make signing our first three picks a lot easier in the coming weeks/months.

Agreed, I wonder what the chances of a double back set would be.

Yup, although I'm not convinced that Chicago picks up his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Not to mention the Bears just got rid of their version of LJ, a RB contract hold out with a piss poor attitude. The Bears were looking for a reason to dump Benson and Benson hung himself.
    Astutely put!

Who do you think the Chiefs would try to get in a trade with the Bears for LJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Who do you think the Chiefs would try to get in a trade with the Bears for LJ?
    That's the problem...the players that would be considered "equitable" to LJ, would probably be untouchable...they have a half dozen studs on defense, as well as Hester...but I don't see the Bears offering anything but draft picks, and the Chiefs can't take that trade as it would put too much pressure on a young QB and the O-line to perform with an unproven RB.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed, I wonder what the chances of a double back set would be.

Yup, although I'm not convinced that Chicago picks up his contract.
    It doesn't matter.

LJ is in the second year of a 5 year contract, and the bears would pick up the annual salary on his contract, but the reamaining signing bonus would accelerate to this year on the Chiefs cap.

I don't remember what his signing bonus was, and I know that the Chiefs have a lot of cap space, but I'm pretty sure that that bonus acceleration would take a big chunk of that cap space.

Trading LJ is not an option at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    It doesn't matter.

LJ is in the second year of a 5 year contract, and the bears would pick up the annual salary on his contract, but the reamaining signing bonus would accelerate to this year on the Chiefs cap.

I don't remember what his signing bonus was, and I know that the Chiefs have a lot of cap space, but I'm pretty sure that that bonus acceleration would take a big chunk of that cap space.

Trading LJ is not an option at this time.
    This is true...trading a player with a big contract is nearly impossible in the first half of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post

I overlooked this post.

I think many people are underrating Charles.

He displayed good vision at Texas, and he is pretty cut physically, this without hitting the weights as regularly as most football players because of his track obligations.

In a couple of years, with regular weight training, he could put on a couple lbs of muscle without losing speed, and he'll be a guy that can run it inside or outside.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast