Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early for this???????????

Default Is it too early for this???????????

So I see LJ is ready and eager to get back in the swing of things. What are some early predictions for his yardage this coming seasons?

I believe that ir will be a commity running back scenerio this year. i don't believe he is 100% healthy. I am actually sick of him honestly. before the money he worked his ars off and they crapper!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    So I see LJ is ready and eager to get back in the swing of things. What are some early predictions for his yardage this coming seasons?
    LJ's season will depend on these conditions.

1) His attitude. He should Be in camp this year. He has his money. No excuses. Lay off the rap and play football Larry!
    2) The condition of the revamped O-line. no explanation needed.
    3) His health. There was a lot of mystery surrounding his injury last year. I'm not convinced we can quit worrying about it.

I agree, but I also think that a lot depends on how well LJ and Brody jive this year! Which I think they are going to do very well this year. (crossing my fingers)

Quote Originally Posted by SomewhereoverDwayneBowe View Post
    LJ's season will depend on these conditions.

1) His attitude. He should Be in camp this year. He has his money. No excuses. Lay off the rap and play football Larry!
    2) The condition of the revamped O-line. no explanation needed.
    3) His health. There was a lot of mystery surrounding his injury last year. I'm not convinced we can quit worrying about it.

Agreed, although I think his foot should be all better by now.

I hope LJ's success last season (or lack thereof) was enough to knock him down a notch. He seems to be better when he is humbled by someone or something and is motivated to prove otherwise.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Though I do think that it is too early to judge.... what the hell. It is the off season and there isnt anything else to do. I think that we really have the comings of a good offense in the next few years. We are sure to see lots of two tight end sets, so if we establish a fullback I believe we will be watching the LJ of old. Not to mention the versatility of Charles. I would live to see some screen passes to him behind our giant receiving core.

All in all if healthy I say LJ will have around a 1200 yard season.

With that i leave you bananas hittin it doggy style

:bananen_smilies011:
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

LJ will rush for 1,348 yards.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I think this will be LJ's last year as a Chief. My prediction is he'll play about 60% of of the running with Jamal Charles picking up the rest. Charles is a more versatile runner who shares similarities with Priest Holmes and is nimble and able to cut back and change direction. The guy is so damn fast he is rarely caught once he breaks containment.

Herm and Carl are going younger and the philosophy is to rebuild and be a contender is two to three more seasons. LJ will be 29 this November and will be nearing the end of his career when the team will be ready for post season play in two to three years. I see him getting traded after this season is done.

Charles is the real deal and is fast as lightning. His only fault while at Texas was fumbling. The coaches worked with him and this last season he had excellent ball control.

With the 2007 Texas Longhorn football team, Charles rushed for 1,619 yards and 18 touchdowns, with an average of more than six yards per carry. Early in the season, Mack Brown and Greg Davis hinted that Jamaal Charles could face less playing time as a result of his fumbling problems.[6] Charles says that he feels a deep remorse over his fumbles and feels that he is the biggest reason the team lost to the Oklahoma Sooners in the 2007 Red River Shootout. Texas running backs coach Ken Rucker and former Longhorn running back Earl Campbell have both worked with Charles on his ball handling. Greg Davis said he wants to get the ball to Charles "in space", on pitches and passes, instead of in heavy traffic up the center.[7]

On October 28, 2007, Charles rushed for 290 yards, the most ever against the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the fourth-highest total in Texas Longhorns history. His 216 yards in the fourth quarter were just six shy of the NCAA record for a single quarter set by the University of Washington Huskies's Corey Dillon in 1996. For these accomplishments, Charles won a fan vote for AT&T All-America Player of the Week.

Despite skipping his senior year, Charles ranks fourth in the list of total-rushing yards by a UT player, behind Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and Earl Campbell, with 3,328 yards. Williams and Campbell each won the Heisman Trophy in their senior season. With Charles' departure, quarterbackColt McCoy becomes the leading returning rusher for the Longhorns.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pm0y9Pol04"]YouTube - Jamaal Charles 86 Yard TD run vs. Nebraska[/ame]

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I don't think Carl will trade him(crossing my fingers that Carl is fired). Carl will make the fans suffer for the long term deal mistake.

That being said, I hope LJ can return to his old form this season.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83peWVap63c"]YouTube - Jamal Charles 80yd TD Run against o.u.[/ame]

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast