Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: '07 season may be the biggest in year's...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    wichita, ks
    Posts
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Thumbs up '07 season may be the biggest in year's...


    0 Not allowed!
    This is a Draft that may define Peterson and Edward's career together. Last season we got a guy in Tamba who is relentless, putting constant pressure from the outside and a clogger-upper in the middle. We found our future safeties, and they are gonna be as good as we have EVER had!!! Hard to beat?? Well I think Bowe is the "Real Deal", and if he is this will open this offense up. No longer a constant 8 man front from defenses. The addition of Tank and Turk and there ability to clog the middle and get into the backfield is only going to improve a defense that has already improved last year to 16 overall from 30th the year before. Along with a couple late sighnings that I'm faithfull the chiefs will make before camp and there is a good chance this team is gonna surprise a lot of us in '07.

    Here is a thought. We all know how good Kennison is looking this off-season, he is in great shape. He will be productive once more this year. Jeff Webb has ALL kinds of potintial, Parker is parker...Now we bring in Bowe, and if were lucky:sign0076: K. Johnson!! Now tell me that won't open up LJ. If we can get this offense going, there is NO doubt the defense will improve. A top 10 defense is VERY possible in '07. There are a lot of if's...But....we r chiefs fans, right.

    Bigchief

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KcBigChief View Post
    This is a Draft that may define Peterson and Edward's career together. Last season we got a guy in Tamba who is relentless, putting constant pressure from the outside and a clogger-upper in the middle. We found our future safeties, and they are gonna be as good as we have EVER had!!! Hard to beat?? Well I think Bowe is the "Real Deal", and if he is this will open this offense up. No longer a constant 8 man front from defenses. The addition of Tank and Turk and there ability to clog the middle and get into the backfield is only going to improve a defense that has already improved last year to 16 overall from 30th the year before. Along with a couple late sighnings that I'm faithfull the chiefs will make before camp and there is a good chance this team is gonna surprise a lot of us in '07.

    Here is a thought. We all know how good Kennison is looking this off-season, he is in great shape. He will be productive once more this year. Jeff Webb has ALL kinds of potintial, Parker is parker...Now we bring in Bowe, and if were lucky K. Johnson!! Now tell me that won't open up LJ. If we can get this offense going, there is NO doubt the defense will improve. A top 10 defense is VERY possible in '07. There are a lot of if's...But....we r chiefs fans, right.

    Bigchief
    Finally someone that has a positive spin on things. Everyone around here has been sour grapes. You do pose a lot of if's, but every team has holes. You can't address every hole via the draft alone. I'm excited about this upcoming year. The defense is improving. We will have a new QB, new receivers, and a RB that is a stud.

    The glass is half full in my world.
    :bananen_smilies044: :bananen_smilies044:


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Finally someone that has a positive spin on things. Everyone around here has been sour grapes. You do pose a lot of if's, but every team has holes. You can't address every hole via the draft alone. I'm excited about this upcoming year. The defense is improving. We will have a new QB, new receivers, and a RB that is a stud.

    The glass is half full in my world.
    :bananen_smilies044: :bananen_smilies044:
    Agreed; it is a good positive outlook, and you're right our running back is a stud, but will only help if he isn't sitting out because of a contract dispute. Not trying to bring the party down by interjecting negativity, but I don't see Carl letting go of 80 mil over the next 8 years. But I admit that I have been a glass half empty guy for probably way too long; maybe it's time that I allowed the Chiefs Homer in me to resurface. :)


  4. #4
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed; it is a good positive outlook, and you're right our running back is a stud, but will only help if he isn't sitting out because of a contract dispute. Not trying to bring the party down by interjecting negativity, but I don't see Carl letting go of 80 mil over the next 8 years. But I admit that I have been a glass half empty guy for probably way too long; maybe it's time that I allowed the Chiefs Homer in me to resurface. :)
    There's nothing wrong with being excited about your team. I agree, it's depressing to watch the offense disappear, but I miss those days from the 90's when the Chiefs would just kick opposing offenses right in the gonads. I love defense even more than offense. I hope that having some new WR options will add some balance to our team.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being excited about your team. I agree, it's depressing to watch the offense disappear, but I miss those days from the 90's when the Chiefs would just kick opposing offenses right in the gonads. I love defense even more than offense. I hope that having some new WR options will add some balance to our team.
    Agreed; and I sure hope you're right!


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Location
    betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.
    Posts
    1,258
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    you maybe right thinking this might be the "year" i still can remember going to old studium downtown as a kid, so i`ve been following them along time. everyyear i hope this willbe the year. this year is a rebuilding or retooling, what ever you want to call it. i dont get my hopes up for "rebuilding,retooling years" but if we can beat the faiders,bolts or donkes at least once, it was a good year.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    118
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    but I miss those days from the 90's when the Chiefs would just kick opposing offenses right in the gonads. I love defense even more than offense.
    I hope that this is we are building a foundation to recreate those old defenses that used to come out and hit people in the mouth. If it comes down to it- we build a good defense-if Croyle can develop into a top QB, we can always improve the d-line. We obviously know how to build all these things the only big future question for me is can Brody Croyle develop into a top NFL qb that is it.

    But no matter what happens we are still gonna pull for the Chiefs and when they lose we are gonna be heart broken cuz we love'em. Eventually we are gonna build that Super Bowl winner and it will be a beautifull thing. I will be happy to say I have been there all along.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Optimism is a wonderful thing.


  9. #9
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KcBigChief View Post
    This is a Draft that may define Peterson and Edward's career together. Last season we got a guy in Tamba who is relentless, putting constant pressure from the outside and a clogger-upper in the middle. We found our future safeties, and they are gonna be as good as we have EVER had!!! Hard to beat?? Well I think Bowe is the "Real Deal", and if he is this will open this offense up. No longer a constant 8 man front from defenses. The addition of Tank and Turk and there ability to clog the middle and get into the backfield is only going to improve a defense that has already improved last year to 16 overall from 30th the year before. Along with a couple late sighnings that I'm faithfull the chiefs will make before camp and there is a good chance this team is gonna surprise a lot of us in '07.

    Here is a thought. We all know how good Kennison is looking this off-season, he is in great shape. He will be productive once more this year. Jeff Webb has ALL kinds of potintial, Parker is parker...Now we bring in Bowe, and if were lucky:sign0076: K. Johnson!! Now tell me that won't open up LJ. If we can get this offense going, there is NO doubt the defense will improve. A top 10 defense is VERY possible in '07. There are a lot of if's...But....we r chiefs fans, right.

    Bigchief

    THANKYOU SIR
    finallllllly somebody realizes that we will be much better next season. We were a playoff team last year and we have inproved a lot, without losing much, other than Will Shields. We deffenetely should make the playoffs and by 2008 we should be a Super Bowl Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan27 View Post
    THANKYOU SIR
    finallllllly somebody realizes that we will be much better next season. We were a playoff team last year and we have inproved a lot, without losing much, other than Will Shields. We deffenetely should make the playoffs and by 2008 we should be a Super Bowl Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Enthusiasm is, also, a wonderful thing.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •