Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '07 season may be the biggest in year's...

Thumbs up '07 season may be the biggest in year's...

This is a Draft that may define Peterson and Edward's career together. Last season we got a guy in Tamba who is relentless, putting constant pressure from the outside and a clogger-upper in the middle. We found our future safeties, and they are gonna be as good as we have EVER had!!! Hard to beat?? Well I think Bowe is the "Real Deal", and if he is this will open this offense up. No longer a constant 8 man front from defenses. The addition of Tank and Turk and there ability to clog the middle and get into the backfield is only going to improve a defense that has already improved last year to 16 overall from 30th the year before. Along with a couple late sighnings that I'm faithfull the chiefs will make before camp and there is a good chance this team is gonna surprise a lot of us in '07.

Here is a thought. We all know how good Kennison is looking this off-season, he is in great shape. He will be productive once more this year. Jeff Webb has ALL kinds of potintial, Parker is parker...Now we bring in Bowe, and if were lucky:sign0076: K. Johnson!! Now tell me that won't open up LJ. If we can get this offense going, there is NO doubt the defense will improve. A top 10 defense is VERY possible in '07. There are a lot of if's...But....we r chiefs fans, right.

Bigchief

Quote Originally Posted by KcBigChief View Post
    This is a Draft that may define Peterson and Edward's career together. Last season we got a guy in Tamba who is relentless, putting constant pressure from the outside and a clogger-upper in the middle. We found our future safeties, and they are gonna be as good as we have EVER had!!! Hard to beat?? Well I think Bowe is the "Real Deal", and if he is this will open this offense up. No longer a constant 8 man front from defenses. The addition of Tank and Turk and there ability to clog the middle and get into the backfield is only going to improve a defense that has already improved last year to 16 overall from 30th the year before. Along with a couple late sighnings that I'm faithfull the chiefs will make before camp and there is a good chance this team is gonna surprise a lot of us in '07.

Here is a thought. We all know how good Kennison is looking this off-season, he is in great shape. He will be productive once more this year. Jeff Webb has ALL kinds of potintial, Parker is parker...Now we bring in Bowe, and if were lucky K. Johnson!! Now tell me that won't open up LJ. If we can get this offense going, there is NO doubt the defense will improve. A top 10 defense is VERY possible in '07. There are a lot of if's...But....we r chiefs fans, right.

Bigchief
    Finally someone that has a positive spin on things. Everyone around here has been sour grapes. You do pose a lot of if's, but every team has holes. You can't address every hole via the draft alone. I'm excited about this upcoming year. The defense is improving. We will have a new QB, new receivers, and a RB that is a stud.

The glass is half full in my world.
    :bananen_smilies044: :bananen_smilies044:

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Finally someone that has a positive spin on things. Everyone around here has been sour grapes. You do pose a lot of if's, but every team has holes. You can't address every hole via the draft alone. I'm excited about this upcoming year. The defense is improving. We will have a new QB, new receivers, and a RB that is a stud.

The glass is half full in my world.
    :bananen_smilies044: :bananen_smilies044:
    Agreed; it is a good positive outlook, and you're right our running back is a stud, but will only help if he isn't sitting out because of a contract dispute. Not trying to bring the party down by interjecting negativity, but I don't see Carl letting go of 80 mil over the next 8 years. But I admit that I have been a glass half empty guy for probably way too long; maybe it's time that I allowed the Chiefs Homer in me to resurface. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed; it is a good positive outlook, and you're right our running back is a stud, but will only help if he isn't sitting out because of a contract dispute. Not trying to bring the party down by interjecting negativity, but I don't see Carl letting go of 80 mil over the next 8 years. But I admit that I have been a glass half empty guy for probably way too long; maybe it's time that I allowed the Chiefs Homer in me to resurface. :)
    There's nothing wrong with being excited about your team. I agree, it's depressing to watch the offense disappear, but I miss those days from the 90's when the Chiefs would just kick opposing offenses right in the gonads. I love defense even more than offense. I hope that having some new WR options will add some balance to our team.

There's nothing wrong with being excited about your team. I agree, it's depressing to watch the offense disappear, but I miss those days from the 90's when the Chiefs would just kick opposing offenses right in the gonads. I love defense even more than offense. I hope that having some new WR options will add some balance to our team.
    Agreed; and I sure hope you're right!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

you maybe right thinking this might be the "year" i still can remember going to old studium downtown as a kid, so i`ve been following them along time. everyyear i hope this willbe the year. this year is a rebuilding or retooling, what ever you want to call it. i dont get my hopes up for "rebuilding,retooling years" but if we can beat the faiders,bolts or donkes at least once, it was a good year.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I like the Keshawn Johnson idea a lot!!! He was all amped about teaching the young WR at Carolina. We have 3 who could use some tutorage!! can you imagine if L.J. got through the line and had Johnson and Bowe downfield blocking? He could hit 2k easy this year. I for one don't think our O-line will be all that bad. I believe our defense is ready to make a HUGE jump this year into the top 10 or maybe even 5 in total defense. I even believe that whoever our QB is, has got to be better than Rex Grossman was last year. If our QB can prevent turning the ball over, we could have a really good team.

Here's the problem(s). Our schedule is absolutely brutal. Our QB will be in his first year as a starter. Our O-line will be in thier first year together as a unit, much like last year. We all know by now that a real good O-line USUALLY has played together for a while. Our defense will have have at LEAST 4 rookie starters and 6 total new players. Which again, we know that real good defensive units USUALLY have played together for a while. Oh yeah, and we play in the AFC. Which is freakin stacked this year!! It's going to take AT LEAST 10 wins to get in the playoffs.

If you see this team with the schedule it has winning 10 games, then hell yeah!! First round, here we come!! Otherwise, there is GREAT optomism to be had about 2008!!

but I miss those days from the 90's when the Chiefs would just kick opposing offenses right in the gonads. I love defense even more than offense.
    I hope that this is we are building a foundation to recreate those old defenses that used to come out and hit people in the mouth. If it comes down to it- we build a good defense-if Croyle can develop into a top QB, we can always improve the d-line. We obviously know how to build all these things the only big future question for me is can Brody Croyle develop into a top NFL qb that is it.

But no matter what happens we are still gonna pull for the Chiefs and when they lose we are gonna be heart broken cuz we love'em. Eventually we are gonna build that Super Bowl winner and it will be a beautifull thing. I will be happy to say I have been there all along.

Optimism is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KcBigChief View Post

Here is a thought. We all know how good Kennison is looking this off-season, he is in great shape. He will be productive once more this year. Jeff Webb has ALL kinds of potintial, Parker is parker...Now we bring in Bowe, and if were lucky:sign0076: K. Johnson!! Now tell me that won't open up LJ. If we can get this offense going, there is NO doubt the defense will improve. A top 10 defense is VERY possible in '07. There are a lot of if's...But....we r chiefs fans, right.

Bigchief

THANKYOU SIR
    finallllllly somebody realizes that we will be much better next season. We were a playoff team last year and we have inproved a lot, without losing much, other than Will Shields. We deffenetely should make the playoffs and by 2008 we should be a Super Bowl Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast