Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Harris is an employee of the Kansas City Chiefs

Default Napoleon Harris is an employee of the Kansas City Chiefs

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It's almost like you are trying to be optimistic!!
    Nah, after all he does have a reputation to uphold.

Sorry guys, but I'm not that impressed with Napoleon Harris. Sure, he lead the team in tackles, sure he got SOME tackles for a loss, but the majority of the tackles were down the field a ways. He's not good against the run at all.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Sorry guys, but I'm not that impressed with Napoleon Harris. Sure, he lead the team in tackles, sure he got SOME tackles for a loss, but the majority of the tackles were down the field a ways. He's not good against the run at all.
    Here's where the domino effect comes in. How effective could the LB's be when the CB's were getting roasted all season? The result was playing off the line to help the secondary. The other issue is that if the defensive lineman were doing their job the LB's wouldn't have to stop so many runners 7 yards down the field.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Here's where the domino effect comes in. How effective could the LB's be when the CB's were getting roasted all season? The result was playing off the line to help the secondary. The other issue is that if the defensive lineman were doing their job the LB's wouldn't have to stop so many runners 7 yards down the field.
    I'll have to agree with you there, I think just getting Dorsey could cut the amount of yards we gave up on the ground by 1/3. We should see how good Harris is next season if he starts!

You have got to remember that we play the cover 2 as well. so the LBs are getting more zone assignments than blitzes. And with 90% of our d line pressure coming from the DEs and the linebackers dropped back we got run all over.

We need our CBs to step up in a big way so we can start crashing the line better. I am anxious to see all these rookies play but am preparing myself to deal with a lot of mistakes made in coverage.

Meh! Outside of Tony Gonzalez, Who's starting job is secure? I kind of get tired about these guy's whining about their jobs. The guy played pretty good last year. Should that stop the Chiefs from bringing in someone to compete? Not IMO. I think Harris will end up with the starting job. But I don't think it's to much to ask that he earns it. Cry me a friggin river!

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I think Donnie should be playing in the middle and it doesn't matter if you're leading the team in tackles if those tackles are 5 to 7 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Of course, I don't know much about the guy we brought in. Maybe Napoleon is the better option.
    Rather coincidental that Donnie Edwards has been labeled as a downfield tackler for the majority of his career, then we are going to criticize another guy in the same way, and suggest that that is why we would start Edwards.

When Harris played for the Vikings, he didn't have that criticism. But then his DTs in Minnesota weren't being shoved into his way either.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Rather coincidental that Donnie Edwards has been labeled as a downfield tackler for the majority of his career, then we are going to criticize another guy in the same way, and suggest that that is why we would start Edwards.

When Harris played for the Vikings, he didn't have that criticism. But then his DTs in Minnesota weren't being shoved into his way either.
    I dunno, whenever I watched the games, it just seemed like he wasn't really standing out. I always heard Derrick Johnson's name, as well as Edwards, but I only heard Harris twice or so. I'm willing to see what he's got this coming season though.

I dunno, whenever I watched the games, it just seemed like he wasn't really standing out. I always heard Derrick Johnson's name, as well as Edwards, but I only heard Harris twice or so. I'm willing to see what he's got this coming season though.
    chief31 mentioned last year how much Harris wasn't getting mentioned as well
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    chief31 mentioned last year how much Harris wasn't getting mentioned as well

All good points; perhaps it is just that we are getting him towards the end of his career and, unlike Edwards and Gonzolas, it shows. Then again maybe this year he will shine, only time will tell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast