Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Rookie excites you the most?

Default Which Rookie excites you the most?

I know Dorsey was a pretty pick, but I have to go with Brandon Albert. Many can say the offense died when Herm became HC, which I won't strongly disagree.

One fact is that once Willie Roaf Retired this offense was all but done. Then add Will Shields and our offensive line went from one of the best in the league to the worste and offense suffered from it.

Regardless of Albert being a stud or not, I do believe he could be a strong foundation for this once proud offensive line and is the first step to returning this team to a competitive team.

I hope that Brandon is the real deal, the O-line must get better!! If not the Defense will not have much of a chance either! Because Hermy plays to win by control of the clock, and field position!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I hope that Brandon is the real deal, the O-line must get better!! If not the Defense will not have much of a chance either! Because Hermy plays to win by control of the clock, and field position!
    I think he is fine. At worste he is another Robert Gallery, where he will be moved to Guard. Actually I get the feeling that Jake Long might be another Bobby Gallery.

Either way I think he fills a role somewhere on this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think he is fine. At worste he is another Robert Gallery, where he will be moved to Guard. Actually I get the feeling that Jake Long might be another Bobby Gallery.

Either way I think he fills a role somewhere on this line.
    The primary reason Gallery failed at LT is short arms.

He has quicker feet, and has about the same athleticism of Jake Long.

Jake Long has awkward feet, so I think it highly likely that he'll be a RT in a couple of years.

If Gallery had more athleticism, even with short arms he might have been able to play at LT

Which leads me to Albert.

Of the O-Linemen in this draft, only Clady had longer arms, and he is more naturally athletic, having been an all city or all state BB player in high school, and has much natural foot quickness than either Gallery or Long.

He has "Dancer's feet".

Combinr that with the huge wingspan, and he is a natural LT.

That's why Bicknell said he was playing guard in a tackle's body.

[quote=Seek;90718]I think he is fine. At worste he is another Robert Gallery, where he will be moved to Guard. Actually I get the feeling that Jake Long might be another Bobby Gallery.

Either way I think he fills a role somewhere on this line.[/quote]
    Yeah, he might be a Will Shields type!!! No problem with that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    The primary reason Gallery failed at LT is short arms.

He has quicker feet, and has about the same athleticism of Jake Long.

Jake Long has awkward feet, so I think it highly likely that he'll be a RT in a couple of years.

If Gallery had more athleticism, even with short arms he might have been able to play at LT

Which leads me to Albert.

Of the O-Linemen in this draft, only Clady had longer arms, and he is more naturally athletic, having been an all city or all state BB player in high school, and has much natural foot quickness than either Gallery or Long.

He has "Dancer's feet".

Combinr that with the huge wingspan, and he is a natural LT.

That's why Bicknell said he was playing guard in a tackle's body.
    So you agree, worste case scenerio he gets moved back to Guard but has much more potential at a LT.

That is why I am more excited about Ablert than Dorsey. He fills a much bigger need.

So you agree, worste case scenerio he gets moved back to Guard but has much more potential at a LT.

That is why I am more excited about Ablert than Dorsey. He fills a much bigger need.
    To me, worst case scenario is that he takes about 6 games to really feel comfortable.

I just don't see the "experiment" failing, and I'm usually extremely cynical about these kind of moves.

But yeah, he can be moved back to guard.

But when it comes to which rookie I'm most excited about, I'm like Charlie Brown.

Wishy-washy.

Every one of them brings something that excites me, except for Merritt.

I also like Chris McDuffie and Steve Octavian, if he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    To me, worst case scenario is that he takes about 6 games to really feel comfortable.

I just don't see the "experiment" failing, and I'm usually extremely cynical about these kind of moves.

But yeah, he can be moved back to guard.

But when it comes to which rookie I'm most excited about, I'm like Charlie Brown.

Wishy-washy.

Every one of them brings something that excites me, except for Merritt.

I also like Chris McDuffie and Steve Octavian, if he can stay healthy.
    Very true also, the one that stands out the most, may not be the one that all thinks will. Now or over the next 2-3 years, Jared Allen, as an example! damit anyway!

Same here.

Though, I am pumped to see what Dorsey can do for us as well... Flowers also.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Same here.

Though, I am pumped to see what Dorsey can do for us as well... Flowers also.
    And not only Dorsey and Flowers, there are a couple more that may make the starting line up! Time will tell! Damm off season anyway! I am ready for some CHIEFS FOOTBALL!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast