Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Default Training Camp

Does anyone know the date that we scrimmage with the Viqueens?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Don't be surprised if he can't show up our line. I'm sure the Chiefs will try to cover their bases to justify letting him get away by throwing some extra protection his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    You know, I don't really think the Chiefs will try to cover their asses.

Their goal will be to grow and improve, and they might just want to let Albert, if he's in camp on time, work one on one against Allen, and I, for one, will not be the least bit surprised to hear that Albert wins that battle overall.

I believe Albert is that good.
    Trying to cover their butts and actually doing it can be two different things. We've all seen how good Allen is and even though I agree that Albert is that good, he's still a rookie. I think Allen will show him some moves that he's never seen before and give him a taste of what it's like to play in the pros.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    Trying to cover their butts and actually doing it can be two different things. We've all seen how good Allen is and even though I agree that Albert is that good, he's still a rookie. I think Allen will show him some moves that he's never seen before and give him a taste of what it's like to play in the pros.
    That is the best way to learn.

Put him out there one on one with a guy who knows how to get after the QB.

No doubt Allen will start out the day by schooling him, but Albert is smart, so he'll learn, and by the end of the sessions he'll be winning the battles.

That is the best way to learn.

Put him out there one on one with a guy who knows how to get after the QB.

No doubt Allen will start out the day by schooling him, but Albert is smart, so he'll learn, and by the end of the sessions he'll be winning the battles.
    Dude. Seriously. Allen is gonna drive him nuts. We are talking about a guy who has played two games, in college, at OT, against one of the elite DEs in the NFL today. What you are suggesting is really not very short of a genuine, "Hand Of God", miracle.

But then, it is only going to be limited practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Don't be surprised if he can't show up our line. I'm sure the Chiefs will try to cover their bases to justify letting him get away by throwing some extra protection his way.
    I was just thinking that same thing. Don't be surprised to see an article about how well Albert is able to handle JA to make his draft look even better and hope to silence any doubt about him playing LT.

Just like Warfield was supposedly shutting down Randy Moss after we cut Donnie Edwards and resigned Warfield.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Dude. Seriously. Allen is gonna drive him nuts. We are talking about a guy who has played two games, in college, at OT, against one of the elite DEs in the NFL today. What you are suggesting is really not very short of a genuine, "Hand Of God", miracle.

But then, it is only going to be limited practicing.
    Allen relies a combination of speed and strength to rush the QB.

He really only has about 2 "moves".

If it were Jason Taylor or Michael Strahan, then I think Albert would be really getting schooled.

Bleep! Jared Allen! He is not a Chief anymore!! So I hope he get his *** beat, all season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Bleep! Jared Allen! He is not a Chief anymore!! So I hope he get his *** beat, all season!!!
    You are such a wonderful person!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You are such a wonderful person!!
    Why thank you wonderful person!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    In the big picture of things, I agree with that sentiment.

However, he'll be as big a help to Albert in those two(?) days of scrimmage as Hali will be throughout TC.

I hope I'm wrong about Hali, but I think moving him to RDE is a huge mistake.

He's going to get owned by the superior blockers that man the LT position for most of the better teams.

In the big picture of things, I agree with that sentiment.

However, he'll be as big a help to Albert in those two(?) days of scrimmage as Hali will be throughout TC.

I hope I'm wrong about Hali, but I think moving him to RDE is a huge mistake.

He's going to get owned by the superior blockers that man the LT position for most of the better teams.
    Who else are you going to play at RDE? There is no one else with the speed and strength to fill that roll. Hopefully Dorsey will command the double team to allow Hali to just beat the LT. Jared was doing it against double teams.

I am not to thrilled about Boone being moved to DE.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast